It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo journalist claims NASA confirm Santa Fe UFO picture authenticity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I thought this story was interesting but we need more information.

A photo journalist in the town of Venado Santa Fe Eye he took a picture of a unidentified flying object (UFO) and then, when sent to NASA for evaluation, the agency confirmed that the image was authentic, according to the agency published Télam .

It is the journalist and photographer Gaston Garnier, 26, who last December 10 was in the amphitheater of the Piazza Italia Venado Tuerto, awaiting the start of a folk rock.

To clarify the wait, Garnier decided to try his camera and took about five pictures to the moon appearing larger and brighter on the pines in front of the Plaza.

"In December there was an eclipse and was testing how far I would get the moon in my camera, I made five pictures and I was hoping to start a rock. Until that moment I saw nothing strange in the pictures," he told the reporter and photographer working as a correspondent for the newspaper Southern Cross, the Rosary.

Garnier said that when he got home, got the pictures "and among the five who had captured with my camera featured a rare object, a kind of Greek And with bright balls hooked at their tips and perspective."

So far this story is the same as many we have heard before but the man claims when the pictures were sent to NASA for analysis the results were encouraging.

He explained that the NASA report says that "after digital analysis, we come to the conclusion that we have a genuine photo of a UFO (UFO) that, compared with several samples of our database, displays a 80.75 percent of similarity to one photographed on 13 December in Abrantes, Portugal. "

www.ufodigest.com...

Personally i think the NASA report needs to be made public before any judgement is made.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8df2a315ac78.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 30/4/11 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/4/11 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It might be an idea to embed the image posted on UFODigest.

The image itself looks very, very odd. It almost looks like a worm-shaped object which has been screwed up and twisted around (if that makes sense). I would err on the side of caution about the NASA claim as they haven't released any official statement so for all we know this person who took the image could be a hoaxer. However, the image is really impressive, I don't think I've seen anything like it before - its just a shame we couldn't have seen a video of it. Could there be a possibility that if the images are authentic NASA may cover this up and pass it onto the relevant military and secret services?

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Great thread, But does NASA mean UFO as in 'unidentified flying object'.....im not sure how they word things there. Yes they cant identify it so to them its a UFO...

If you get my meaning lol.
Hope it is one though

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Where is the original straight from the camera image and where is that NASA report? This is just the kind of stuff that makes my skin crawl. Calls himself photo journalist and does exactly the opposite of what a real photo journalist would do

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Anyone can say that they have a NASA report about anything, what he should do is publish it.

And there's something strange about that article (besides the bad translation): why does it say that the photos were taking in December 10, but latter they say that they were taken at the same time a UFO looking like this one was seen in Portugal in December 13?

If there was a three days gap they were not taken at the same time.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think that image of the UFO was pretty cool, kind of looks like someone taking a picture of a nic nak in a dark room. (Fellow brits will know what im on about). Nic Nak Crisps lol

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In this site (in Spanish) an e-mail they show the inconsistencies with this case, the photo from the supposed report and an e-mail (in English) to the NASA person that supposedly signed the report and his answer.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing this one.
According to the article, The Goddard Space Flight Center has a department which will authenticate a UFO picture, and send you back a written report on it.
I really dont think thats true.

Edit - ah yes, just read the site linked to by ArMaP, and yes, this one goes in the HOAX bin.

edit on 30-4-2011 by alfa1 because: content added

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Mmmmm .....Nic Nak's

The picture in the OP is so nondescript it could be anything , I don't see how anybody could say it's an authentic picture of anything .
edit on 30-4-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Edit - ah yes, just read the site linked to by ArMaP, and yes, this one goes in the HOAX bin.

Right, here's what's shown on the site:

Mr. Benitez:

Thank you for letting me know about this. That letter is a fraud. I didn’t write it (I don’t speak Spanish) and I’ve never seen that photograph. NASA does not validate or analyze UFO claims.

Thanks again,
Brian Dunbar

Internet Services Manager
NASA Office of Communications

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by alfa1

Right, here's what's shown on the site:

Mr. Benitez:

Thank you for letting me know about this. That letter is a fraud. I didn’t write it (I don’t speak Spanish) and I’ve never seen that photograph. NASA does not validate or analyze UFO claims.

Thanks again,
Brian Dunbar

Internet Services Manager
NASA Office of Communications

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8df2a315ac78.jpg[/atsimg]

Imagine you are standing at the vehicle's 1 o'clock low, looking up at it. I see two warp nacelles on either side, with the cockpit in the center as the vehicle is banking to the right. It looks a lot like Tom Paris's Runabout from Star Trek: Voyager.

edit on 4/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I was gonna say...

NASA doesn't analyze or examine UFO claims from anyone, for any reason. It would be a massive waste of time and resources.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It was on the news here in Argentina, and the day after it was confirmed that NASA didn't send the letter, it was a prank played on the photographer, but the guy wasn't aware of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
It was on the news here in Argentina, and the day after it was confirmed that NASA didn't send the letter, it was a prank played on the photographer, but the guy wasn't aware of it.

That's very believable. I've encountered far more gullibility [and occasional cruel pranks from associates to victimize the enthusiastic UFO fan] then actual deliberate hoaxing.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra

Thanks again, 'Cassandra'. Argentine/Brazilian UFOs have been some of my favorites since I discovered that many of the most spectacular were accidentally created by Russian space rockets! See here:

August 1992, OMNI magazine -- Russian UFO Panics Moscow, Flies to South America -- Jim describes mass UFO sightings on June 14, 1980, in the USSR and then Argentina, only an hour apart, that he investigated and concluded were caused by a rocket launching from northern Russia that later passed over South America. Many pilots reported weird in-flight encounters. Still reported as 'true UFOs' on the Internet:
www.jamesoberg.com...

More details on discovering this class of bogus-OVNIs:
Giant UFO Over Two Continents
www.debunker.com...

Jim describes a report from March 2-3, 1978, from 18-year-old Brazilian Jose Inacio Alvaro, who witnessed a ball-shaped UFO crossing the sky and later responded to telepathic messages to meet a female alien in a field for interplanetary intercourse. Hypnotic regression by UFO investigators confirmed the story. Jim suggests the UFO was a sunlit fuel dump from the booster rocket carrying the Molniya 1-39 into space, which was passing over Brazil at that time. But it's still a classic "true UFO" on the internet.
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I heard that the guy sent the photo to the real NASA now, I don't know how that's going to work out for him.
(Also, my name is spelled only with one "S"
)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The picture may be authentic in terms of something being there and not photoshopped but what it is and where this picture was taken is another story. People have taken pictures of reflections of light fixtures and called them UFOs. The object doesn't look like a space craft, it looks organic
edit on 4-5-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

new topics

top topics

join