It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Council says Alcoholic Drinks and ethanol cause cancer!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
And who paid for this study? TEPCO?

Last year we had the medico's telling us that a glass of red wine each day is good for you and as usual now they are telling us that any amount of alcohol is bad and carcinogenic. Does this mean we can expect them to be paying compensation for all the cancer they caused since their last study? yeah right..

These idiots will say anything to get their name in a journal. Their study probably involved asking 100 cancer patients if they had ever had a beer at any stage in their life prior to the cancer or if they had driven a car that was using ethanol based fuel.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It don't matter if you smoke or drink your gonna die of something. My moms parents never smoked nor drank they watched everything they ate and took thier vitamins every day. Both died of cancer my grandfather had colon cancer and my grandmother breast cancer.

My grandmother on my dad side started smoking when she was 10. She grew up on a tobacco farm in Kentucky. She lived to be 80 and smoked for 70 years she died from liver failure.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thats hardly breaking news, this has been known in the medic community for years, what amazes me is people saying "what, I can get cancer from drinking???" , yes you can, alcohol together with smoking are the number one causers of mouth cancer for one.

It does not mean you have to stop drinking or smoking, but you will be exposing yourself to the risk.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes it has been known, but in excess, not quite "any amount of alcohol could give you cancer."

I like how they point out "could", pigs could fly also.

"Drinking alcohol increases the risk of bowel cancer in women, and liver cancer, and, because it might contribute to weight gain"

I love this part, how scientific is this...its bad for you because it might make you fatter.
So the reports saying all food is bad for me, lets see who carks it first... Me or the person that eats no food!

I'm sure we all understand binge drinking or drinking excessively leads to problems but not minor amounts.

"The only way to reduce the risk of cancer is to limit your drinks or avoid alcohol altogether."

This just seems like a junk report spewed out of our Australian government system, no scientific backing other then "Might", "could" over something as trivial as weight.

In-fact, I'm just going to eat my "fat inducing" apple just now
edit on 1-5-2011 by phantom150 because: Formating

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Is there anything anymore other than pure distilled water that does not cause cancer?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Is there anything anymore other than pure distilled water that does not cause cancer?

WELL....

I think we should wait to find out the damage caused world wide from the Fukushima fallout, before we assume that pure distilled water doesn't cause cancer!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Is there anything that doesn't give you cancer nowadays.

ALS

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Star for you!

Very good, couldn't have said it better

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

I knew someone would like it.

ALS

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites
Just because you don't smoke or drink doesn't mean you can't get cancer. Read my above post. We all die of something. We're not here for a long time we're here for a good time.
edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik

This is insane. I love a drink as much as the next guy and now the Cancer Council is saying this is as harmful as smoking. What is this world coming to?

Quote:
'It's bad news for those justifying the occasional drink as a preventer of coronary heart disease.'

What does this mean to for lovers of wine and other great beverages? I don't know if this information should be squashed or appealed. I enjoy my friday nights from time to time after work and having drinks with the girlfriend.

www.news.com.au
www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-5-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

Yeah, tell that to picasso... He loved his drink and his smoke and lived to be a ripe old age...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Okay, to shed some light on this topic, I would like to introduce you to the studies of Dr. Richard Béliveau, Ph.D and Dr. Denis Gingras, Ph.D. According to their book "Foods to fight cancer," ("Les aliments contre le cancer") red vine is the ONLY alcoholic drink, if drunken in moderation (no more than 125ml a day/for men) that has actually cancer inhibiting features, unlike all other liquors (beer, white vine, high proof beverages) that increase one's risk for several kinds of cancer, even if consumed in very small quantities.

Why exactly red vine, you might ask:

Red vine consists of "resveratrol," which is the natural chemical "protective mechanism" of vines and their grapes against microorganisms. Vines produce resveratrol as a response to the attacks of microorganisms, which is stored mostly in the skin and the cores of the grapes, hence there is a high content of it in red vine.

Naturally, it would be logical to either eat a lot of grapes (1,500 µg/100g) instead of drinking vine (only 625 µg/125 ml), BUT due to the fact of the resveratrol's storing in the skin and the core it can only be poorly utilized by the body.

An alternative to red vine would be grape juice (of course unsweetened, etc.), which has, when compared to red vine, very little amounts of resveratrol (only 65 µg/125 ml - red vine has 625 µg/125ml), but it's great for all those that cannot consume alcohol, for whatever reason.

Resveratrol was identified as an molecule that can intervene with the growth of tumors, as it disrupts the essential development phases of cancer. Dr. Béliveau and Dr. Gringas also mentioned in their book that most studies conclude that alcohol can be a cancer-causing agent, but studies that specifically focus on the impact of vine have shown that vine did not only cause no cancer, but also that it could reduce the frequency of specifc kinds of cancer.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just about the only thing they say doesn't cause cancer is their genetically modified foods, their super processed chemical laden synthetic garbage food for the masses, everything that actually CAUSES cancer, is left out of their studies.

Don't drink that wine or beer with an ingredient list you can count on one hand....

Take this Soda, don't mind the 300 chemicals we put in it for no reason whatsoever.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Im not really sure why we spend so much money trying tof ind out what causes cancer in such a way that it leads to a "stop living" prescription.... How about just finding out how to cure the darned thing?

People are going to drink, smoke, sit around, eat fatty foods etc...

Get over trying to change all of that.... Just solve the resulting issues... That's the difference between the aim of science and the aim of religion....

If we want rules to live by, we will go to church... If we want a cure... We go to science!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join