It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2002 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I read a book about the Pyramids in Egypt. They said that they found Hyroglyphs that showed tanks and helicopters from our time, so the question is: how did the egyptians know about helicopters and tanks? Did you ever wonder why the pyramids in egypt and in mexico and all over the world always have the same shape?? They couldnt travel that far by then...we think.......

posted on Jul, 19 2002 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Actually, the book got its facts wrong. We've discussed this before, and the impression that there's helicopters and so forth comes from doing photoenhancing on a section of an Egyptian tomb. The photoenhancing is done wrong, and gives the impression that there's things there which aren't.

It's like looking at the Declaration of Independance and photoenhancing the "J" in "John Hancock" to be a butterfly.

It comes up frequently on archaeology lists and every time it does, the scholars sigh.

Here's a reference site:
www.finart.be...

posted on Jul, 19 2002 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This will explain it. !

www.bvalphaserver.com... ewthread&tid=4992&page=1

posted on Jul, 20 2002 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I watched a show not long ago,they are starting to think it may have been possible for some boats to have made the trip to the "New World". It would help explain the the Olmec heads and other things.

posted on Jul, 21 2002 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I reckon the pyramids would have to be one of the most unexplained and mysterious things on our planet

posted on Jul, 21 2002 @ 08:50 AM
link   
No, the pyramids really aren't the most unexplained things on the face of the planet. They MIGHT have been -- except for the find of the Rosetta Stone.

The Pyramids (and all Egyptian tombs) are covered with writing, saying who they're for, with descriptions of the afterlife, with prayers, with formulas (how they preserved the bodies and so forth). The idea of "unexplained secrets" comes from the mystic societies of the late 1800's and early 1900's, when very little of the material had been translated and people (who didn't read arachaeological journals anyway) felt free to get "psychic impressions" about what was going on -- and to mangle the facts to fit them.

Much less is known about the Mayans and the Incans. There was a systematic attempt to destroy their culture by the Spaniards, and they lived in an environment where things weren't well preserved.

There are bigger mysteries closer to home. I was in Costa Rica about four years ago, and we saw a lot of artifacts in museums that belonged to pre-Columbian people. There's not a lot of information on these. One of the big (and more interesting) mysteries is of the deity (and they're not sure he's actually a deity) called "El Grande Chaman" - The Great Shaman. Bits and pieces can be deduced about this being, but real information is very elusive.

Madame Blativsky and her crowd didn't know about this, though, and it never actually made its way into the psychic phenomina literature.

posted on Jul, 23 2002 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Byrd, my faith in humanity is back! It is so nice to read an educated, lucid and supported comment on a question!

So many responses on this board begin with "I think..." or "I feel..." and have an almost allergic response to facts or supporting documentation. Thanks again and keep it up!

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its all verywell in writing it off as"trick photos etc"but really there is so much being covered up in the world,that this as with many things could be too push us off the sent.

The facts about the pics could be correct,but,i tend too think with all the coruption in the world today.It also could be right,these pics are real?

God there is so much to be uncovered and when you balance it with our life span we have soo little time.

I am not flaming anyone here,just stating how i see things,there is always something within something,with all the cover ups will we ever know the truth.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Did you ever wonder why the pyramids in egypt and in mexico and all over the world always have the same shape??

Pyramids are structurally very strong maybe??? Easy to build??

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah I'd like to add on to what Ezekiel said...
...my dad used to be a surveyor and his friend still is for BLM and his friend and I were talking once and the pyramids came up.

He loves discussing the pyramids because as he'll tell you, any self-respecting surveyor and engineer should see how incredibly easy it actually is in concept to build the pyramids in egpyt.

He then went on to discuss how sand (very common in a desert ^.^) adheres naturally to a certain degree, that is why when you pour sand on sand it will rise with a slope of something like 30 degrees or such, I forget that bit.

However as he points out the pyramids' walls are at the same slope as this natural retention for sand, so as he and much of his colleagues theorize, they simply would set the huge blocks of stone using sand. You'd raise a mound of sand on top of what you've already laid, then you'd flatten the areas to place the stones, place the stones on the sand, and you could remove the sand and thusly lower the blocks into place, VERY accurately, since it would be a slow process, you could make minor corrections along the way of the placement.

Getting them up there of course is not too confusing an idea, either a long rampart or a sprialing rampart, and skids will ride on sand or mud fairly easily.

Also much of the pyramids were filled with sand and had to be excavated to reach the inner chambers, which could help explain the systematic sealment of the tombs, such as those strange shafts that seemingly lead to know where, and they sent the robots up them and found only blocks blocking the way, well if that shaft led to a vault of sand that held up some form of door, as the sand poured into another space I.E. burial chamber, then a sealing block could fall into place behind the sand and the door fall into place as the sand drained from the one chamber to the other and so on...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've seen computer simulations of how to use sand to accurately place large stone blocks before...It works rather well when you have some idea on how to do it.

top topics

join