It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural Season Seven

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Phantom
Good morning back

First off i think we were on the right track when we were talking about how death might be taking a role in this. Not exactly how it is being described but on the right track any way. I am glad the main characters are not being killed. The way the show works it might not have been to hard to bring them back but I just think it makes for a bad story line. I guess the question now is how much of a role is death going to take in putting the reigns on cas.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

From what i understood Cas will bind Death before the boys.A wild guess is that since Cas is god now,Death has no choise but to be on his side and help him,the only way to stop them both is for Sam and Dean to find the original God.

Death can defeat Dean with the blink of an eye,but what could stop him from doing so?A protection spell,a hex bag?He is too powerfull for that.Only a being as strong as death could help Dean.

If you remember Death didn't like when Lucifer ordered him around,maybe he won't like Cas doing the same.Maybe the boys will play this card.

I don't know,i could think of a hundred things and the writers could come up with a hundred different...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

First off Cas might be taking the role of the creator but he is not the creator. I am sure all the the spiritual beings know this. The ones who follow him will be doing so just so the wont be destroyed. Where death is concerned he may be an angel but he has his own unique position. There may be bad blood between him and Lucifer but he did have the ability to go in and out of the cage. So Lucifer would not really interfere in his business and I don't think Cas will either. Bringing the creator into all of this is one of the other ideas that was talked about earlier. I don't know if that would make for a good story or not. Will have to wait and see what the writers and produces can do with that aspect.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
As long as it doesnt get too over the top again it will be ok, I have a feeling they are aiming at the same audience that may like twilight and caught up in the vampire hype

You must be joking? Have you actually watched the show? They are always taking the p### outve stupid television/movies and 'Twilight' was not let off lightly! They are most certainly not aiming at the same audience as cheesy, hollywood 'pop' vamp fans, if they are then they have totally missed the mark!
See here
To the OP;
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Supernatural and am so looking forward to season 7
I agree that the boys would never set lucifer and michael free even for this epic, desperate mission, I think it will end up being the boys themselves who end up having to kill Cas, the show (learned this from dvd commentary!) has always had a Gnostic feel to some of its messages, it may be that the boys have to find some old relic that will be able to kill "god" (as in the spear of destiny)..... I wonder how they will end the show though? Perhaps they will do something entirely unexpected like Cas winning or one of the boys dying (for good this time
) Or maybe the last shot will be of the back of the impala driving down a road classic rock blasting, that would be nice...
Whatever is in store for us I can barely wait, I want it NOW

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

First off Cas might be taking the role of the creator but he is not the creator.

Agreed,but apart from the role he also has the power.We know that death is almost as powerful as god and no known being can harm him, but we don't know how much more power Cas has right now(he has the combined powers and souls of half a million monsters) and if he can harm Death.
We also assume that Death can kill Cas ,because he said that eventually he will kill God,but we don't know that for sure.

Yes we have to wait and see.Something tells me that whatever we discuss here, the writers will do the opposite just to get to our nerves.They did it before,they will do it again

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Welcome to our little Supernatural fan club

I'm afraid that Qball is right about the target group.Yes they make fun of twilight,but target ages are the same.If they didn't,Sam and Dean would be a couple of 40-50 year olds and not 2 cute boys.

Be patient my friend 16 days to the premiere.......but who's counting

see you around

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Agreed,but apart from the role he also has the power.We know that death is almost as powerful as god and no known being can harm him, but we don't know how much more power Cas has right now(he has the combined powers and souls of half a million monsters) and if he can harm Death.

Phantom
I don't think Cas can harm death, just as I don't think any spiritual being can. At least not in a way that stops him from doing his job. I just think that the creator made him that way. One who has a groosem job to do and no one can stop him from doing it.

As to the writers, yes I do sometimes feel they write just despite what those who like the show think but we will just have to wait and see for that.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree
it may be that the boys have to find some old relic that will be able to kill "god" (as in the spear of destiny).....

Rhebefree
As Phantom said welcome
You do bring up a good idea with the spear of destiny. I had not thought of that. They did have Noas staff earlier. The spear of destiny would be one of the most powerful relics that I could come up with. If Sam and Dean being two mortal men would have any chance to bring down Cas the spear of destiny just might be the way to do it. Just for another take on the idea. Using a relic with that history, in my opinion, just might be something that would make the creator a little bit angry.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Keep in mind that in an earlier episode, Death said that he was older than God. And that one day he would reap God. He may very well be the most powerful creature on the show.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Allenidaho
might you be able to give me the season and episode number when that exchange of words happened. It sounds like it is something that could very well play into what we have been talking about.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I don't think Cas can harm death

Me neither,i'm thinking every possible scenario that can be used.In the synopsis of the episode says that Cas will try to make some good stuff with his new power and position.Maybe he will try to eliminate death and make everyone immortal(not likely,just sayin).

You do bring up a good idea with the spear of destiny. I had not thought of that. They did have Noas staff earlier.

Balthazar had stolen all the relics/weapons from heaven and hid them.Now that he is dead the relics are in the hands of Castiel(i presume that because they were friends and allies).The boys must find a way to bring Balthazar back because he knows where the weapons are or find them by themselves,a little difficult if the weapons are hidden in another realm.(BTW the actor who plays Balthazar in an older show called "Roar",played Loginus,the soldier whose spear became the "spear of destiny")

might you be able to give me the season and episode number when that exchange of words happened. It sounds like it is something that could very well play into what we have been talking about.

Season 5, Episode 21: Two Minutes to Midnight

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Phantom
thanks for posting the information and the link. First of all if any of you have been to Chicago, they do make a good pizza there.

As to death I did watch the clip twice and need to contemplate what was being said. They are both so old that neither can remember who came first, and that in the end the Creator will die also. The first thing that comes to mind is that death has been around so long that his view on anything alive might be some what esoteric. Or in his mind he might just think that if the creator should happen to die he has to be there to do the job he has been doing since creation. At this point I am looking at the details of the conversation as being partly metaphorical. I like the character of death. I think he plays it well and I do hope we see more of him. Perhaps, now the question of weather or not he is an angel with a high status, can be worked out.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Actually it's Dean that ask him"you will reap god?".There are parts of what Death says that give me the feeling that he thinks out loud.

Death is a Horseman.Are Horsemen angels or different type of beings?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Phantom
Yes dean did ask that, to which death answered yes. I just think there is a possibility that there is a difference with death when it comes to a human or a supreme being.

Yes death is a horseman, that has been established. I was under the impression that death is an angel granted abilities that others do not have. Perhaps that idea is not the case. I guess all of that is now up to the writers.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've got the feeling that the Cas thing will be settled very quickly and then the season will move on to other things. CW shows tend to build up super bad guys and then kill them off way too quickly just when things are getting interesting. Look what happened to the Mother of All last season; all that build up and they off her fairly easily.

Plus rumor is Misha Collins contract is up and the producers have other plans this season.

A recent press release from The CW reveals that Sam and Dean “will find themselves…up against a new foe unlike anything they’ve ever fought.” After what happened to Castiel in the May 20 season finale, we had to ask Gamble if the newly minted God is the Winchesters’ new foe. (Of course, the decision to take his portrayer, Misha Collins, off contract suggests Gamble may have other plans.)

TV line

It looks like they want to take the story in another direction.

As Jared Padalecki observed, there have been a lot of questions over the years about how the Winchesters say ahead the of the law, how they keep using fake credit cards without getting caught, and how they're not on FBI databases. And that will all come to a head this season — they will be on the run like never before. He joked that they'll be like Thelma and Louise — or maybe Butch and Sundance.

And they don't have the resources and loopholes they used to have at their disposal. Sam is off the demon blood for good, and they can no longer call on the angel Castiel to get them out of a jam. Their only resources are their own wits and their determination.

And meanwhile, star Jensen Ackles said, the brothers will be up against a huge evil that is not in any lore. Sam, Dean and Bobby will be having a harder time than ever figuring out what to do about this unknowable, unstoppable evil force. (And it sounds like Bobby will be doing a lot more traveling with the boys and be a lot more present in several episodes, judging from Jim Beaver's comments.)

IO9

It also says that Jo, who died a few seasons back will return and there might be a love interest between Bobby and Sheriff Mills.

Should be an interesting season, I can't wait for it to start.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Fort
well if Cas is off the show I will be sorry to see him go, but the show can still go on. What ever evil they have faced I was glad it was usually rooted in lore some where. So it will be a disappointment if this new evil is not in any lore. I was glad to hear the part about a possible love interest though. I rather thought that would be a good idea for some minor point in the past. I was hoping Bobby would mend things with his neighbor that he was getting to know after he saved her from a monster. However the sheriff is a good character also so that would work also. The main problem I see with that is who ever they hook up with has got to be ready to fight monsters also. Because no matter what there will be some point when there work will follow them home.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Death is a Horseman.Are Horsemen angels or different type of beings?

Phantom
I have taken some time to ponder this question. After some time I have come to the opinion that all of the horsemen are some sort of angelic beings. There are multiple types of angelic beings mentioned through out lore so it seems to me to make some sense that it should be no different with the horse men.

As I said earlier that it will be up to the writers, but this is what seems to make the most sense to me at this time.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Interesting.But it doesn't make sense when death says that he is as old as god and maybe older.
Who created him if he is older than god?

What if there was an older god and this one took his place the same way Cas did?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Phantom
What death said is he is as old, maby older, and that neither of them can remember any more. My idea behind all of that is that a creator can not create with out certain things being created first. And those are conquest, war, famine, and death. Hence the four horsemen, the first things ever created. Thus in my opinion the last things that will ever die.

I know im talking like a writer trying to explain an episode, and yes that kind of is what I am doing. My philosophy behind all of this is the creator is still the one at the top.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Im surprised no one else has posted yet, so I guess I will be the first.
Just got done watching the first episode. It seems the people who had the idea about death were right. I did think death might be brought into things because he will still do his job, but the binding and asking him to kill Cas I did not see coming. Cas first killing a bunch of angels then making a new deal with Crowley was not that hard to see playing out. As far as the ending goes, all things considered I am glad they had Cas try to make amends for being so greedy and sucking in all the souls from purgatory. Unforchently it now seems there is a new monster on the block, and it is in the body of Cas.
My Question now would be who will the main characters turn to for help with this problem. My first guess would be Crowley.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join