It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestanian Freedom March aka Third Revolution // May 15th 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nakba Day meaning "day of the catastrophe" is an annual day of commemoration for the Palestinian people of the anniversary of the creation of Israel. It is held every May 15, the day after the anniversary of Israel's Independence according to the Gregorian calendar and the day marks the expulsions and flight of Palestinians from their towns and villages in the face of Jewish and later Israeli troop advances and their displacement from Palestine, and the loss of their property.

On facebook it is also being called The Day of Return, Third Palestanian Refugee Revolution, and Freedom March.

There are several facebook pages calling for the same cause, they are created by the same group but for different countries. for example the palestanian freedom march - Kuwait, and palestanian freedom march - Tunisia, theres one for Jordan, Syria, Egypt and even France and other European countries.

The main page has over 5 thousand followers, while altogether the pages amount to over 20 thousand followers. Other claims of 300,000 followers [I personally couldn't find that page]

On May 15, the group said, more than 1 million people will participate in a global sit-in at Israeli embassies worldwide. source

The third intifada, or the third revolution calls for all Arabs to march to Israel on the 15th of May.

Egypt:
Friday May 13th Egyptians will march through the streets of Cairo to tahrir square to show their determination and support prior to the main march.
Sunday May 15th Egyptians will march alongside thousands of Palestinians and Gazaans towards Israel.

The main idea is to have thousands of Palestinians march to Israel calling for their homes back, they will be accompanied by activists, Muslims, Christians, Jews(orthodox), and nationalists. They will take with them posters, banners, gas masks, first aid kits, spray paints, tents, food, microphones and huge speakers. They will march from all borders and all sides.

Millions will gather once again in Tahrir square at the heart of Cairo but this time to call for all Arab-march toward Israel. This mass protest will come two days prior to the actual march, as a clear message to Israel and the rest of the world that liberating Palestine is the core cause for every Arab in the Middle East. And that restoring Jerusalem is all Arab’s sacred mission

It is nicknamed the THIRD revolution because of previous Palestinian uprising against Israel which happened twice. both with Israeli victory.

the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) and a massive American-Zionist campaign have succeeded in pressuring Facebook into removing the “third Intifada” page, source
I guess thats why i couldnt find the big page, its also why they made so many different pages.

Not only in the middle East:[FROM FACEBOOK PAGE] In response to the call of the Palestinian people for a popular uprising on May 15th, we will demonstrate outside the Israeli embassy in London on the same day, to demand that the Israeli ambassador is expelled from the UK, in light of Israel's continued disregard for international law. 630 followers +

In NEW YORK: We are calling on the Palestinian and Arab communities in the US and our allies to rally at the United Nations in New York at 1 pm at Dag Hammarskjold Plaza (47th and First Avenue) on Sunday, May 15th, in support of the Right of Return and the actions taken on that day by refugees themselves. 240+ followers

Basically all over the world people will rise up and support the Palestinians, if they haven heard yet then I'm sure by the 13th they will. Israel will have to be very careful on how to deal with this issue, they cant be aggressive nor soft. Israel will have to be very careful on how they conduct themselves as things can get ugly very fast, this is not the 1990s, the Arabs are rising all over the middle east and Africa and they know that no puppet leader can hold them back.

The first and Second Intifada was a deadly confrontation between Israel and the Palestinians/PLOs/and Hamas.

this is more likely to cause a WORLD WAR because so many other Arab countries are involved, not only that but the Arabs have empowered themselves. while this might be good it could lead them to war. I'm an Arab and i dont think its far off...

ON OTHER NEWS
Israel orders military to be prepared against planned Gaza aid flotilla

Israeli PM on Wednesday ordered "military" to get prepared against an aid flotilla international activists plan to send to the besieged Gaza for the anniversary of a deadly Israeli raid on a Turkish ship that tried to break its siege on the Palestinian land. The Free Gaza Movement has said 15 vessels with international passengers, including Europeans and Americans, were expected to set sail in LATE MAY for the territory, besieged by Israel for years.

Sources for more info:
- source
- source
- source
edit on 28/4/2011 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hopefully it all stays peaceful...

I doubt it though...

As far as WW3 goes... I suppose it's a possible outcome...

Israel's nukes against the whole rest of the middle east...

too bad I wanted to visit that place before I died... I suppose there won't be much left to see...

edit on 28-4-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm afraid the Palestinians will not even be able to enter Israel because of all the Israeli checkpoints. If they somehow manage to enter, they will get shot. You know, in Syria or in Libya people seeking for freedom will get the help of the West because of obvious reasons. But in Israel? Nada, nothing...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Its not far off, i'm sure it will start as a small skirmish.

turkey will definitely get involved before Russia or China, they will come as peace keepers but its up to the arabs.

iran could get dragged in if hezbollah or syria are threatened but until now hezbollah is staying out of it and syria is busy.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There are many people aiming for this to turn violent, perhaps even on both sides..

Let's hope they fail.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I'm afraid you can't gain freedom and human rights in Israhell without fighting for it.

But you are right nevertheless!!
edit on 28-4-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

If you think that then maybe you should have seen the West Bank 10 years ago, when they were still in the fight, and compare it to what it is now...

Also, Arab Israelis use their representatives in the parliament to make their voice heard, rather than violence.

But I'd hate to derail the thread.. Point is- Violence never has and never will solve anything.. Only seems to make problems worse.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hamas, Fatah Coordinate May 15 Assault on Israel

Dr. Zakaria al-Agha, member of the PLO Executive Committee, said Monday that a joint Fatah-Hamas committee for marking "the 63rd Nakba Day" had been formed, and that negotiations were under way with "all of the nationalist and Islamic forces" in order to carry out a joint, central action on the day. The plans reportedly include mass marches toward Israel from all of the countries surrounding it, by Arabs and foreign sympathizers.

Israeli army to beef up West Bank troops ahead of Palestinian " catastrophe day"

JERUSALEM, May 1 (Xinhua) -- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) is preparing to significantly bolster its forces near the West Bank towns and villages ahead of the Nakba day events scheduled to take place on May 15.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Egyptian Activists gear up for Third Intifada

"Unlike the first two Palestinian uprisings, the proposed Third Intifada is meant to involve the entire Arab world," Egyptian journalist and political analyst Abdelhalim Kandil told IPS.

My personal opinion: I personally believe this is the big one and will have major consequence what ever israel chooses to do. this is the first time in a long time that the arab masses realised their power so this could get ugly. this will not end this year, or next year, it will not end until some kind of miracle.

top topics

join