It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You’re dead ' and you’re walking to heavens’ door.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

...we're not flawed...everything is flawed. Every living thing is full of basic baggage in their anatomy and molecular biology. Our planet is unstable and has zones that would be entirely uninhabitable without our modern technology...and there are still some places where it's impossible to live even with that tech. We have tectonic activity which demolishes cities and drowns children.

There is so much imperfect in our universe...yet it all somehow came from something perfect.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

There is so much imperfect in our universe...yet it all somehow came from something perfect.

The Bible says it was "created" perfect, and that everything we witness today is the result of the fall of man and curse from God.

You can be a skeptic that's fine, but at least try to be an accurate one.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

...which necessarily had to be engineered by the supposedly all-knowing being that supposedly created everything. Either the deity is all-knowing or it isn't. You can't have it both ways. If it is all-knowing then it intentionally created a universe that would result in the fall of humanity and thus the imperfection of the universe...or it's not all knowing and it didn't mean to create things this way.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Would you mind telling me what isn't perfect with our universe?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The majority of it is empty? I mean...that right there is sort of an imperfect thing. Life is all horribly inefficient. Galaxies collide leading to destruction on an unimaginable scale (and we're due for one of those events in ~5 billion years).

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Technically its all connected, including the emptyness... Its just different forms of matter/anti-mater. The particals that make up the universe are flawless, each moving in the exact way they're meant to...

Yes, the physical world is a destructive, chaotic, painful place. Though within that chaos there is life, which is also perfect. Nature works flawlessly... and though we destroy our planet slowly, it manages to heal itself over and over.

The only real inperfection is our thoughts and actions. Everything else works exactly how it's supposed to. In perfect balance.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

...we're not flawed...everything is flawed. Every living thing is full of basic baggage in their anatomy and molecular biology. Our planet is unstable and has zones that would be entirely uninhabitable without our modern technology...and there are still some places where it's impossible to live even with that tech. We have tectonic activity which demolishes cities and drowns children.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree, the universe is simply perfect, think about it for a moment, chaos is far from imperfect, chaos is within itself a state of perfection, we just can't understand it.
Also, that we don't have tech to live in some places has nothing to do with perfection, this planet has hold life for millions of years, yet life is a miracle by itself, earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, its all part of a natural balance that keeps life, well, alive.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Akragon

The majority of it is empty? I mean...that right there is sort of an imperfect thing. Life is all horribly inefficient. Galaxies collide leading to destruction on an unimaginable scale (and we're due for one of those events in ~5 billion years).

"Life is all horribly inefficient"? I beg you to tell me why you believe this
Also, this planet may be destroyed in 5 billion years, but something will be created because of that event, maybe life will spread to other systems, who knows, but nothing bad ever happens without something good coming out of it.
edit on 3/5/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by greenCo
I learn that we are a god´s mistake...

God does not make mistakes. Even when we read in Genesis that God repented that He had made man, it reads that way to communicate with us. I still think He knew exactly what He was doing, but I say that by faith, not by sight.

God making a mistake would make such an action wrong relative to what? The is nothing relative so therefore every action of God's is correct.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
A voice comes out and asked.

What was the most important thing you learned in your flesh on earth as a human ?
Sex can be really fun. Admit it, you all know it's true. So lets cut all the sappy sounding Hallmark card stuff answering this question.

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527What was the most important thing you learned from within your soul as a human on earth ?
Sex without feelings of love can be not so fun. Romance, commitment and trust are the foundations of what the tower of love has to be built upon in order for love to flourish where it may grow into a beautiful flowering garden of rose petal paths.

Just to show folks I can write some really sappy Hallmark on tap anytime, anyplace, anywhere..... any mood too.

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527Which between the flesh and the soul do you believe ?
There may not be any difference between them. They both could be of the same system. Bodies and souls are just recorders that new bodies will be based on later after the recording is completed. Sort of like cutting an old time vinyl record. Then it's played in stereo in a place called Heaven. That's the only purpose a body and soul have. Or you can analogize it as making a mold. Later the mold is filled with a type of electromagnetic latex and you get to move around like free energy for eternity. You have to stop in again from time to time, but that's just for old time sake. Truth is I dunno, but what I wrote would be kinda cool if true. So just be true to yourself and others, and we will all eventually find out for sure at the end of the great plan for our planet.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

What was the most important thing you learned in your flesh on earth as a human ?
How awful it was to hurt some of the people that I loved and not realize it sooner or at that moment

What was the most important thing you learned from within your soul as a human on earth ?
That somehow we have been or are connected as people and I don't mean physically..

Which between the flesh and the soul do you believe ?
This one I don't follow

Then you are lost, and you will not get into the gate of heaven.
Before your death. find out the difference.

Wow dude that's pretty terrible. As if you have ANY right or ability to judge whether or not others get into heaven. You must have such an incredible intellect and spirituality in order to make such remarks about others.

Times like these I wish ATS had a NEGATIVE star feature.

The following will suffice:

Originally posted by greenCo
I learn that we are a god´s mistake...

Only the republicans.

You sir need to wake up. You are the one who is lost, not the other person. Get over Republicans vs Democrats and maybe then people can take you seriously.

I have a real question, are you 15 years old or something?
edit on 5-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Jesus Christ died according to the scriptures, He was buried, and He rose after 3 days according to the scriptures.

What was the most important thing you learned from within your soul as a human on earth ?

To follow the Holy Spirit in all things and lean not on my own understanding.

Which between the flesh and the soul do you believe ?

The Spirit, my flesh is SIN positive.

Seconded, NYT! Awesome..
Vicky

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Millions of children die of starvation...how does anything good come of that?

And yes, life is horribly inefficient. We have catalysts in our body that have giant portions of them that are entirely useless. We have organs that we don't really need.

The only reason we still have life is that life is damn stubborn. It's not perfect, but it's bull-headed beyond belief. It just scratches out a living. If life were actually efficient we would not have species that have an insane variance of organs that did the exact same thing to various degrees of effectiveness.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySprings

Sex can be really fun. Admit it, you all know it's true. So lets cut all the sappy sounding Hallmark card stuff answering this question.

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527What was the most important thing you learned from within your soul as a human on earth ?
Sex without feelings of love can be not so fun. Romance, commitment and trust are the foundations of what the tower of love has to be built upon in order for love to flourish where it may grow into a beautiful flowering garden of rose petal paths.

Just to show folks I can write some really sappy Hallmark on tap anytime, anyplace, anywhere..... any mood too.

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527Which between the flesh and the soul do you believe ?
There may not be any difference between them. They both could be of the same system. Bodies and souls are just recorders that new bodies will be based on later after the recording is completed. Sort of like cutting an old time vinyl record. Then it's played in stereo in a place called Heaven. That's the only purpose a body and soul have. Or you can analogize it as making a mold. Later the mold is filled with a type of electromagnetic latex and you get to move around like free energy for eternity. You have to stop in again from time to time, but that's just for old time sake. Truth is I dunno, but what I wrote would be kinda cool if true. So just be true to yourself and others, and we will all eventually find out for sure at the end of the great plan for our planet.

TextSex without feelings of love can be not so fun. Romance, commitment and trust are the foundations of what the tower of love has to be built upon in order for love to flourish where it may grow into a beautiful flowering garden of rose petal paths.

How many times did it take you to find that out ?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

TextYou sir need to wake up. You are the one who is lost, not the other person. Get over Republicans vs Democrats and maybe then people can take you seriously.

Loll, I’m on a conspiracy site, do you honestly think conspirators understand what real is?
Do you honestly think that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join