It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yup another introduction thread...but i'm now a physicist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
mmm not much of a crowd..HEY! i"m chuck! i've been lurking this site for some times and rarely post! but i graduated today in ''genie astrophysique'' ( yup i'm a french canadian....and almost proud, anyway..) so just to brag a little bit, i decided to make my first thread the day of my graduation hehe! but i'll try to be more active here...so entertaining and sometimes really informative

so if you need me, always glad to help some curious minds!
chuck

PS genie astrophysique means astrophysicist and its my major ( yup i'm braggin' again mwaha!)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckAchuck

A brand new baby physicist! We just happen to have room for one more. There are guidelines you should check out before you cast your first thread. Although physicists are rarely lacking in content. We 're known for conspiracies. But as you are soon to find out, we are more about the truth.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 28-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Glad ta meet ya Chuck just scan ur diploma in the lil slot and we know who u is .......J/K welcome good to see more newbies!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Congratulations on graduation!!! Glad to have you here... educated mind are needed at ATS. We have lots of turmoil for you to contribute to

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Congrats to a fellow Canadian.

Un bon francais a part de ca!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Graduation? PICS or it didn't happen!
.... Just kidding

Well done! And hello!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Your thoughts on the God Particle? Just kidding, congratulations. I'm a practicing non-Astrophysicist, so most anything you have to offer would interest me.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
wow wasn't expecting any comebacks! lol thank you everybody! ooo to my fellow canadian: ouais un maudit bon francais!!
and about the god particle, a lot of work must be done only to confirm the existence of a field able to coroborate the god particle

im not a beliver, im not a skeptic, but everything is possible!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What's up Chuck? Congrats on your graduation.

Since you're now a new resident astrophysicist here on ATS I was wondering if you've researched anything by Nassem Haramein and if you think he is on to something with his theories? Don't worry I'm not looking for a right or wrong answer just seeking your opinion on him since you are in a field he seems intrigued with also.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

hello and many thanks

well i never heard about him really and by watching the provided video, he is only naming number of ''theoritical facts'' about the sun. the mentionned singularity at the center of our sun is basically a mathematical image, by that i mean that a singularity is more of math purpose than application purpose. about the sunspots, they are not litteraly cold spots, its a EM build up, on many scales of frequencies is undetectable. it's basically how our brains gauge the reaction to temperature changes
im new here i dont know yet how to embed videos or join text, i will take some days to master this little jewel lol but i will be around if you have other questions

thank to everyone here, chuck!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

In general, a singularity is a point at which an equation, surface, etc., blows up or becomes degenerate. Singularities are often also called singular points

et voila my first attempt
it explains what i was talking about sooner, about the purpose of the so called ''singularity''

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i didn't know that the physics guidelines had a soundtrack...i do love godsmack though....
thank you!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Nassem Haramein theories are quite controversial in your field of work so I was curious if you had heard of him. His theories involve some astrophysics but he does theorize on other things also. If you ever get the time, and I do mean time because his videos can go on for hours, check him out and see what you think. It might not be your thing but he does bring up interesting theories and questions.

edit on 28-4-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

i'll have some days off, so i'm gonna check on those babies
and to be honnest, you are right i'm not into that kind of thing, but i also think any ideas are good, depends on how you look at it ( and like isenberg said: only by peeking in this world, we change it's own nature.) so there's no truth, really...but the video sounds like a documentary you could see on tv! it's different concepts out of their original context, but maybe his other videos and ideas are more structured!

thank you!
chuck

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Cool, I'm making up a list of questions for you now!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

AWESOME!!! i love questions! and if i don't know the answer, well it's one more mystery to solve...but i'm pretty confident though lol

top topics

join