It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is a do nothing President!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually, if one examines closely this con man's record he has done absolutely nothing, is doing absolutely nothing, and likely will do nothing for anyone but the elite.

All he does is react to things . . . a typical politician’s way of doing NOTHING!

He has no vision. He doesn’t fight for anything. And when he does it is the minimum expected.

Look at his so-called universal health care plan. He didn’t even devise it himself, he let the congress do it and fight over it. And one major thing it will do is make the health care corporate industry richer. It has only one or two decent programs for the middle class: no more preexisting conditions and the children of policy holders can be on their parents plan to 26. And lacks a public option because he made a deal not to fight for it. This flimsy plan wasn’t worth the effort. He might as well have only asked for those two items above and not have the country fight over the scraps of this flimsy plan.

Look at his so-called assistance to the millions of home owners who will loose their homes. What has he done for them? NOTHING!

He has only assisted the banks and bailed out the Wall Street investment bankers.

Where is this Nobel Prize winners peace initiates ANYWHERE in the world?
The Middle East?
The Afghan War?
The wars in Africa?
The Libyan War—he practically started

On these fronts this fraud gets a big ZERO!

What has he done for the economy?
Any inner city initiatives—NONE!
A too little stimulus
No initiatives in job creation
He folded and signed a continuation of the tax cuts for the rich

Bottom line if we look at Obama it seems he has done nothing.
He only occasionally reacts.

It is clear he is a puppet place holder for whatever horrors the elite scum bags have for us in 2012!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A leader acts
A follower reacts

Nuff said
S+F, OP

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This should be an interesting thread ..do you realize you just opened up a big can of worms ..?
Im glad you have posted your thoughts it will be interesting to see all views on just what they really think about Obama,, I dont share your same views but yet I cant say much about the Bush years either ??? I blame G.B.Jr. for 911 he had close ties to the BinLadens family it went sour and many ppl died and not to mention when G.B.Jr was in term oll over the world he was hated .. sooo can you tell me all the good things that our previous President Bush did for this country id love to hear it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm not an Obama fan, but to be fair, he came into power during one of the worst times in history economically for the US. His failure was to try and implement stuff like Universal Health care during a deficit situation and severe economic turmoil.

The mis-mash wacky plan your ended up with is as much The Republican's fault as his. No where else in the world do people think that Health care shouldn't be accessible and affordable for everyone.

The other stuff he didn't do (like close Gitmo) is not unusual. Politicians in opposition say all sorts of stuff, and make all sorts of promises. When the get into power, they suddenly realize things are not that simple (which is why you should never trust them, give them limited power, and change the often).

Obama's biggest failure is the inability to work towards a balanced budget. However, when all the opposition is screaming is to "cut taxes" its not easy.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Trashing obama doesn't automatically mean the person supported bush you know...funny how people think that, usually liberals though..Go figure..

Obama has an incredibly long list of failures to his credit so far, but I think he counts destroying the country as a success because of the way that he makes stupid jokes when anyone asks him a serious question about those issues..

The last 3 presidents have declined the USA into the mess it is in now, with obama escalating that trend to extremes..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hes gotta get his priorities in line. His first and his only accomplishment was repealing Dont Ask Dont Tell.
That will be his legacy, allowing gays in the military

It just amazes me that the US would elect a person President, who has had only about 4 years of political experience as a senator.
Come to think of it, that is affirmative action at its very highest level.
edit on 1-5-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

1 billion in money? The people paying for his campaign aren't just doing it for charity it's an investment. A president can't represent the average American people when the reason he's in office is because of the elites.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
www.cbsnews.com...

1 billion in money? The people paying for his campaign aren't just doing it for charity it's an investment. A president can't represent the average American people when the reason he's in office is because of the elites.

Which US politician isn't bank rolled and connected with big money behind them? From what I have read and seen, most of your politicians come from a very small pool of families, money and connections. It would be very hard for an "average American" to ever be able to run for the Senate or Congress.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

Yes thats why I refer to the two party system as the two party oligarchy. Our government has become so out of touch with the ideologies that our founding fathers founded this country on. They would roll in their graves if they knew how our country is today. Like celebrating the royal families wedding. The royal family, the very thing we fought and died to separate from.

Vote for Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Trashing obama doesn't automatically mean the person supported bush you know...funny how people think that, usually liberals though..Go figure..

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This frustrates me to no end!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Hes gotta get his priorities in line. His first and his only accomplishment was repealing Dont Ask Dont Tell.
That will be his legacy, allowing gays in the military

It just amazes me that the US would elect a person President, who has had only about 4 years of political experience as a senator.
Come to think of it, that is affirmative action at its very highest level.
edit on 1-5-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

It amazes me to see how some can belittle gays .. when they the Republicans have senators that are gay um like JOHN BARRASSO and its the hypocritical stuff and backstabing out rage from the tea party .. Im not a Obama fan im a realist not a liberal not a republican not a independent im a realist making my decisions based on what is real.. and to tell u the real truth they owe the NDNs much more than they have given IMO

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I wasnt belittling gays, i dont care one way or the other. I was just pointing out the fact that his priorities are way out of line.
With (then two wars) now three, the economy crashing, unemployment rising and several other major things going on, he chose to take on what? Gays in the military. WTF? How does that create jobs or help the economy?
He is clearly out of touch.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Obama has an incredibly long list of failures to his credit so far, but I think he counts destroying the country as a success because of the way that he makes stupid jokes when anyone asks him a serious question about those issues..

The last 3 presidents have declined the USA into the mess it is in now, with obama escalating that trend to extremes..
Im not trashing Obama .. what Bush has done is REAL dammage ,, and ya cant cover it up cant undo it ,, im just saying that Obama is getting blamed for lots of stuff and all I hear is lame crap about stuff .. lets be honest about it please. Besides his dumb jokes you dislike go look on youtube at Gerorge B. jr he was drunk half the thime his wife was a drunk.. wanna talk about what was stupid .. go see.. Obama at least had the guts to get on TV and tell us we have problems and it wasnt going to be easy .. he has admitted that ust it isnt going the tea party way a big wha wha .. now see I dont look at it the way most do I want justice done and it dosnt concern me if you have a same sex partner this in my opinion is none of my biz .. to control who oe can love ??? nah thats not me. and to take away the peoples collective barganing rights .. it aint right in my book

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Ultraman2011

Yes thats why I refer to the two party system as the two party oligarchy. Our government has become so out of touch with the ideologies that our founding fathers founded this country on. They would roll in their graves if they knew how our country is today. Like celebrating the royal families wedding. The royal family, the very thing we fought and died to separate from.

Vote for Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to ask you something? Do you really think we separated from the Royal Family as much as they let us think we did? The only difference is we vote a new king in every four years. It's still like a monarchy they just let us think we are in control. It keeps us content and easy to deal with.

I 100% agree, Vote Ron Paul!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

I wasnt belittling gays, i dont care one way or the other. I was just pointing out the fact that his priorities are way out of line.
With (then two wars) now three, the economy crashing, unemployment rising and several other major things going on, he chose to take on what? Gays in the military. WTF? How does that create jobs or help the economy?
He is clearly out of touch. [/quote

Oh ok yes I do see your point exactly now were talking an that goes for any of the presidents all of them as a matter of fact .. I know what it is like to stuggle I have worked my butt off and got involved in my community and it ticks me off that our presidents dont realize us citizens dont have that kind of money to spend its outrageous .. I said this thread would be interestinf and im just hear to voice my opinons is all not going to get mad or angry over it all .. so im just pointing out stuff too

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
1. Appointed two Supreme Court Justices
2. Passed Universal Healthcare
3. Financial industry reform
4. Prevented a 2nd Great Depression, stocks near record highs again
5. Bringing the war in Iraq to an end
6. Passed legislation to curb greenhouse gases and improve the environment
7. Nuclear non-proliferation agreement
8. Is Repairing Our Image Abroad
9. Lifted Bush restrictions on embryonic stem cell research
10. Reversed George W. Bush’s ban on federal funding to foreign organizations that allow abortions.
11. Implemented education reforms
12. Tobacco regulation-signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, which, for the first time, gave the U.S. Food & Drug Administration the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco.
13. HIRE Act
14. New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START)
15. signed the ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’
16. Childhood Obesity Act
And the list goes on... Yes, he is a "do nothing" president.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kutas
1. Appointed two Supreme Court Justices
2. Passed Universal Healthcare
3. Financial industry reform
4. Prevented a 2nd Great Depression, stocks near record highs again
5. Bringing the war in Iraq to an end
6. Passed legislation to curb greenhouse gases and improve the environment
7. Nuclear non-proliferation agreement
8. Is Repairing Our Image Abroad
9. Lifted Bush restrictions on embryonic stem cell research
10. Reversed George W. Bush’s ban on federal funding to foreign organizations that allow abortions.
11. Implemented education reforms
12. Tobacco regulation-signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, which, for the first time, gave the U.S. Food & Drug Administration the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco.
13. HIRE Act
14. New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START)
15. signed the ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’
16. Childhood Obesity Act
And the list goes on... Yes, he is a "do nothing" president.

I love it ..

yup that is right and lets see now can someone post a list for George Bush Jr,, im waiting I will come up with some stuff of my own as time goes on ,, I just hope our country can get back on its feet .. I love the old America the time when we were not looked down at .. those were the years of JFK imo

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kutas

Yes, he has indeed accomplished alot, although not everything we would like to see accomplished. I think the OP is attempting to blame Obama for the failures caused by the GOP obstructionist in congress. I do agree that he needs to fight much harder for the things that progressives voted him in to accomplish and I have to admit that it would have been nice if he had of put on his comfortable shoes and walked in the streets with those of us supporting organized labor. Nevertheless, he is far from a "do nothing" President.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

And this is really a do nothing thread. It definitely belongs in the rant folder.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

And this is really a do nothing thread. It definitely belongs in the rant folder. [/quote
you know what I think your right it looks like that to me too at the moment
edit on 1-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join