It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. I'm mentally challenged. So what, now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why do people have to make mean comments when disagreeing? I hate that. And there's not much I hate.

It is hurtful, careless, and closer to evil than brilliant. ( I told you in the title I was of the Stupid kind; Stupidus Homo Sapiens, in fact, the Sapiens part is over rated and serves only to not having to categorize me at the level of a can worm, if I make sense. )

But it's way cooler to be a badass with a wonderfully constructed rhetoric or simply be as blunt as a sledgehammer. ( I know the difference between a sledgehammer, a sledge and a hammer, I looked it up on Wiki. )

So you can bash on inferior people like me. You see in the lines above I can pound myself. I could spit on you too, if I wanted to.

I read how we are more awaken then all the sheep surrounding us but in truth, we are the sheep. Because we perpetuate amongst ourselves what we denounce to see outside.

We say TPTB hides things from us. When a poster here simply insults another member for the sake of insulting, instead of challenging in an intelligent way, or even better, to teach in order to correct what is wrongly perceived or understood, it is ALL of ATS that hurts.

Why? Because it shows the mentality of the caveman. Or that of a primate, your pick. Does ATS really need to look that stupid? If we don't even take care of our own, here, whatever battles we think we will have to fight is already lost as we keep on dividing ourselves. Or yourselves, if I'm not considered part of the lot. Whatever.

There exists a thing such as disagreeing in good terms. Sadly, it must be an incentive, the insults, for many brilliant mind, or informed ones, to remain as lurkers.

I know mods will come here and say that there a rules, we can report a "bad" post... but what use is it if you report a post that looks like;

You're an @$$! E=MC2 because scientific data says so with...

The poster may be making a valid point, but the-

You're an @$$!

...part is tolerated. Which encourages posters to act in such a way. Even if a point is valid, if it is spouted with insults, it should be removed. Period. Only then will people start to act in a civilized manner. Otherwise, it's a compromise that leads down the slope.

Don't anybody look at the world? Bah! What am I saying. I'm s'posed t'be m'ntally ch'llenged, right?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Don't worry about it. Just harden up and give it back to them double without lowering yourself to the level of stupid posts you have quoted. When they start hiding profanity in posts it means they have nothing worthwhile to reply with. This means its a victory to you. I cop that sort of stuff all time. I just follow up with a more biting post!
edit on 1-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i agree

city folk... short fueses. you should see them in traffic, and tey are the ones "used" to it

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

NO!

WAY TO MAN-UP!

STAND UP! don't suck it all up

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

When they start hiding profanity in posts it means they have nothing worthwhile to reply with. This means its a victory to you.

I keep telling that to myself... But today was half a lousy one. The last part. Grrr!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I've been round the pole here a few times myself, even with a mod once (and I haven't been here that long!).

Sometimes it's tough dealing with people with a) no sense of humor; b) a bad attitude; c) Tourette's typist disease; and d) all of the above at the same time. The trick is figuring out the best way to deal with each instance when you encounter. For me, it usually depends a bit on the mood I'm in:

1. Lazy: I ignore it and move on (slowly, 'cause I'm feeling lazy)
2. Thoughtful: I respond with a reasoned argument, trying to point out the fallacy of their reasoning, or admitting the fallacy of mine (usually my best response)
3. Fired up: I temporarily gain Tourette's typist disease myself an' let 'er rip! (not really the best solution, but sometimes quite fun!)

Just do your best to not let the occasional chucklehead get to you, and don't accept other people's labels (here or anywhere else).

And,
It's good for you.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

dude..seriously?...because someone called you an a$$?.......what the hell is the world coming to. Seriously...Don't want to be mean...but this is something you teach kids...: " He called me an a$$! "...Don't worry about it, he's a d!ck....just hit him back with something or ignore it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

The "quotes" in my OP was to give an example. But I've been told I was stupid, mentally challenged and unable to create an intelligent argument, or something like it. Only because I had made a thread about Obama trashing Trump. It was kind of funny, and commented on lots of parts of the article, trying to show the "funny" side of it all.

So I erased the OP and it went into the Trash Bin... What is funny is that a few minutes later, I couldn't find the original article on the web...
______

I'm feeling better today, and it probably wouldn't bother me, but still, I think it would be cool if people were nicer, on occasions. Usually, I try to answer politely, and a lot of times, it is all about misunderstanding... From my part in the given explanation, or from the person reading a comment, and all goes well.

I guess last night I was in my male periods...

______

Thanks all for the good words! You are great!

PS: I wanted to add that it is easy to insult, while it takes many good qualities to teach...

edit on 1-5-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join