It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Stop Hating on Canadians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Made you look!

I'm kidding ATSers. I embrace ATS as an international forum where some policies and traditions are enjoyed across borders while others are "trolled" against. Part of what makes ATS such an excellent site is because we have people from all walks of life, from all regions of the world with all different perspectives that help us to see the diverse sides of controversial and provocative topics.

The borders that separate us are imaginary lines drawn on pieces of papers that become blurred in times of joy and horror as we have all seen. One only has to look back in recent two months of ATS with all that has happened in Japan and can see that while we all come from different nations, at that time, we were united as people of the world concerned over our fellow humans like they were our own family.

I admit at times I have the "us versus them" mentality but I work hard to break that. It is a difficult bias that we are all guilty of.

So in cheesy movie fashion... ATS, can't we all just get along?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i agree. ats has alot of different people here and everybodys views on a subject are diferent. it helps give people new perspectives on a subject they might not have thought of.. and yes you got me..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There are many out there that love Canada....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I can't remember a post outlining any disdain for Canadians...cept they drink all muh darn syrup got dang sap suckers

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

Plus we are a bunch of iceholes.
Canadians get a kick out of Colbert.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

Yeop.the best darn Sap suckers are from right here in Quebec where the best darn maple syrup is made....LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Mmm, I'm hopefully going to Gatineau at the end of May. It is $10 for a little jar of it in BC... are the prices better in Quebec?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

Mmm, I'm hopefully going to Gatineau at the end of May. It is $10 for a little jar of it in BC... are the prices better in Quebec?

Holly crud, I live in Gatineau...LOL. let me know when you are in town...We'll go for a beer at the Pigale !!!!
Prices run about $8.00 a can. Cheapest place to get grade 1 syrup in Gatineau is at Costco right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I agree my friend I agree

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We make the best beer too...

Problem is they're so yummy people tend to drink to much

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well hopefully I will get to be one of the many college/university students invading your part of the country for our conference.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
SCREW CANADA!!! The last time I tried to cross its border I was damn near arrested and was treated like a terrorist. I guess I had earned the right to be on Canadas no entry list and didnt know it. They dont seem to like known anarchists for some reason. I dont have anything agaist Canadians I just think they should overthrow their piss ant government and sign up with the USA. Hell China would make a fortune making our new flags for us.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantazero
SCREW CANADA!!! The last time I tried to cross its border I was damn near arrested and was treated like a terrorist. I guess I had earned the right to be on Canadas no entry list and didnt know it. They dont seem to like known anarchists for some reason. I dont have anything agaist Canadians I just think they should overthrow their piss ant government and sign up with the USA. Hell China would make a fortune making our new flags for us.

Heres a better idea, why don't you guys sign up with us instead, then you can get rid of your guns and unlock your doors.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Canadia?

You mean America without guns and with a better health care system?

That Canadia?

Ain't no hating. I grew up going to Windsor since their drinking age was 19 (and if you looked old enough at 17/18 they didn't card)

I love Canadia.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Canadia?

You mean America without guns and with a better health care system?

That Canadia?

Ain't no hating. I grew up going to Windsor since their drinking age was 19 (and if you looked old enough at 17/18 they didn't card)

I love Canadia.

ain no I in Canada bro...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I had the privilege of launching a Canadian division of a US based company some years ago. During the process we were tasked with initiating an inter-company bulletin board so employees of this service based business could communicate with and support each other. When I told the US leadership that we needed to launch a separate board for the Canadian operations they asked me why and I told them that if we made it cross border, it would immediately devolve into a bunch of negative 'country bashing', mostly from the US side (I am American by the way). They disagreed and mandated that we just allow Canadians to access the US board.

I'm sure by now you can guess what happened....it took about 2 hours for the US participants to start dropping in video clips of "blame Canada' from South Park, asking how we liked living in igloos, eating polar bears, etc. and it just escalated from there.

I got the pleasure of showing the comments on the site to the US EVP the next day and the satisfaction of a solid 'told you so'.

We then quickly launched a Canadian-only portal as I originally suggested.

I'm not saying that only the Americans were being naughty and derisive but it was clearly started by them.

edit on 29-4-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ain't no T in your ain't either. I know, I was just being silly (in fact, my whole response was intended to just be silly.)
edit on 29-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by Akragon

Ain't no T in your ain't either. I know, I was just being silly (in fact, my whole response was intended to just be silly.)
edit on 29-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

haha same actually

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Holy Lick !! I almost choked on a Timbit!

OH CANADA EH !!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff9d83ebb587.gif[/atsimg]

Keep yer sticks on da hice, byes.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: no reason given again!

edit on 29-4-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: because I AM CANADIAN , dammit!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Could'nt agree to that, you folks have a queen on your money. As far as my door it is unlocked and so is my van door. My guns are also unlocked! Hey you folks own guns dont you? Dont tell me you hunt moose with clubs like do baby fur seals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join