It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second dead gray whale found in Puget Sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1a18f638426.jpg[/atsimg]

A second gray whale has been found dead in Puget Sound. KIRO-TV reports the carcass washed up Monday on a beach near Blaine.

A whale expert says it's a little unusual to have two dead gray whales in Puget Sound at the same time.

John Calambokidis of Cascadia Research in Olympia planned to take part in Tuesday's necropsy on the whale that washed ashore Monday near Blaine.

Another dead gray whale was found floating Sunday near Camano Island. Howard Garret of the Orca Network on Whidbey Island says an attempt to tow it to a beach for a necropsy was unsuccessful. He says it drifted across the south end of Whidbey Island Monday night, and the network is still hoping to locate it again for testing.

Wow, a second whale!! Could this possibly be a precursor of an upcoming earthquake? Or, a consequence of the amount of radiation that has leaked into the ocean because of the nuclear nightmare in Japan?

When whales start washing up anywhere in the world we should start to pay attention.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hope it's not a warning of any kind cause Blaine, Washington is a 20 minute drive from my home

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just two is too early to tell. Greenpeace will commence testing the waters around Fukushima from their Rainbow warrior ship soon, might be interesting. I'm particularly interested in how smaller things like (phyto)plankton are affected, as they produce a lot of the world's oxygen.
edit on 29/4/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow...this is disturbing.

Ofcourse it isn't too unusuall to have some deaths, because they are animals and they die. It is natural. However, to have two of them whithin days of each other, in the sound like that.....well, disturbing.

If its environmental, we should be seeing others signs. I believe they feed mainly on plankton?

It seems to me that it were to do with earthquakes it would be more of a beaching issue (sonar messed up) or there would be mass die offs if methane were to blame (undersea ruptures)

It's just too early to tell. Hopefully there won't be any more of these incredible creatures dying anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think you guys are trying to connect dots that aren't there! Quit trying to scare people!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Asking questions shouldn't scare, it should inform. Understanding kills fear, as the only things that we fear are things we do not understand.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Death could be linked to natural causes as opposed to just the omg of Fukushima radiation, HAARP, polar shift, gulf oil spill, or any other conspiracy theories.

Has anyone thought about whale age or other ailments these whales may experience (ie. heart disease)?

I would also look into possible global warming, or perhaps even if the whales starved to death. Moreover, are these whales common in the area?

I'm no marine or biologist expert, but we need to gather all relevant facts (with the use of empirical studies and data) before we start connecting dots to conspiracy theories...just sayin

S&F for the OP
edit on 29-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
At twenty-seven foot that's just a young one. Possibly has a head injury-the red coloring near it's mouth, or even a combination of a boating injury and let's say pollution weakening the immune system.

new topics

top topics

join