It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You honestly believe the US would not be in the loop??

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Yes, your thread and another got moved here. We should also merge all the comments in one place.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

p, I know this sounds brutal but those "kids" would grow up to be despots themselves. Also, we have only their word for it, its not like them to lie huh . The regime is desperate so take what they say with a pinch of salt, after all, funny how everyone was killed except gaddaffi huh? I smell bs. AND saif is not exactly his favourite son..
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

There is so much wrong with this post. I am sure not many parents look at any of heir children or grandchildren as expendable based on favorites. WTF!!??? Just to think your mind processes thoughts like this and your conscience and morality is tainted enough to then post those putrid thoughts like this is absolutely and utterly without hesitation, DISGUSTING!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by Skerrako

If this is true, and we only have their word for it, then i stand by it. This family have got very rich off the backs of the blood and screams of normal libyan families for decades. Where was your angst for those families? Kids? This is long awaited karma on this scum family. A family who would kill and brutalize their own countrymen to stay in power rather than leave when the people tell them to go? No sympathy. Karma is indeed a biatch!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Yahoo comments really make me wonder about humanity sometimes.

A lot of them are paid propagandists. Its their job to make you think your people are all for this and humanity sucks. We dont. Only a minority of people find this ok.

link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I agree that your post of disregard for the lives of children is despicable. You have the morality of a savage animal. You words are depraved and you should be ashamed and are a sorry example of a human being.

link   
reply to post by backinblack

We would have been told, but with the way things have been going we just seem to be riding along while Sarkozy is driving the operation.

Now we know how the UK and Australia has felt for the past 20 years, getting dragged along into various operations.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Divide and conquer.

The "Fat Cats" sit back and watch grunts do their bidding, making profits and keep the world in chaotic fear.

If I had one wish for humanity, it would be that everyone had the wisdom and intuition to see they are being played.

Sure pick a side.
Guess who funds both of them?

And guess who suffers the most?
edit on 30-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
wiki already updated

This article is about a person who has recently died. Some information, such as that pertaining to the circumstances of the person's death and surrounding events, may change as more facts become known.

Saif al-Arab al-Gaddafi Wiki

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I don't care how you cut it, the murder of children as "collateral damage" on the off-chance that Moammar would be present is absolutely despicable. NATO deserves what they get in return for this coward's act .

See how this works? We are all fighting yet we all still have humanity and the innocence of children in mind. It's the political leaders making the calls, NATO screwed up and aimed at the wrong house. All of us are mad about that but not much is spared in War. It looks like NATO has declared war.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Im not sure if this link has been posted already. For those who are asking if this really happened. Look at some more facts. Earlier that day Gaddafi said he was ready for negotiations if NATO would stop the planes.

TRUCE OFFER

*sighs*

After the airstrike, apparently gunshots of celebration were let off. SICK!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by backinblack

We would have been told, but with the way things have been going we just seem to be riding along while Sarkozy is driving the operation.

Now we know how the UK and Australia has felt for the past 20 years, getting dragged along into various operations.

I have many political reasons for not liking Sarkozy but this one threw me for a loop! France finally steps up to the plate but how many wars will it take. Wow! The dictator has no power, lets keep it that way but aim a bit better and ONLY at the Militia. I still prefer to drop a few thousand white flags rather than brutality.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by JohnGeeTee

Oh if it wasnt for Charles Rambo you guys would be speaking German. What thanks do we get. We were the only ones not afraid of Germany and kicked their butt.

I have to point out the USSR captured Berlin and killed or captured around 10 million German troops on the Eastern front.

Had those troops not been tied up in the USSR, we would have never made it past Normandy.

It was a joint effort.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
At one point NATO and the U.S claimed they weren't even looking for a regime change. Now they are bombing a home of one of Gaddafi's son's while Gadaffi was present. This is a clear attempt at an assasination of Gaddafi which is ilegal in accordance with international law. There is no possible way to justify this attack like they did with Gadaffi's government compounds. This is a home not military infastructure.
It it important to keep in mind that.
a) Libya has the largest oil reserves in Africa
b) Libya is a relitavely closed market for foreign corporations(it is ilegal to drive SUV's)
c) Libya has a vast public infastructure which could be privatised at a proft
d) Libya offers massive subsidies on oil and food to it's population
e) Libya dosen't have a Western controled economy
f) Libya dosen't adhere to the economic policies that the U.S, the IMF and the WBO would like it to
With that in mind, if you look a previous American interventions wether militaristic, covert or economic in countries such a Guetemala, Iraq, Nicuragua, Cuba, Iran(1953) and so forth- you will be very sceptical that this mission is humanitarian of nature and very suspicous of the true intentions of this opperation.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

We don't need the old "We saved your butts in WW2" nonsense here. The US didn't win the war, didn't fight alone and certainly weren't the only ones "not afraid of Germany".

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Divide and conquer is right and the propaganda is meant to divide us here, as well. Remember divided we fall.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

So what do you think of the post I was referring to? An image of a fictional character from a movie and a comic? Human beings have died tonight. Innocents. It ok to shout "BULLSEYE" and show cartoon characters to celebrate that but not ok to criticise the post.

The last thing anyone that has anything resembling a brain would find tonight's events and that post in particular and that is funny.

Rambo and Captain America used to promote and celebrate America's involvement in this? Are you serious?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86
Im not sure if this link has been posted already. For those who are asking if this really happened. Look at some more facts. Earlier that day Gaddafi said he was ready for negotiations if NATO would stop the planes.

TRUCE OFFER

*sighs*

Ok, firstly, this is like the 10th offer of a truce from him while continuing with his offensives after the suppsoed "ceasefire". Also, while this offer was being put on the table, Government ministers were quoted as saying the rebels in Misrata had 48hrs to lay down their arms or face "full fire" from the Libyan troops.

Secondly, the gunfire was heard in Tripoli by his supporters who have since gathered outside his compound to "protest". Not sure what you're hinting at with the "sick" comment.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

How do u know they were gunshots of celebration? did they have smiley faces on them?

They could be gunshots of rage my friend

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86

TRUCE OFFER

*sighs*

Oh my God, are you serious? Gaddafi was ready for negotiations and a truce and his family is dead the same day. If true this would be against the Geneva Convention and be a severe war crime. I need to check on this further. Youre right, sick! Then to celebrate the deaths of those children..................I'm speechless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join