It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovered: An UNLIMITED Obamacare Slush Fund

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well if you dont like Obamacare here is another reason for you to have just a little more hate...Republicans have found a little hidden part of Section 1311(a) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), an UNLIMITED Obamacare implementation slush fund. Thanks Obama you're the ##SNIPPED##.

So much for tansparency

edit on 29-4-2011 by logicalthinking because: cuz i like puppies

edit on Thu Apr 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Looks like a lot more payoffs are going to occur if this section doesn't get shut down.

Will it be CNN, MSNBC, or another outfit receiving taxpayer money this time?

They're all pigs!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
unlimited funds to medicare and medicaid for 4 years.

UNLIMITED FUNDS

and no need to goto congress all that power outside of congressional pervue.

and people most of medicaid funds goto illegals for your information.

this country is so screwed we are doomed.

the left continues to play god with the american people its ridiculous.

and this is the change that you believed in.

the all knowing all powerful government who spends your money without a thought of where it comes from

i have had enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Don't worry, Obama can do anything he wants under the "general welfare" clause. If Obamacare is legal because it helps out the general welfare, then I suppose Obama could do anything up to and including killing your first born son and it would be constitutional under the general welfare clause. Obama would just tell you reducing the overpopulation problem is good for the general welfare, and so its constitutional.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Obama, Clinton, Napaltono, his entire staff and Czars, should all be tried for treason!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Doesn't Obama have a Harvard Degree in Law, contitutional law? Yes!
Does the Contitution say Congress has power over the purse-strings? Yes!
Did Obama surrender his license to practive law in October 2008 one month before the election? Yes
You mean he was Dis-barred from the legal profession forever? Yes and wifey too!!
Thank God for someone finding this in time and will the resolution to shut it off.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Doesn't Obama have a Harvard Degree in Law, contitutional law? Yes!
Does the Contitution say Congress has power over the purse-strings? Yes!
Did Obama surrender his license to practive law in October 2008 one month before the election? Yes
You mean he was Dis-barred from the legal profession forever? Yes and wifey too!!
Thank God for someone finding this in time and will the resolution to shut it off.

"He has a Law Degree from Harvard. He's been very successful and achieved a bunch throughout his life. Are you saying that he isn't qualified for the job? I'm pretty sure that there is no person more perfect for the job than this."

This is the kind of rhetoric we get when it comes to education. That the above somehow means that a person is morally humane and trustworthy to mankind. This type of merit makes you a better person and somehow defines your morality.

edit on 29-4-2011 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Your source is Freedom Works? Can you possibly find a more biased (news) outlet? I'll see if I can find some verification to your story before I cast judgment.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just got an email with 7 links to what must be the same story in more detail. This is an 8.3 billion slush fund that "works" by using a loophole:

Obama can temporarily prop up Medicare Advantage long enough to get re-elected by exploiting an obscure bit of federal law. Under a 1967 statute, the HHS secretary can spend money without specific approval by Congress on “experiments” directly aimed at “increasing the efficiency and economy of health services.”

and

A Government Accounting Office report released this morning shows, quite starkly, that there simply is no experiment being conducted, just money being spent. Understandably, the GAO recommends that HHS cancel the project.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

This is outright fraud.

People if you don't demand your Congressmen and Senators to blow this out of the water our healthcare is going to Boot Hill Cemetery. What really should be happening is legislators need to be informing their constituents about this.

Enter the Medicare Advantage Quality Bonus Payment Demonstration program, an $8.3 billion slush fund created by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Ostensibly, this fund was designed to test how best to structure bonus incentives for insurers who provided better care. Instead, it is patching up politically damaging Medicare cuts. It will alleviate 71 percent of the Medicare Advantage cuts in 2012, and then the percentage plummets in the two years after the election to 32 percent and then 16 percent.

In its report yesterday, GAO concluded that "[t]he design of the demonstration precludes a credible evaluation of its effectiveness in achieving CMS's stated research goal." According to the GAO, the $8 billion bonus program "dwarfs all other Medicare demonstrations -- both mandatory and discretionary -- conducted since 1995." Asked by the GAO to identify exactly where they got this $8 billion from, the Obama administration failed to name any specific offsets and said the spending should be considered "in the context of other administrative actions in the Medicare program."
(My bold)
washingtonexaminer.com...

If he’s not stopped, Obama will spend $8 billion in taxpayer funds for a scheme to mask the debilitating effects on seniors of his signature piece of legislation just long enough to get himself re-elected.

investmentwatchblog.com...

This is really scary. It makes you wonder why he doesn't care about the State of the Union if he does get a second term. What is he going to be doing when the SHTF? Man, if I don't smell a hidden NWO agenda brewing I might as well be playing with dolls.

Postponing the pain: The administration is temporarily restoring funds to Medicare Advantage so seniors don’t lose coverage before the election.

cpgsolutions.wordpress.com...
The only thing being postponed is the truth so he can get re-elected.

One thing I have learned is that about the only time you hear the truth about what the Obama Administration is up to is when we get a GAO report. I really doubt the big media players are going to tell J.Q. Public about this fiasco.

Anybody going to disagree with me when I say our President is a crook? This is sneaky and fraudulent and must be investigated and stopped. If he gets a second term it won't be pretty. It is time for accountability or jail. This is more evil than I care to deal with on a regular basis. God help us all!

more sources:
Obama's $8.3 Slush Fund to Save His Re-Election from Obamacare
news.yahoo.com...

Obama’s Medicare Slush Fund Makes ObamaCare Before Election
patriotupdate.com...

Forbes - The Obama Campaign's $8 Billion Taxpayer-Funded Medicare Slush Fund
www.forbes.com...

edit on 4/26/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am certainly no Obama supporter, nor of Obamadoesn'tcare, but this jumped out at me:

(1) PLANNING AND ESTABLISHMENT GRANTS.—There shall be appropriated to the Secretary, out of any moneys in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, an amount necessary to enable the Secretary to make awards, not later than 1 year after enactment of this Act, to States in amounts specified in paragraph (2) for the uses described in paragraph (3).

Emphasis mine.

How much money isn't appropriate in the Treasury? I can't imagine it's a huge amount. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think it's as dire as it's made out to be.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

join