It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma Receives Husband's Photo 67 Years Late

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
things like this happen alot more then people relize .
makes me wonder maybe the after life or lack of it is what you creat when you die.
In otehr words if you believe in some gold shiny place were souls go that will become real for you.
] If i on the other hand wish for oblivian when i die ill cess to be.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

This story brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you so much for sharing this.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
well I dont post offton but have had so many strange things that fall into this catgory I just had to add the story to ats

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That is a very touching story.. it sure warmed my heart reading it thank you for posting this.. it made my day very happy to read it

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I want to know where these things go in that span of time, Where on earth can you place something for that amount of time and have it just arrive one day? Or is this a glitch in the system, pun intended?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
makes me wonder maybe the after life or lack of it is what you creat when you die.
In otehr words if you believe in some gold shiny place were souls go that will become real for you.
] If i on the other hand wish for oblivian when i die ill cess to be.

I had to come back and acknowledge this part of your post.

I have an old book from the 1800's called The Door...or...Open the Door...or something like that. It has been years since I last read it and I have been looking for it all over my house for a month now. It is here somewhere and hopefully I will find it soon, as I have been thinking a lot about this subject lately.

It is the work of one of a group of teachers existing in what we call, the afterlife. It was transcribed via someone living. His claims are that when we die, our method of death along with our mindset plays a huge role in how our consciousness deals with things after and contributes to the overall energy type in the new existence. And that is what the teachers are for...to work with the new ones and help them to learn how to create and exist in the new place and to prepare to come back to this existence eventually.

He said that some energies and consciousness types have to be put to sleep temporarily (in our measure of time, possibly eons) because they are either too shocked to deal with it yet, or they are having too big of a negative impact upon his world.

He also talks about the negative impact upon his world (existence...whatever you want to call it) when mass amounts of people die suddenly in a horrible way. ie....war. And that is his reason for reaching out to this existence. To try and curb some of the things that the knew were coming.

This is an oversimplified version of the book and leaves much of the other interesting aspects out. But your comment about our beliefs playing a hand in what we experience, made me think of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Awww.

That was a touching article.

And yes, it makes me wonder too...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I would guess that it would go something like this: the picture was originally wrongly delivered but that person has now died and the family found it in a drawer when clearing out the house and put it back into the mail system.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Indeed a very inspiring article.

It is sometimes crazy how coincidence works.

top topics

join