It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Wedding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Can't believe there's not a topic on this yet? How often do we get to witness history in the making? I may feel a bit more connection with my ancestry being from Wales, but still it's nice to be able to look back and remember, yeah, I saw that as it happened. The wedding of the future King and Queen of England.

I still remember watching Di and Charles when they wed, and of course, as we all saw the two Princes grow up into men.

How many were able to see it? (I know it was happening about 5am our time (here in the States)), but DVRs help...

Sometimes, I'm just a romantic at heart.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think there are more important things to worry about then the weeding of another mortal.

for instance
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i see this wedding as a huge distraction to whats really going on in the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Weddings of my friends and families are more important to me than seeing two people that I've never met get married, most likely not for love but for politics. Personally, I do not respect the throne (it has been a source of repression forever) and feel that if they shared just a tiny portion of their wealth with the world, it would be a much better place. The amount of money spent on this wedding makes me sick ... I feel like I have to ignore it or I will been overwhelmed with anger and frustration.

There are many more worthy topics for discussion on ATS... mainstream media is the place for a Royal Wedding (unless of course we are talking about shape-shifting reptilian overlords replacing the bride)

... I don't mean to rain on your parade (you obviously get something positive out of it and I cannot argue that), but that's my two cents.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah I remember watching Charles and Diana getting married and see what a farce that turned out to be.

She was used to produce two decent healthy heirs, then cast aside. Eventually culminating in her death.

Here's hoping that Katherine doesn't suffer a similar fate
edit on 29/4/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think there are more important things to worry about then the weeding of another mortal.

Sure, exactly...but this thread is in the "People" section, a frivolous forum about famous people, not important, etc., so not trying to make it seem any more important than major issues....
(i.e. lighten up...geez...)

That said though, already a lot of discussion about it on the Current Events forum....

new topics

top topics

join