It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's great escape: How the world's most wanted man made fools of elite troops who'd trappe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

I have yet to see any evidence to persuade me that the American government are actively protecting Osama Bin Laden. I personally think he is dead so they don’t have anyone to protect even if that were the case.

Also, I have read quite allot about the 2001 Battle of Tora Bora and marine recon is never mentioned are you referring to another battle?

that might explain things

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I have yet to see any real evidence he's dead. No I am not talking about Tora Bora

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

No I am done with this conversation, I have told you quite categorically that I do not believe that Al’Qa’ida are working with America directly in Libya and that any connection between the Libyan rebels and Al’Qa’ida is negligible. We have a difference of opinion accept it you chose to believe that article, I chose to use what I know about Al’Qa’ida and Libya to critique it and as such have quickly dismissed it as being exaggerated and that the connection is negligible at best.

I can’t be bothered explaining all of this because it is not the topic of this thread. just accept the difference of opinion and move on.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Where (and when) are you talking about the, Tora-Bora was the last known place that Bin Laden’s location could be confirmed and to my knowledge the only cave complex in Afghanistan used by Al’Qa’ida. Some details really would be appreciated

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverZero
I reckon our troops had the oppurtunity to capture him at that moment, but in the confusion of battle they lost sight of him and Bin Laden managed to slip away. I say we just bomb the heck out of that country and that's the end of that. (No nukes though as that's just distasteful).

I say breaking the three Laws is distasteful.

Do not willfully hurt or kill another Being
Do not willfully take or damage another Being's property
Do not willfully defraud another Being

Bombing the country is breaking the first and the second for certain, and the third there can be an argument made for. My hope is that there are few of the sort I take You to be based on this input.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why do people keep trying to resurect Bin Laden. Bin Laden was killed in the caves at Tora Bora. You want to see his body as sure proof that he is dead? Tora Bora cave system was hit by numerous bunker busting bombs and Bin Laden was buried under half a mountain. You want to see his body get a really good excavation company and in probably a few years you might get to his body. The intel services do not want him dead. Dead he's a martyr. 'Alive' he can be manipulated to any scenario. Fully understand Bin Laden is dead. No one can convince me lived after Tora Bora because before then he couldn't keep himself off videos or news films. But since then nothing, nada. Just supposed sightings or audio tapes, which with modern inteligence people can manipulate. Alive he's useful. dead is dead.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayzeed
Why do people keep trying to resurect Bin Laden. Bin Laden was killed in the caves at Tora Bora. You want to see his body as sure proof that he is dead? Tora Bora cave system was hit by numerous bunker busting bombs and Bin Laden was buried under half a mountain. You want to see his body get a really good excavation company and in probably a few years you might get to his body. The intel services do not want him dead. Dead he's a martyr. 'Alive' he can be manipulated to any scenario. Fully understand Bin Laden is dead. No one can convince me lived after Tora Bora because before then he couldn't keep himself off videos or news films. But since then nothing, nada. Just supposed sightings or audio tapes, which with modern inteligence people can manipulate. Alive he's useful. dead is dead.

That was a different Bin Laden, from the one we have today.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Pm me.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Its called first hand experience, I was 2nd Recon Bn scout sniper.

Damn dude, how long did it take you to write up 629 posts? I only ask because your credibility is now SHOT, and all of that effort has been wasted: The 2nd Recon Battalion was nowhere near Tora Bora in 2001.

Ever heard of "Stolen Valor?" You might want to get yourself a new screen name and start over - without embellishing your service, if you ever served at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I personally think he is dead so they don’t have anyone to protect even if that were the case.

well there is your answer right there: he escaped to the Deadlands
and will never be caught

and the search and the wars will go on and on and on....

didn't Bhutto claim that in an interview before her assassination.

reply to post by Amaterasu

Goldstein indeed

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey genious I never said we were at Tora Bora. Who taught you how to read? I said this was a different time.
now you made yourself look like an idiot. Quite a few people know me outside of the PC and know where I served.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Al Qaeda's Great Escape: The Military and the Media on Terror's Trail by Philip G. Smucker is a similar story and a great read, and gives more background.

From some of the posts, it begs the question if our miltary has been given the authority to conduct the war of Terror with extreme prejudice.

Tier 1 units such as the SAS and Delta Force rarely miss. Their political leaders do.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Bin Laden FOUND!

I think he was The Stig.

edit on 1-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join