It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction: and a little bit more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Been a lurker, made some replies, seeking truth.

I just want to make a comment too. I was recently petting my dog, who came out of surgery three weeks ago for a torn ACL. He looks at me with the most love and respect I could ever expect from a relationship.

Then I thought about his views on consciousness. Is he conscious? In other words, does he know what the $3k I paid for that ACL tear did for him? Quickly I realized, no he doesn't. But he has the same look in his eyes whether I did it or not. He loves me. No matter what, he loves me.

Then I started to think, who would do that for me? Not just on a physical ACL tear level, but on a more spiritualistic level. Is someone taking care of me?

I have this dog, whose life I would much rather live as I cater to all of his needs. He gives me support for whatever I do, he loves me no matter what mistake I make. I make his life the best it can be. I feed him, I lay him in bed with me while I sleep. I walk behind him with a bag to pick up his crap.

I try to relate my life to a consciousness that would treat me the same way. I don't expect my dog to not eat meat on Friday. I don't ask him to bow to the Mecca everyday. I don't want him to sacrifice. Sure, he's just a dog. But he provides me with a comfort. I didn't create him, but I love him. He has a short time here on Earth, shorter than mine at least. I think he still has a spirit. It's a spirit I want to spend eternity with, I love him.

I just realized I'm going nowhere with this post, but as I lay here with tears running down my cheek and dog at my side, what the hell am I here for?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It doest matter what your anywhere for, as long as your enjoy what you do while your there. And this case, there is here. Welcome Here.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

That reply really made no sense at all. But I thank you in your incoherent ramble for trying to make some sense. Continue your quest.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mathematic

It makes perfect sense. Your last line was "...why the hell am I here?" So i replied with what I said. If it doesnt make sense to you, I understand. I am quite the philosopher and wordsmith.

Again though, welcome to the world of dark corners and secrets.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Welcome.

You probably want to check out the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What a beautiful, moving, and heartfelt post. I appreciate it. I have -zero- clue why me and everyone else -- is.
But it seems like love is the strongest most real and reliable thing there is, to "Life, The Universe, And Everything", and not, "42". Check out Dannion Brinkley, all his writings and vids. If I was so inclined to have myself a spiritual guru, it would be him.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sorry, enlightened one. I appreciate your response. I didn't realize I was playing with the wordsmith. The other wordsmith's I've came across in time have always used spell check and reason. My mistake.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm sorry I came off as harsh. This forum is getting aggressive lately and I anticipated a defensive response. I thank you for your input. Still didn't really understand it, but thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Welcome

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I just realized I'm going nowhere with this post, but as I lay here with tears running down my cheek and dog at my side, what the hell am I here for?

Welcome to ATS!

I asked myself that question too a couple of years ago with tears running all over during nighttime. I surrendered myself completely to higher powers and that is when I started to find answers. I recommend people to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below. I wish you all the best.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

I would look forward to read your posts.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Thank you for the response. I will take a look at your suggested materials. I just started My Big Toe and I'm anxious to see where that takes me.

new topics

top topics

join