It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hits Chamber!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Anonymous Hits Chamber!

www.dailykos.com

As we speak I'm sitting on a mile high pile of data released about the US Chamber of Commerce. Thousands and thousands of docs released a few hours ago. Wanna help read through the docs and see what crazy things the Chamber is up to? There's thousands of these docs. It's a 1.2 GIGABYTE download. My computer is choking on it. Looks like a lot of docs scraped from their sites.

This evening I came across a reference to a torrent on Twitter that caught my eyeball -- A "torrent" in this case is basically a document dump. Basically. The message intrigued me not only because it mentioned secr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So now we have a document dump from Anonymous on the US Chamber of Commerce. They had some Republican and big business agendas not to long ago. This could make for some good reading if theres details in it. They have released this through a program called Treucrypt and gave the password for the files.

www.dailykos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Heres is some of the things source watch has listed about the agenda of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Republican and Big Business team work in the past few years. But there is much more im sure.

www.sourcewatch.org...

U.S. Chamber of Commerce

This article is part of the Coal Issues portal on SourceWatch, a project of CoalSwarm and the Center for Media and Democracy. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a powerful business lobbying group in the United States that "has become a fully functional part of the partisan Republican machine" since CEO and president Thomas J. Donohue took office in 1997. Prior to Donohue's tenure, the Chamber "used to be a trade association that advocated in a bipartisan manner for narrowly tailored policies to benefit its members." [1] The Chamber's 2010 budget is approximately $200 million, but as a trade organization, its donors can remain anonymous. [2]

The Chamber claims on its website that its mission is to "advance human progress through an economic, political and social system based on individual freedom, incentive, initiative, opportunity, and responsibility."[3] It describes itself as "the world's largest business federation representing more than 3 million businesses and organizations of every size, sector, and region."[4]

Despite these claims, the New York Times reported in October 2010 that half of the Chamber's $140 million in contributions in 2008 came from just 45 big-money donors, many of whom enlisted the Chamber's help to fight political and public opinion battles on their behalf (such as opposing financial or healthcare reforms, or other regulations). [2] The Chamber is "dominated by oil companies, pharmaceutical giants, automakers and other polluting industries," according to James Carter, executive director of the Green Chamber of Commerce.[5]

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Heres the link to the files.
www.filedropper.com...
Heres the program to open the files.
www.truecrypt.org...
Heres BitTorrent.
www.bittorrent.com...

www.filedropper.com...

To open the file you will also need something called TrueCrypt which you can download here.

Instructions:

1. Download TrueCrypt after you've finished loading the massive data dump to your computer.

2. Then open TrueCrypt (click the TrueCrypt icon)

3. Click Select File and locate the huge file from your local computer.

4. Select a directory in the top window...I used the Z directory

5. Click Dismount

6. Ignore the warning the system gives you about armageddon and system failure -- if it actually gives you a warning.

7. Enter the password Barrett Brown

8. Then...you'll get a choice of which file you want to open...and from there on out it's pretty much millions and millions of pdf files.

Happy reading! Bring a barf bag.

UPDATE x2

edit on 30-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
about time..i mean i have been online for several hours waiting for it all...sheez..dudes...stay on the ball...before your anonymous becomes everything but anonymous.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am somewhat taken aback by the fact that I am not angry at all about this.

I should be. From an ethical perspective; government transparency is the mandate of the government, not some hackers who are unaccountable for their actions.... (but in that they don't differ from the government itself.)

But I'm not... because we all KNOW that we are about to become privy to behind the scenes corporate, political, and let's call a spade a spade, "elite," self-serving activities which we were never intended to learn because they were meant to be shielded by the protection of government-business "official" classification.

Grit your teeth people... this will be as ugly and embarrassing as having to state "I crush 7 gram rocks...., that's how I roll."

US Chamber of Commerce; "Winning!"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I am somewhat taken aback by the fact that I am not angry at all about this.

I should be. From an ethical perspective; government transparency is the mandate of the government, not some hackers who are unaccountable for their actions.... (but in that they don't differ from the government itself.)

But I'm not... because we all KNOW that we are about to become privy to behind the scenes corporate, political, and let's call a spade a spade, "elite," self-serving activities which we were never intended to learn because they were meant to be shielded by the protection of government-business "official" classification.

Grit your teeth people... this will be as ugly and embarrassing as having to state "I crush 7 gram rocks...., that's how I roll."

US Chamber of Commerce; "Winning!"

Well said Max..sadly and yes..its simply was inevitable...but hey, you can't make an omelet without breaking a-few eggs..right ? Would the term, the means justify the cause be appropriate right about now ?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why does the Government alway keep its crimes on file? That just seems so stupid to me. We all already know that they are a bunch of criminals, but they should at least try to hide it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Why does the Government alway keep its crimes on file? That just seems so stupid to me. We all already know that they are a bunch of criminals, but they should at least try to hide it.

Why hide something, when you know you are able to monitor and use damage control methods. People are so well trained its become not an art, but a simple Step 1...do this...Step 2...do this..then press Next

Sound familiar ?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm not going to pretend I know anything about "Anonymous" or what information was released.

All I know is that the last time someone released documents without the governments permission, they ended up in prison and the US Government shrugged it off like nothing happened.

So good luck, Anonymous, I downloaded your docs and will share. I just hope you dont end up sharing a cell with Bradely Manning.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Quite a high profile target for Anonymous!
Blimey...I can't see this going without USGov retribution in some form.
More restrictive data/internet/comms bills maybe?
A fake cyber attack on a hospital or such to blame on Anon?

I seriously doubt the money men will let this one go by without punishment.

Scientology is one thing,but this is on a different level IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The United States Chamber of Commerce is not the government. Although some people might argue they are pretty close to being the government anyway. This is a kind of a trade-union for corporations. It's a huge lobby that influences American politics. They have many links to the Republicans and share many goals with them. Which corporations are funding them is not public knowledge.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Quite a high profile target for Anonymous!
Blimey...I can't see this going without USGov retribution in some form.
More restrictive data/internet/comms bills maybe?
A fake cyber attack on a hospital or such to blame on Anon?

I seriously doubt the money men will let this one go by without punishment.

Scientology is one thing,but this is on a different level IMO.

So what makes you sure that this isn't the objective.
Allow me to point something simple but overlooked. * Individuality is part of being human * or am i mistaken.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
The United States Chamber of Commerce is not the government. Although some people might argue they are pretty close to being the government anyway. This is a kind of a trade-union for corporations. It's a huge lobby that influences American politics. They have many links to the Republicans and share many goals with them. Which corporations are funding them is not public knowledge.

You more or less have answered your own question, simply allow me to make it more obvious.

This is a kind of a trade-union for corporations. It's a huge lobby that influences American politics.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

Wow,so they are even more shady than I thought.
My mistake,I thought they were a part of the Gov.
If they are not technically part of the government,maybe that should make Anonymous even more wary of repurcussions?

Someone should post a point by point list of the main gems in this info.
Theres no way man yof us could hope to DL a 1.2 gig file.
(Me at least on sub1mb net)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

This video is over a month old.....is it related?

How recent is this new "Anonymous" info?:

(From the video....www.stopthechamber.com...)
edit on 30 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

This is a release of files taken. From what I know they have never been released. The large amount of files is to much for them to go through on there own so they want the public to help.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So who called us "stupid kids who dont know a thing about hacking and computer security" ?

To explain some little things to you there is different levels in our system Some are the cannon fodders (LOIC users) they do their job pretty well And some are acting in background, to clear the way by actualy breaking inside secured servers to plant our mines (its a view of the mind) Concerning your ideal of the "white knight" (or should i say white hat ?) hacker, i think i you live in a dreamland. Yes , we are "hackers", hackivists, call whatever name you like, but the majorty of us actualy know as professionals , the network. Anyways, to all of you thinking the FBI can stop us, i only have to say : even if they stop one or 9000 of us, they cant stop all of us. PS: i personaly use a PCs for gaming, consoles are...meh.

And to quote another ATS user

I've spent time with some members and these guys were damn near clueless about computers and hacking. They didn't know much at all. They both had laptops with them. One was running Windows Vista and when I asked why he hadn't upgraded to Windows 7, he went into a mini rant about how slow 7 is and how much more secure Vista was. It took everything I had not to laugh. The other was running a Linux distro called Mint and I had a box full of Ubuntu 10.04 dvd's and went to give him one to try and he said "What's Ubuntu?". I was speechless. That's what anonymous is mostly made of. A bunch of wannabe hackers and skiddies (script kiddies) who don't really know what they're doing, along with a bunch of immature teens who whine when they don't get their way. They become members just so they can get a stupid Guy Fawkes mask and go around wearing it and bragging that they're elite hackers fighting for our freedom and rights. That they're revolutionaries like he was. They don't even realize exactly who Guy Fawkes was. The man was trying to install an evil theocracy by destroying parliament. He was exactly what they claim to fight against LMAO.

So, anything to say ?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Bwahahaha!

I cant even tell you how happy this makes me.

I know, I know, I am probably labeled a terrorist sympathizer, but oh well. I want transparency. It it takes a group of people doing it for the lulz for me to have it, so be it.

Thanks Anonymous.

edit on 30-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
For the others following the Operation, here are the orders

#
Timezones
#

#
GMT (UTC 0): 00:00 1/May
#
UK (UTC +1): 01:00 1/May
#
AUS (UTC +10): 10:00 1/May