It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strangest thing just happened...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Take this for what you will, I have no proof.

I just saw a small spinning disc over Gloucester(UK). It couldn't have been much bigger than a dustbin (trashcan) lid. It was totally silent. It was very shiny and metalic on one side and very dark and dull on the other. It didn't fly through the air, it spun. It wasn't very far away, maybe 100 metre's max. I saw it spin/fly about 200 meters, then it was as if it noticed me watching, and it stopped dead mid air and was just sitting there spinning.

At this point, I decided it would be the best time to go get my video cam (I hoped it would still be there when I got back). I got the cam out, ran back to the front of my house, and it was still there. Result!

I turned on the cam and all I got on my video cam screen was a static like electricity effect. Nothing functioned. I turned it off then back on, same thing again. Nothing worked.

I thought my cam was faulty, so I grabbed my phone out. I started videoing it with my phone. Not the greatest picture but atleast it was something I thought! Just went to watch the video back, and all I have is a still picture with really bad aliasing around the edges of things. No rolling film, nothing. I know it was rolling too.

All I can say is "WTF!?"

EDIT: Just checked out my video cam and phone, all is working how it should be. Double "WTF!?" is in order I think!
edit on 30-4-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: EDIT

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Probably ET's playing a joke on you, sitting up there like 'yo watch this that guy down there is gonna try to record this and show it on ATS but imma switch the technology disruptor on just to screw with the poor guy' so you're all like dammit my stuffs not working and they're sitting up there like 'LOL he's gonna be so annoyed he cant show anyone this now haha'

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

Haha, I am pretty annoyed to be honest. If there was anything piloting it, it would have to be pretty tiny to get in it. There were no protholes or anything like that on it that I could see. It just looked liked a perfectly round disc, shiny metalic on one side, dull on the other.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It could be like them tiny smart car but the ufo version, thing so small there is like no room to move haha, like the clown cars haha 10 aliens in there stacked on top of each other haha. Could explain the dull side too, cheap version with non shiny metallic paint
. Would be so annoying though seeing something then like 'dammit stupid phone and camera no one is gonna believe this crap happened'

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Maybe one of these?

French Reveal Plans for Taser Flying Saucer
www.wired.com...

Several other small saucers around for weapons and surveillance these days

And the Coanda effect RC models too

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
@ Zorgon. No, it def wasn't one of these things. What I saw was very sleak, it didn't hover, it spun. When it was moving it looked liked it was tumbling (near enough end over end). When it was stationary it was spinning like a coin if one were to spin one on a table top, but really slow motion.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It seems like a very odd siting, especially since what you seen wasn't how a typical 'UFO' would behave. I wonder why whatever you saw was spinning, perhaps it malfunctioned? The only object I could possibly think you saw was a small remote-controlled aircraft like one of them children's helicopter things. As I say, its a possibility but it probably wasn't if the object you seen had a saucer shape to it. I had a experience similar to yours last week, I created a thread about it so check my profile out. Basically after I recorded what I saw I couldn't view the video on my mobile. However, when I recored footage of a helicopter the footage came out perfectly fine but that first video would just not play - even on my computer.
edit on 30-4-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Hey that's where I live!

Where abouts did you see this man it's a shame about the cams. I think you should post the pic anyway who cares if its poor quality if you post it I'll run it through some filters and stuff.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Cool, please post the pic. Straight from the phone, don't let it go through any kind of photo software.
edit on 30-4-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

Tuffley mate. Know Beaufort school?

@Crisp absolutely nothing to see on the pic mate, no point bothering sorry.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

So which particular still of mine from the Pgh football game matched what you saw? I would love to know.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Honestly, I have no idea what it looked like still. It was spinning all the time, but your vid is exactly what I saw. So exact infact that it's kinda eerie! Size, shape, colour, the way they moved, eveything matches.

I have been looking and looking for vids or pictures of what I had seen, but I came up with nothing, until I stumbled on your thread. The way they moved, everything was the same! Only thing I didn't see on your vids was when they were stationary, because when I spotted this thing, it span more slowly when it was stationary in the sky.

I'm following your thread with great interest now, to see if more people have witnessed the same thing. I'm just glad I posted this thread when I did, so that it can't be taken for BS. If you look at my posts, you'll also see that i'm somewhat of a skeptic (with an open mind, as I have seen a couple of things in the past that can't be explained), and don't jump on the hysteria bandwagon. I try to think rationally, and I am 100% genuine about what I saw that day. I just wish I could have got it on film!

Btw, I live in a built up area that would make it impossible to be a kite, with telephone wires and trees everywhere. It "flew" over several streets of houses also.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thanx for the explanation. Maybe you will luck out, and they will come back? Your "organic" comment in my football game post got me thinking. Maybe we have a bunch or organic creatures flying around the universe. And making pit stops on earth.
Now wouldn't that be something? Our idea of what UFO's would look like could be entirely wrong! What if life also originated in open space? Maybe they don't need craft? Since life does have a tendency to adapt to where it lives. And we would not see them often since the universe is soo massive.
edit on 7-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join