It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugly People Make The Best Music!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Look at the state of the music in the charts nowadays. Utter rubbish.
Wait, aren't I forgetting something?... OH YA. AT LEAST ITS SEXY.

Yeah its sexy... but it has no message or real talent. There is some good electronic music for what it is, also some alright hip hop and grime but apart from that there is next to no good band music nowadays. And theres NOTHING good in the charts.

All the good music died when ugly real people stopped being able to make it.

SORT IT OUT. Give some fat people and deformed people a chance. HECK, even let some wreckheads make it if you think the public can handle it...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

In that case, Little Wayne will be the next mozart. I'll be keeping my ears open.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Not quite true. The "not beautiful" crowd still make music, its just that the mainstream media have no interest in showing it to anyone because, as you say, its not sexy.

We wanna make a list here?
I'll start with Tom Waits.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
theirs a lot of really good music being made right now. just got look it harder. the days of going down to local music store and chating about the new bands is sort over or dead. look at the british music scene or austrian music they have some really cool new music coming out

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by TechUnique

Not quite true. The "not beautiful" crowd still make music, its just that the mainstream media have no interest in showing it to anyone because, as you say, its not sexy.

We wanna make a list here?
I'll start with Tom Waits.

Obviously the music is still being made it just isn't in the charts. Thats what I also meant when I said that it died.

The music in the main public eye AKA 'Music' died when ugly people stopped being able to make it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by adam76

I make some of the kind of cool music coming out of the UK

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes we do!

My ugly butt on stage is a site to see. But I still get a few groupies now and then.

I can live with that!

lol

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Hahahahaha Haven't had a laugh like that in quiet some time...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bff2d6c8c164.jpg[/atsimg]

Artists that make music for the love of it and not the money make the best!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I beg to differ, Gwen Stefani, for example.. Beautiful beyond a doubt, Extremely talented.. Amazing voice.. Hit's Every High note.. and at the same time remained unigue and "different" while still being incredibly famous,

Lil wayne, Terrible rapper/singer (whatever the hell he is), No talent to speak of what so ever.. Terrible ear piercing voice, like gwen Unigue and "different" .. But still he is extremely famous..

You see the difference, The music industry follows trends and markets towards "what's hot" at the time.. If i were to judge this generation based on music alone.. Let's just say i would not think very highly of them..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
OP, I applaud your support for deformed people.
2nd.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah, where the hell did Rob Zombie go, anyway?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yup!

Just look at Steely Dan or Freddie Mercury.

You'd be surprised how much ugly people have to offer. They had to work their tails off to get to where they were, instead fame being handed to them to make a profit like it is nowadays.

Yes, there are many exceptions in todays music. But you gotta wonder, would they be in the place they were in if they looked like the kid from "Mask"?

top topics

join