It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Collapse Explained in 3 Minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A video posted back in 2010. This is both hilarious and frightening.

Watch the vid, have a laugh and then stop and think about it. A five-year old could watch this and say "that ain't right!".

The entire world economy strikes me as one big Ponzi Scheme and little more.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...time's running out it seems. When does the house of cards collapse and what will be the aftermath?

What do you folks think? Any answers?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Correct!!

Lol this video is hilarious, but scary... and definantly brings up some good questions... How do broke economys bail out other broke economys? Whats that famous quote... oh yes, The love of money is the root of all evil.... Evil I tell ya

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That's where us the schmucks come in. We work tirelessly so the pigs can slobber in their filthy mansions.
Then after they take our money, they expect us to suffer without basic needs like hospitals, firefighters, ambulances, etc.
It's all a con, beginning with Congress, the opposite of Progress.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A ponzi scheme needs a constant stream of new investors to pay the previous investors. All the investors are promised a positive return on investment. Eventually it fails when there is a lack of new investors to pay the previous investors. When the previous investors realize the positive returns they are getting are not do to what they invested in but instead from the newest investors investment it all falls apart.

What is going on here is not really a ponzi scheme as there is no positive return on investment. Best case senario is the money used for the bailout gets repaid sooner or later. It is basically just a loan. The problem is the ones giving the loans have to get a loan to make the loan. Sooner or later there is no one left with money to make new loans.

edit on 29-4-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

If not a ponzi scheme it is a case of 'robbing peter to pay paul'.

"Robbing Peter to pay Paul": When debts are due and the money to pay them is lacking, whether because of bad luck or deliberate theft, debtors often make their payments by borrowing or stealing from other investors they have. It does not follow that this is a Ponzi scheme, because from the basic facts set out there is no indication that the lenders were promised unrealistically high rates of return via claims of unusual financial investments. Nor (from these basic facts) is there any indication that the borrower (banker) is progressively increasing the amount of borrowing ("investing") to cover payments to initial investors.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by creatednotEvolved

From a semantics point of view, you are technically and wholly correct. jaydeePNW may have nailed it on the head better stating "robbing peter to pay paul".

However, let's do some substituting to the technical definition of Ponzi Scheme...

A ponzi scheme needs a constant stream of new investors to pay the previous investors.

Let's substitute the words "new debt" in lieu of "new investors".

All the investors are promised a positive return on investment.

Perhaps power and control represents the return on investment?

What is going on here is not really a ponzi scheme as there is no positive return on investment.

To these S.O.B.'s power and control will win out over any currency any day of the week.

It is basically just a loan.

A loan that seemingly can NEVER be paid back as the video states.

So what is the motivation? What is the goal?

There is a game being played. I am too naive, too trusting to try to figure out the rules. I guess that's where you, me and the rest of the "little people" lose out.

When being taught about the Great Depression, I asked a teacher "did everyone lose everything?".

He laughed and said, "No, there were lots of people who mopped up!".

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Well, the subject of the video is robbing peter to pay paul, but the worlds economy is indeed a giant ponzi scheme.

Thats why we keep moving for more labor via trying to increase birth rates, then importing it via immigration, then giving up on that and moving industry to the most populated countries on the planet. From small nations, to trade unions comprised of many nations, to the one world government.

The keep needing to expand at the base (pull in more low level people) to keep the whole system afloat, and..........its not really working anymore. Ponzi schemes are all the same in that they eventually collapse when the influx at the bottom isnt enough to disguise the fact that there is really nothing viable going on.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I agree the EU is hanging on by a thread, and so is the US and China but the theory of "robbing peter to pay paul". doesnt work well when both Peter and Paul are broke and are borrowing more from the printing press.

There is a whole new game being created behind the scenes to fix this problem and non of us will like it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Hessling

I agree the EU is hanging on by a thread, and so is the US and China but the theory of "robbing peter to pay paul". doesnt work well when both Peter and Paul are broke and are borrowing more from the printing press.

There is a whole new game being created behind the scenes to fix this problem and non of us will like it.

I agree with you. They know it is going to come crashing down and they have a backup plan already. They will sell it to us as very good but once we are in it, we will realize the mistake we have allowed.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm probably showing my lack of knowledge on the global economy here, but why can't nations just cancel their debt out?

What I mean, if I owe someone named John 100 bucks, and he owes someone named Bill 100 bucks, and bill owes me 100 bucks, can't all three of us just call it even?

Obviously the debt of nations isn't equal like my example, but couldn't you just cancel the debt against what is owed to you, to at least lower the amount of overall debt?

I'm sure I'm missing something here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hey I'm from Australia and these guys from Australia use comedy to get their message across. Seems true which is what makes it all so laughable if it wasn't so tragic to the plebe who has to bear the brunt of the stupidity called sovereign debt.
edit on 12-5-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join