It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1961 Congressional Record & The NWO - What The Late Congressman Larry McDonald Was Talking About

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Many of you have seen this recent thread on the late Congressman Larry McDonald in an airing of Crossfire (video at the bottom), where he openly discusses the elitist group and much more (and subsequently "died" months later). If you listen closely, he mentions "The Schlesinger Manifesto", a slang term given to an article appearing in the 1947 May-June issue of The Partisan Review. The article was written by Arthur Schlesinger, a professor and historian who later became "high in the councils" of the Kennedy Administration. This article was inserted into the U.S. Congressional Record 14 years later in 1961.

The entire article (4 pages) is a great read, but I highlighted some good areas (not all) as I know many folks are pressed for time. I think pages 2 and 4 have the most interesting material... (p.s. I got this straight from microfilm at a University so yes it's legit)..

If you're on a PC, press "ctrl +" to zoom in, I couldn't get the jpegs to appear any bigger, sorry... (another link to a pdf is at the bottom)

And here's a cut from the Crossfire clip in 1983...

...Another link to this document...

Lets discuss...

edit on 30-4-2011 by rstregooski because: link

edit on 30-4-2011 by rstregooski because: content

edit on 30-4-2011 by rstregooski because: photos

edit on 30-4-2011 by rstregooski because: contents

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The whole thing is pretty interesting. It's funny how every time someone comes forward with any kind of information linking the government to "conspiracy" (as they love to shout back at us) they soon die in a tragic "accident." Just read the highlighted part for now though. I'll have to go back and read the whole thing later.
S&F.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

you have contributed one of the best thread I have ever seen on ATS.. what a NUGGET you have there sir

I really want to get my hands on that D-bag on the left.. the slithering snakes really get mad when anyone tries to expose them don't they?

that old D-bag really was getting angry and that alone was enough to make anyone see that Mr MacDonald was right on the point.

I really think people like that old D-bag on the left needs their faces punched in

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nathanscottecho

So are you suggesting that the KAL007 incident in 1983 was all planned to silence Larry McDonald?
David Rollins wrote an interesting novel "The Zero Option" which suggests KAL007 landed and the passengers including McDonald were taken prisoner by Russia. KAL007 was a very strange event, by 1983 the cold war was over at some levels and the CIA was working with the soviets.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
reply to post by nathanscottecho

So are you suggesting that the KAL007 incident in 1983 was all planned to silence Larry McDonald?
David Rollins wrote an interesting novel "The Zero Option" which suggests KAL007 landed and the passengers including McDonald were taken prisoner by Russia. KAL007 was a very strange event, by 1983 the cold war was over at some levels and the CIA was working with the soviets.

I'm not suggesting anything.. I'm simply presenting the document in which he referred to in the interview, as my original post explains...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Thank you.. It's too bad many ATS members haven't or won't see this.. This thread is about to disappear, I think..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

To add... Yea, that guy really has the persona of a scheming swinish attitude.. After he mentions his CFR membership, he downplays everything.. And Larry McDonald really hands it to him... Good stuff..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
There is more declassified information about the older NWO elements, their methods of operation, false flag events etc. We could learn a lot reading about Jekyll island, Rockefeller and his CFR, and the Office of industrial Liaison - British UKMET.

en.wikipedia.org...

Problem is the ATS members these days are totally captivated by Donald Trumps F-bombs and the latest Wikileaks leash. Even if this thread did take off we would only get pages and pages of the KAL007 woodpile with most never seeing the forest for the trees.

Try starting a thread with the autobump "KAL007 decapitated passengers found in 1992!!!!!"

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Busy yes, but I did get to read the whole article. Thanks for that.

In trying to search it out farther, to find other takes on it, google offered nothing I could find other than two mentions. One by your post here at ATS and one on a Ron Paul discussion site where one person was asking about it other than the brief mention by MacDonald.

You used the term " slang" in referring to the title given a the Schlesinger Manifesto. This is honest in that it is indeed slang and from what I could find only a very recent labeling. I find the use of the term manifesto to be extremely inflammatory as to most people the only reference to this word in from communist manifesto.

I found the article to be balanced. Schlesinger seems to me to be plotting a course of moderation between the pit falls of extremism both right AND left.

At this point I think that no further comprehensive discussion of the article can go forward without recognizing the origins of how this piece has come to our attention so many years after it was written.

John Rousselot was a regional director for the John Birch Society.
Larry McDonald Was the second director of the John Birch Society after it's founding director.
Robert Welch Jr one of the founding members and first director of the John Birch Society who called general and president of the United States, Dwight Eisenhower, a communist tool.
John Birch Society an organization so extremely rightwing that even William F Buckley found them to be a threat to the United States.

Any way restregooski thanks again for the article. It did serve to help me straightening some of my own perspective and I do agree that it is too bad that this thread will not develop much further.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

(Slang)... I saw it somewhere referred to as "lawyer lingo"..

The John Birch Society is what it is, but have you seen this clip?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Rstregooski. Yes indeed. Twice actually

. Both my parents, my aunt and uncle as well as 90% of the adults in the neighborhood in which I grew up were veterans of world war two. They were very patriotic, proud Americans.
Now certainly, as I was a child in the 50's and a teen in the sixties, I would not assume to speak authoritatively on their politics. However the point of view with which I grew up having been influenced by this neighborhood of vets, was that Macarthy was blowing it out of his hat and then later in the sixties, the JBS were a bunch of disgruntled wannabes. So this is how I grew up.

Imagine my surprise three decades later having been an adult for a while and having come to understand that all is not as it is presented to us that I come to find that Welch had been trumpeting a number of things that I had come to think about.

I see Welch and the Birchers as idealist's. Just as I see real Marxists as idealist's. Real Marxists, not those tyrants in the USSR. Anyway , i have found that political idealist's of any stripe can have a strong tendency towards paranoia. They become so defensive of their radical position that they fail to re-evaluate their understanding of the world and continue to act upon old and outmoded beliefs.

The question of the Birchers, like all aspects of conspiracy is a complicated issue. I especially like the theory that Welch was freed up to pursue his political agenda because Rockefeller bought his candy company for boo coo bucks and basically set him up as a ,what do we call it, a sock puppet, a disinfo agent, a false flager?

Do I know this to be true? Fno. However, after my own evaluation of history , I place him almost where my parents did.

new topics

top topics

join