It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's watching the Royal Wedding? LIVE UPDATE *Cheers*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo wonderful pictures. I woke up to watch the wedding. I thought it was a lovely service and very sweet how they kept glancing at each other.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

I thought it was a lovely service and very sweet how they kept glancing at each other.

I have to admit, as I grabbed screen shot after screen shot I'd just miss that 'look' you're speaking of. The closest I got to it was when they were listening to mass and she said something, he started to blush and kind of give that smile.

I'm almost glad I never 'caught it' - it was just something so personal and touching between the two. That spark of hope, love, the inner 'giggle' of them both thinking 'Wow, what a fuss this is' - and the rest of the thoughts that you and I will never know - or could even imagine - and only those two - rightly - will share.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Like you, it isn't their 'status' that 'gets' me - it's their courage to do it all in front of the world, and actually, their willingness to share their 'most private moment's with their country/world. I think there's something to be said for that...Then again - did they have a choice? Who knows - but my guess? Being 'royal' taint all it's cracked up to be.

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thanks for the 'replay' links.

I posted photos as the 'big' event unfolded for two reasons.

One, for the people who might have wanted to watch 'live' but were unable to (here at least they could see pictures)...

And two... Like every journalist I wanted to make sure I was there, more, that 'ATS' was there, spot on, just in case a 'grassy knoll' moment happened.

Am I proud of that? No.
Is it realty? Yes.
Am I glad no 'horrific memorable moment' took place?
YOU BET!

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Its wise of them, however, to put on spectacles of this nature, that appeal to human emotion and particularly to the female obsession with weddings. It gives people the impression that they are "part of the family" and all the warm gushy feelings cause people to forget the things the family has done to the people not only of England, Scotland and Ireland, but around the world.

And obviously I dont hold it against William personally. He seems like a very nice young man. But that doesnt mean I would not advocate the dissolution of the monarchy.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Im not sure Id call it "courage" these events are how they earn their keep as professional parasites.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

And obviously I dont hold it against William personally. He seems like a very nice young man. But that doesnt mean I would not advocate the dissolution of the monarchy.

Exactly - a bit tough to separate the two but it seems that you and I at least can do so.

As for the 'courage' part? Well, 'paid parasites' or not - in my opinion it would still take courage to go through 'all that' knowing the world was watching, but I think you get my drift.

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Is this the music you were referring to:-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Why do you care about watching a wedding of people you don't know?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthFreedomNow

I think the groom just wanted to wait until she was at his side to steel his look at her. When he did, he said to her "you are beautiful"......you could read his lips.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
s&f
the wedding was beautiful, i loved every bit of it.
I dont watch tv at all but i tell you all honestly the Royal Wedding is the first thing i have wanted to watch on tv for abour 3-4 years now! finally something happy and nice for once. Its nice to see something positive in all ways on TV.
God Bless to HRH Prince William and Catherine Middleton.
I got to see alot of the famous buildings in London for the first time too. Westminster Abbey looks fantastic! wow. Also Buckingham Palace with all those armoured cavalry and red coats in symmetry. This is beauty that you only see once in a generation. The whole thing was beautiful.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

Every King & Queen of England has been married at Westminster Abbey since the year 1066. Apart from one. Charles and Diana married at St Paul's Cathedral.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Silo,
The pics are wonderful
I'm on the west coast of the U.S., I'm always up early.
I did watch...I too think its nice to have such a beautiful moment in such a world gone mad.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by Detrucci

Every King & Queen of England has been married at Westminster Abbey since the year 1066. Apart from one. Charles and Diana married at St Paul's Cathedral.

its very good heritage
i had never seen it before, i didnt actually get to see Charles and Diana wedding either as i was born in 1988

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dear silo13

It is of wonderful amazement to me just what rubbish people will watch.

However now that it is over I will patently wait for the divorce then we can see the same wonderful pictures again.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

No it isn't the music I was referring to, but THANK YOU for posting.
I'll go back and look when I can get a minute too - and post if I find it.
Have a great day!
peace

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
As the event is now done (and some of the live screen shots have been lost)...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join