It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significant info from a Post 9/11 vet!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ok, I guess I'll begin by saying that my girlfriend works at a local bar in my neighboring town. The bar is generally quiet and occupied by your typical biker, blue collar citizen or retired vietnam vet. I generally go have a few drinks the nights my girl works. Otherwise its not my first choice to spend my time and money. Anyway, there is a guy that is always sitting at the end of the bar, quiet, NEVER talks to people. No one seems to talk to him either. I have heard people say that he's quite unusual and socially awkward. Well, being an open minded person and a critical thinker, it made me very curious to find out what this guys deal is.
Two weeks ago I finally sat next to him and attempted to start a conversation. He was, without a doubt, not interested in making small talk. Still I continued. I assume he finally realized that I wasn't just your average 24 year old ignorant young man, he began to comment back about subjects I was making comments about. MSNBC was on the big screen so I was just talking about general issues and problems of the world. I then started to speak about the whole war in Iraq and such. That's when things got interesting. By the way this guy was probably around 37-38 years old.
He was very subtle when he spoke. He began to tell me that he was deployed to the middle east just days after 9/11. He never stated where he was or what his duties were. He told me that him and his men, three military vehicles in all, had Osama Bin Laden blocked off on a narrow desert road. Two choppers were above and they awaited orders from whomever was on the other side of the radio/dispatch. They received a loud and clear order to fall back. Now mind you, this guy stated that it was confirmed that they had Osama and his entourage surrounded. They did not ask questions, they just moved along and traveled back to wherever, he didn't say. After he told me this, I was shocked. Obviously, trying to determine in my head if this was crazy talk or some legit info. I asked him why they would be told to fall back and he said that if they captured Osama then the American people and the rest of the world would view it as a quick and justified victory. It would have diminished the need to continue fighting and searching for Osama. Its all political, its all about money he said.
We spoke about many different topics that night, including black market arms deals that he seemed to know a lot about, I asked him why he sits in the corner of the bar and stays to himself. I received an eerie, very cold reply. He said that he has always been an honest and truth bearing man and he attempted to be outspoken about how he felt regarding what he witnessed and new was going on in the middle east and else where while serving in the military. He now has nothing. They stripped him of his honor, made him out to be lunatic and oppressed his beliefs. Society now thinks of him as an AWOL soldier who couldn't handle serving his country like a "normal" soldier. Now he is an alcoholic and has litterally no friends in the town he grew up in.
My opinion, this guy is a good man who just needed to talk to someone who would listen and not call him crazy. I happened to be that person and I'm glad I was. God bless em.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
By the way, I have tried to explain what this guy told me to other people I know and all I get is " your crazy for believing some drunk guy at a bar." He wasn't drunk when I spoke to him and obviously no one gives him a chance to get to know him. I'm hoping that atleast my fellow ATS members are openminded enough to give their two cents.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you are making millions off war related services.

You never kill the "Boogie Man".

He is the biggest "Cash Cow" in the history of our,

Military Industrial Complex.

PS. Glad you talked to the man. See what else he knows.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Unfortunately what that man told you is probably true...War is big business ...they want the money. It makes me very sad.
edit on 30-4-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

With this loss of substance and exhaustion of strength, the homes of the people will be stripped bare, and three-tenths of their income will be dissipated; while government expenses for broken chariots, worn-out horses, breast-plates and helmets, bows and arrows, spears and shields, protective mantles, draught-oxen and heavy wagons, will amount to four-tenths of its total revenue.

The Art of War

There is always war for each plane: Mind, Body and Spirit.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Truth-tellers are ostracised or worse.
Deceivers are lauded and rewarded.
The old world ways lead into a new world order.
What's good is bad.
What's bad is good.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
if this story is not true, this guy certainly has done his research into the way the world works...and its not as if he concocted this false story and then sat at the same bar every day not wishing to talk to anybody, waiting for his chance to be approached so he could pounce with his lies...no, that wouldnt make any sense at all...what would make sense is that this guy was severely traumatized by something he experienced in life, so im inclined to believe the story myself (and i am an ardent skeptic of hear-say)...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, an anonymous barfly. So 9/11 has finally been cracked after nearly a decade. Look forward to the trials.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Shortly after we talked, he left. He didn't say "goodbye" or "nice talkin to ya" or anything. He seemed to be in his own world per say. As soon as he left, there were like 4 people that were bustin my balls for talkin to him and making condescending comments and shyt. It pissed me off quite a bit actually. I tried to stick up for the guy but they just laughed me off like I'm just a gullible 24 year old. I take everything with a grain of salt and met a lot of crazy and whacked out people but this guy was just different. I believe he spoke the truth and spoke of something he feels strongly about. Its just that the typical closed minded fool doesn't give him the time of day.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Wow, an anonymous barfly. So 9/11 has finally been cracked after nearly a decade. Look forward to the trials.

There is no correlation to the story this guy told me and 9/11 being cracked.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tacticz86

Lets look at this story. He is deployed somewhere in the middle east just days after 9/11. They track down and surround OBL and are ordered to back off, have I got that right?

Now, if he was in the ME just days after 9/11, why? If it was related to 9/11 then one of the primary missions would be to track down OBL and the remainder of AQ. If so, why would the very people who sent them on the mission scrub the mission just as success was at hand? If he was there for reasons other than 9/11 and just happened upon OBL, but were aware of 9/11 and the connection to OBL why would they surround him and then stand off waiting for permission from some outside source? We don't put troops out in the field without a mission and command structure. Three military vehicles and two choppers? Thats at least 20 men. And they just let them go even though they all have direct knowledge that the command purposely let OBL go? Sounds like a load of crap. Think about that on the ground - they have OBL cornered and they all sit around with their hands in their pockets until someone calls Washington and asks them what the next step should be?

And don't buy into the myth that the defense industry wants to keep these wars going because its good for business, its not. The big bucks in the defense industry is in preparing for war, not actually going to war.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tacticz86

Originally posted by Alfie1

There is no correlation to the story this guy told me and 9/11 being cracked.

Yes, I am sorry I jumped in too hard and you are posting reasonably . You were clearly impressed by this guy but you realise you are reporting hearsay from an anonymous source.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

They probably had OBL brother.

They were probably polled because that is what they ID him as.

OBL was in the eastern part of Afghanistan "viewed from Kabul" when 911 happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

The big bucks in the defense industry is in preparing for war, not actually going to war.

What world are you living in? Come back down from those clouds and join the rest of us here on Earth!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I concur, I've been dwelling on it since the convo started between him and I. I thought the same exact thing. The only thing that keeps me convinced is the fact that God only knows what reasons could be behind the fall back. Think about all the things in this world, natural or not, that can't be explained. There could be a million theories to a single enigma, so just say this guy speaks of the truth and the reason behind it hasn't even been brought to light due to a flood of more popular beliefs or speculations about 9/11. You know what I mean? I totally agree with your thoughts though. I just don't want to close the case in my mind just yet. I got some more ponderin to do.

That's a reply to hooper.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Tacticz86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

The big bucks in the defense industry is in preparing for war, not actually going to war.

What world are you living in? Come back down from those clouds and join the rest of us here on Earth!!!

Sorry, just do a little investigating. Look at Pentagon budgets. Look at the outlying expenditures. Where do you think the big profit margins are? In humvees, boots and bullets? Nope - the big money is in weapons systems, new generation aircraft, missile systems, major construction like bases and aircraft carriers and the real big money - open ended R&D. "Star Wars" development had a much better bottom line than building shower stalls in the Green Zone. And those are the kind of things that get pared back when you got boots on the ground and tough economic times back home. Besides, most the big defense industry players are pretty horizontally integrated today. They are just as comfortable, if not more comfortable, with peace and prosperity and they are with a war time economy. There are very few large influential companies that are strictly defense anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

And don't buy into the myth that the defense industry wants to keep these wars going because its good for business, its not. The big bucks in the defense industry is in preparing for war, not actually going to war.

You are wrong.

Do you think they stop preparing for war once it happens? No they have to keep replacing what is lost.

But really you miss the point. The money isn't made by the war itself, it's the business opportunities that are opened up. The clean up, the Mcburgers that move in, the government they replace the old one with that is open to allowing outside investments, turn public companies over to private entities etc.

We the people pay for the war, private contractors and individual capitalists make profit from it.

In early 2005 CIA officials told the Washington Post that at least 50 percent of its estimated $40 billion budget for that year would go to private contractors, an astonishing figure that suggests that concerns raised about outsourcing intelligence have barely registered at the policymaking levels....

The San Francisco-based construction and engineering giant received one of the largest no-bid contracts -- worth $2.4 billion -- to help coordinate and rebuild a large part of Iraq's infrastructure....

The General Accounting Office (GAO) estimates 48,000 private security and military contractors (PMCs) are stationed in Iraq....

In March, Custer Battles became the first Iraq occupation contractor to be found guilty of fraud. A jury ordered the company to pay more than $10 million in damages for 37 counts of fraud, including false billing....

Most of the big defense contractors have done well as a result of the war on terror. The five-year chart for Lockheed Martin, for instance, reveals that the company's stock has doubled in value since 2001....

Incorporated shortly after the war began, Nour has received $400 million in Iraq contracts, including an $80 million contract to provide oil pipeline security that critics say came through the assistance of Ahmed Chalabi, Iraq's No. 1 opportunist, who was influential in dragging the United States into the current quagmire with misleading assertions about WMDs....

www.alternet.org...

You're either extremely naive hooper, or a shill.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I they dont expend the ordinance, they wont get the new toys to replace em.
Gottamake room for the next gen J-DAMS etc.....So yes they need to walk the walk.......if only for show.....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You are wrong.

Do you think they stop preparing for war once it happens? No they have to keep replacing what is lost.

But really you miss the point. The money isn't made by the war itself, it's the business opportunities that are opened up. The clean up, the Mcburgers that move in, the government they replace the old one with that is open to allowing outside investments, turn public companies over to private entities etc.

We the people pay for the war, private contractors and individual capitalists make profit from it.

The issue isn't whether or not there is profit in war. There is. The issue is where the greatest profits lay. Here's a little analogy - lets say you own a department store and you have a choice between attracting one of two customers. Both customers need vacation wardrobes and accessories. The first customer knows exactly where they are going on vacation and for how long. The second customer has no idea where their vacations is going to be and its duration and must prepare for all contigencies and possibilites. If you had to attract one of the two, which would it be? Bearing in mind, of course, you stand to make a profit without regard to which one comes in your store. Thats the situation right now. We have a hot war with a known enemy in a relatively known location. That is your first priority and your second prioroty is preparing for all the other possibilites. Yes, there are "business oppurtunities" but the big players in the defense industry are not drooling over who gets to build a Starbucks in Kabul, they want to get back to designing high ticket, open ended weapon and intelligence systems.

By the way, there are no shills, no government disinfo agents, no secret cabal of CIA agents haunting conspiracy website forums in order to distract a half of handful of wannabe truth seekers.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

War is a tool to divide and conquer. You are more or less talking about the circle of people who print the money. They do not need to "make money". Keeping the war going isnt about earning cash, its about extending power. And as for the story, maybe he was legit, maybe he wasnt. But there is no doubt in my mind, if they wanted to get Bind Laden, they would have.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join