It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should be the first to greet ETs when they arrive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Assuming of course it hasn't already been done!

In 2010, the UN appointed Mazlan Othman as the Space Ambassador to greet ET on our planet.

Personally, I don't think she is the best choice and someone else should have been given the job.

How about Dan Akroyd for his sense of humour and interest in ufology? Or Will Smith wearing his black suit? Or one of our resident skeptics from ATS?

Who would your choice be to greet ET and why?

It can be anyone, famous or not.

Your thoughts and ideas please.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
All Hail...

ME!

And then I'll bring them home for some burgers and beers.

That's the way you make friends where I come from.

Actually, with a choice of today's leaders, I wouldn't trust any of them to do it.

edit on 30-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
An advanced race like them would quickly come to understand what a selfish and greedy race the humans are assuming they don't come to conquer us.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sounds good. And I agree with you about todays leaders. None of them can be trusted.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If he were still alive, I'd go with Rodney Dangerfield.

"The world is OK now, but last week we were in rough shape, I tell ya .."

Today, I'd go with William Shatner. He has a pretty good track record for kicking alien butt. And, if they send a female, we'd have it made.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm sure they've got their arrival planned out. I'm sure it doesn't involve talking to one person. Probably going to be on a mass scale.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I say we let Jesse Ventura be ambassador! hahaha. Seriously, I don't trust any of todays leaders. Maybe Chavez.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Good answer!

Yes I think James T. would be a good choice. Might as well throw in Leonard Nimoy as well to accompany him.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well that would depend on their intentions.

First to determine their intentions I'd send Dan Akroyd.

If they turn out to be malevolent I'm sending in Rowdy Roddy Piper.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I thought they had already been greeted back in the 40's.....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

Me, for being their damned peon all of these decades. And my first question would be: "Am I really a spiritual soul that voluntered to come to Earth to help raise the inhabitants' vibration rates or something, or was I a simple, available sap? Yes or no? I need an answer quickly. My trigger finger is starting to twitch."

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'd have to pick me.
I'd tell them to leave us alone.
We as a species are obviously not ready for contact.
I feel we have some things that we need to work out before we can start moving about the Universe.
Looking over our brief history among the Cosmos, I've noted that many of our species are insane, barbaric, inhospitable, intolerable, two-faced, and greedy.
Now, not all of our species are like that!
You know that! And I've said it, so you now know that I know it!
So, what's the deal?
Just send the superior beings on their way with a few cows and some precious metals and let them know that we just aren't ready for that sort of step at this point in our species' progression.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't think anyone should be ambassador for the human race. No one person should be given the right/responsibility to represent the whole race. And I would imagine that beings capable of traveling from star to star, or galaxy to galaxy would realize this too.

Any alien species that arrives here on earth, in my opinion, will probably already know more about our species as a whole than we do ourselves. Because they are subjective, would see things around the world as they really are, and would most likely have the technology to glimpse into the REAL human earth more than any human can/would. So trying to put some glossy face on the human race to show ETs what wonderful people we are wouldn't even work, and would be disingenuous.

Although assuming they don't know anything about us before making contact, I would think the best way to present our race would have them travel the globe and talk to people of all different races, cultures, class, etc. For good or bad, exposing ETs to the reality of us as a race would be more important than trying to trick them into thinking we are something we aren't. I would think ETs would respect that choice, even if it means they choose to put of further contact for a few hundred years because of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I also agree with most of the posters here a ambassadar who speaks for the whole world doesn´t cut it. Neither should any government on earth though wo should it be? Alien tech is worth billions of dollars and that´s what most people are after though every nation would want a piece of that delicious cake. A mass sighting all over the world is the right thing for "them" to do. Sadly they already made contact with the bunch of idiots we call our government....

And who the f*ck voted for the ambassador for alien affairs anyways? I´m sure they never asked us people about it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
Assuming of course it hasn't already been done!

In 2010, the UN appointed Mazlan Othman as the Space Ambassador to greet ET on our planet.

Personally, I don't think she is the best choice and someone else should have been given the job.

The United Nations did not appoint anybody to be anything like a space ambassador. That was discovered shortly after the story came out. It's very strange, because I'm pretty sure the original article making that claim was written by the science editor of rather major UK newspaper. How does a journalist in that kind of position fudge up that badly?

My personal theory is that he did not fudge up. I speculate that the "alien ambassador" thing was used to draw attention away from the retired U.S. military guys who were speaking at the National Press Club that week about what they had been privy to regarding UFOs and nuclear weapons during their time on active duty.

The mainstream media had picked up that story and were playing it up quite a bit in the week or so prior to the press event. About two days before the scheduled press conference, the Othman story came out. Within about 24 hours it was debunked and subsequently linked in several Op Ed pieces in major newspapers to the UFO/nuke event under the general notion of "that crazy little green men stuff".

The same kind of thing occurred in 2007 when James Fox and Leslie Kean held their event at the National Press Club in which a number of - well - generals, pilots and government officials spilled the sh!t regarding their experiences with UFOs.

This was a super-credible lineup of serious people, and it might have had way more coverage in the media had it not been for...you guessed it, an even MORE sensational "alien" related story that was hyped up and then quickly disembunked. On that occasion, a Colorado man promised to reveal to the press smoking-gun video proof of aliens (remember the supposed ET peeking through the dude's window?) on the EXACT SAME DAY as the much more credible and significant event at the National Press Club.

The formula for neutralizing any unacceptably credible UFO-related story seems to go like this:

1. Distract attention from the credible UFO-related news with a sensational fake UFO-related story.
2. Reveal the sensational fake story as bunk.
3. Associate the bunk UFO story with the credible UFO story in the public's perception.

Just a hypothesis, but it's based on two separate but very similar observations. Next time there is an event scheduled to occur that is of the caliber of the UFO-nuke event or the generals, pilots et al event, look for another UFO and/or alien related story to pop up alongside it in the media and to be subsequently deflated and linked with the serious story.

Sound crazy? Read "The Missing Times: News Media Complicity in the UFO Cover-up" by Terry Hansen

Oh, and also watch this video in which Hansen discusses the CIA-UFO connection.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
well since that will neva eva happen.

i vote micheal jackson

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

Maybe let some of the untouched civilizations visit them, like maybe the aborigines. Maybe the Amish would be a good choice.

Who says they'd want to greet us and not destroy us though? Maybe they'd just kill off those of us who are too messed up to salvage in terms of re-orienting ourselves to get along with their way of life.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This specific subject probably should be treated more seriously. Of course it is practically impossible to know with undeniable certainty if someone hasn't already have made true contact with an alien race, but there are some extremely serious components to the concept.

It is almost laughable to assume that there is any one individual the UN or a consensus of governmental authorities would agree upon to represent our entire civilization with all the variety up to and including wars over ridiculous and obstenisibly trivial matters. This makes it even more difficult to find/agree on anyone actually, sincerely qualified. That "ideal" person is most likely non-existent.

However, for all the bluster thrown in our faces, you can count on the fact that the US government has some contingency plan as a "what if" scenario. Even if they deeply believe there is no such thing as alien life, this is one situation they would never want to be caught in with their pants down. It disheartens me to think that the political leaders we have here in the US: 1) think they should have or possess an unchallenged authority to select a person in the first place, 2) are remotely qualified to make such a selection, 3) may or may not already have made contact and the sudden appearance of an alien race would be mostly to continue the illusion of first contact, 4) just the thought of how these clowns would represent us could turn a potentially incendiary interaction into a flame throwing nightmare, and worst of all 5) we may should all lay awake at night worrying that the US military has already adopted a shoot first and ask questions later (assuming there IS a later) policy.

Finally, if we were to be visited for the first time and it was done in a very public manner I personally doubt our visitors will have gleaned a whole lot more information about us than we have about them. Language, communication, linguistics, philosophy, culture, etc. would make it all but impossible for them to have more than a dismissive understanding of who or what we are. Therefore, to answer the question as posed in the post, I fear we simply are woefully lacking in appropriate representation. If pressed on the matter, I would hope that as part of their preparation for such a potentiality that our government would uncharicteristically show some wisdom and turn to some of the stronger and better informed researchers. I would hope to see people of such stature as Stanton Friedman, the affable Jim Marrs, etc trotting out to make the best possible interaction. We don't even have to be fans of either of them to respect that they or someone like them pose our best chance for the most positive outcome.

I love this concept and could write an encyclopedic level response, but I respect other people's time more than that. Just wish us luck if it ever happens.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'd say the top scientists, philosophers and the most well educated religious officials. The last thing we need is them seeing our 'world leaders', they'd probably hop back on the spaceship and head home.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Not Randy March

Its Stan's father from South park

If you want a good laugh about the reason why this situation will never arrive i suggest watching
South park, episode 1306, Pinewood derby.
It is not too far from reality and explain maybe why we haven't seen that 1st countact.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join