It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repeating History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
During the crusades Europe United to fight off the Muslims in the middle east for no particular reason at all. thats is what we see today. NATO attacking libya for no absolute reason. "they were attacking their people with airplanes and artillery" ok so if there was to be a rebellion in the USA dont tell me that the USA would not use everything in their military might to suppress it. I wouldn't be surprised if we used a nuke to destroy the base camp of the rebels.

In the crusades the muslims united behind the Sultan of Egypt to fend off the Christians. That is what we potentially have here. the Arab nations uniting against the Europeans and NATO and perhaps even defeating NATO. How? Well for starters Saudi Arabia could cut off out oil supply. Then we wont even be able to use our great machines of death. then with the Arabs with all the oil they defeat us due to our incapability to use tanks, transport troops and with no air support we are sitting ducks. yea the destroyers and air craft carriers would still work cause they on nuclear energy. but how much does a ship at the coast help when your inland without missiles and aircraft?

And there we go history has repeated it self, the Muslims have once again defeated the Europeans and sent us back into the dark ages. (with out electricity)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

And there we go history has repeated it self, the Muslims have once again defeated the Europeans and sent us back into the dark ages. (with out electricity)

It's a little to soon to say that, but I agree that History repeats itself. Why? Because most ignore it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

You do realize that America has fuel reserves as well as domestic crude production that could quickly be diverted to military/defense use don't you? Believe me, there would be enough to reestablish our supply from the Saudis (or whoever else if deemed vital) through force if necessary.
edit on 30-4-2011 by nonnez because: added parenthesis

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well, though the "reasons" for the crusades were "religious", I'm inclined to think it had a lot to do with the treasures hoarded there (gold, etc., if you believe the templar stories).

So it's really the same this time, except now its "black gold".

So yep, we're repeating history. And I think the anglos/europeans got the butts hurt last time, too.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

If there is enough oil ( I know a thread was made recently about a 2006 document saying there was enough petrol under the US to cover the next 2000 years ), why attack another country in the Middle-East for oil, then?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
During the crusades Europe United to fight off the Muslims in the middle east for no particular reason at all. thats is what we see today. NATO attacking libya for no absolute reason. "they were attacking their people with airplanes and artillery" ok so if there was to be a rebellion in the USA dont tell me that the USA would not use everything in their military might to suppress it. I wouldn't be surprised if we used a nuke to destroy the base camp of the rebels.

Trade is a pretty big reason.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Well, the only reason I can honestly see would be for America to save its oil for last . . . everyone else runs low and America has many, many years supply left. I can see the logic in that, how about you? Now don't get me wrong . . . I am not saying it is correct or incorrect as far as what is happening right now because I am not in the "know" on what the specifics behind the actions are.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I understand the "logic" behind it, but not the morality. It's like seeing the bully in school steal by force everybody's lunch and bus money...

PS: Is it an oxymoron to say "steal by force"?...

edit on 30-4-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Since it's possible to turn coal into gasoline. We could fuel ourselves using our massive coal reserves in necessary.
In the end the U.S. is going to win any conventional war. We're virtually uninvadable.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur

In the crusades the muslims united behind the Sultan of Egypt to fend off the Christians. That is what we potentially have here. the Arab nations uniting against the Europeans and NATO and perhaps even defeating NATO. How? Well for starters Saudi Arabia could cut off out oil supply. Then we wont even be able to use our great machines of death. then with the Arabs with all the oil they defeat us due to our incapability to use tanks, transport troops and with no air support we are sitting ducks.

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting thread...

I would agree history does repeats itself...
It seems likely that "OIL" will be the cause of it all, and perhaps will bring forth the Dark ages as we know it.
...considering latest happenings in Libya.

Just pondering what Qaddaffi's next move is????.....

edit on 1-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join