It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama going "under the radar" on gun control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is certainly getting complicated and I was unaware of Obama's apparent secret agenda on gun control until a friend emailed me this unassuming article. Granted, Obama is certainly on the watch list with regards to his policies and position on the Second Amendment.

That being said, we now have a statement from our POTUS that was directed to Jim and Sarah Brady on the 30th anniversary of the Shooting of Ronald Reagan and Jim Brady.

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

Obama''s words according to Sarah Brady

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

"Under the Radar" and perhaps under the veil of a couple of very large distractions that are currently facing the nation. Obama has got to work fast to advance the agenda before his time is up in the White House.

www.washingtonpost.com...

More "transparency" from the White House??

Obama's apparent statement has certainly gone unnoticed in the main media outlets. I did some searching after reading my email and came across several forum discussions on the topic. Fortunately, the folks at WND have published an article on the subject that will hopefully get this story to the forefront where it belongs. I would love to hear comments from Jay Carney at the next WH presser.

www.wnd.com...

Keep your eyes open and the blinders off. There is a lot going on right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This isn't exactly under the radar.

He apointed one of the most infamous anti-gun advocates to head the ATF.

His state department blocked the reimportation of thousands of WWII surplus arms that are legal to own in America.

The ATF has been forcing gun stores to sell to gun trafficers.

Eric Holder mentioned during their first year that gun control was a major issue they would tackle.

The list could go on and on.

An outright ban on guns is not possible given recent Supreme Court rulings. However, heavy taxation and regulation can be used to achieve virtually the same result. All Americans should be watching out for Obama's version of "common sense" gun control.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I always keep a sharp eye out. NOTHING is more important to me than gun rights. Our gun rights are the very last resort that we have against tyranny. It is our only REAL "Hope and Change" that we can muster. A gun is the means to defeat tyranny before it is too late. Thanks for posting this article OP it means a lot to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Actually, from my point of view, this is pretty much the last thing left to take away. Every other right we have has in one form or another been taken away or extremely limited. Tackling the second amendment is and will be by far the most difficult. Once they get our gun rights on the equivalent level as our other rights that have severely limited it is just a matter of time before the nooses are completely tightened and stripped away. The second amendment is the only one left that is effectively keeping what little rights we have left. This could get very ugly for America and I do not like thinking of the dire consequences that could arise.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't know what exactly is "under the radar" with him and his administration.

Maybe denying the ATF scandal? Maybe lying outright about "respecting" the 2nd?

If it weren't for the public and the fact that most of the D's remember what a debacle the AWB was the Obama admin would have run full force stripping our rights from day one.

Personally I think they were and still are surprised by the large amount of resistance they get regarding this.

I hope "under the radar" meant the ATF smuggling scam. That would mean his game is already exposed and done with.

I want to know what sort of tyrant runs for office expecting to strip rights and what sort of "little eichmans" vote for that tyrant?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join