It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four UK celebrities hiding sex scandals behind legal super-injunctions are named on Wikipedia Read

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Four UK celebrities hiding sex scandals behind legal super-injunctions are named on Wikipedia Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

Wikipedia moderators scramble to remove postings by users naming protected celebrities
Site pledges to lock profile pages in bid to keep the identities from being published again
Online encyclopedia's servers are in America - so the site is not liable
Four celebrities hiding behind injunctions to prevent details of their private lives being made public have been named on Wikipedia.
Users of the online encyclopedia, which allows anyone to edit it, have published details of the gagging orders on the profiles of the public figures concerned.
Although the site's moderators scrambled to remo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am still amazed that injunctions have been granted to these people. I can understand there should be a line in respect of what is 'in the public interest' and what isn't. However in the case of the football (soccer) player, he is a role model for youngsters and as such to my mind it is part of his job description to uphold standards of decency in public. Therefore as this is a fundamental aspect of his 'job' I think it should be released.

Interestingly after this activity today, it is of note that two days ago Ken Clarke the UK Justice Minister said European Human Rights laws should be applied subjectively on a country by country basis.

what do you guys think, should these injunctions be allowed? In two cases the females involved in the case have been named because in the words of one: 'I cannot afford to apply for a super injunction'. I think it absolutely reprehensible that the names of the females have not been protected too.

Good on the wiki editors for naming and shaming.

Opinions?!?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
do we know what names were mentioned?
2nd

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
edited and deleted my own post upon request, simply trying to help and not to provoke any hostility.
edit on 28-4-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Before reading the article I was all for name and shame, but that was when I assumed they were related to cases of sexual assualt. These are all acts between consenting adults and theres no need for the public to know.
The fact anyone would want to know surprses me and it really just boils down to gossiping and voyuerism.

Just becuase their celebs/atheletes doesnt mean we have a right to every aspect of their lives

Give em a break

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Before reading the article I was all for name and shame, but that was when I assumed they were related to cases of sexual assualt. These are all acts between consenting adults and theres no need for the public to know.
The fact anyone would want to know surprses me and it really just boils down to gossiping and voyuerism.

Just becuase their celebs/atheletes doesnt mean we have a right to every aspect of their lives

Give em a break

Sadly a public figure is accountable in the eyes of the public, as some may view him or her as an aspiration or role model.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I cannot agree in respect of the footballers they represent themselves as role models and therefore their behaviour is critical. They make money from having a family friendly image. Banging hookers is not kid friendly !

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
wish I knew who they are but I'm assuming one of them is an English soccer star

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The whole thing is a joke. This proves there is not freedom of speech in the UK.

People in relationships are being gagged and sileneced by courts. They are afraid of speaking.

If you have enough money you can use the legal system to prevent a person from speaking. Its not even as if they are making up stories. Its true. They are being prevented from speaking the truth.

I really believe all these people being gagged should speak out and name the sleazebags and cheats. Then the judges will have to lock them up for speaking out. Then there will be public outrage.

Is a complete and utter sleazebag who is married with kids that is rolling in cash who got a super injunction going to stand over a judge who has to send a woman to jail for speaking about the affair she had with him. I don't think so. Its all about enforcing fake fear.

people should not be afraid to speak out. if they all speak out then what would happen. will they all be locked up?

its all just sleaze and sad and pathetic affairs but the abuse of the legal system by weathly people is ciminal and proves the law is an ass.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by tristar

2nd

Yes

edit: Do not bother asking, if you search for it, you will find it.

you could have added something constructive to this thread, by saying which ones instead of trying to be a smart ass..
what was the point of that

Had no intentions of acting as you call it a "smart-ass" , i was merely pointing out that yes i am aware of the names and yes he is a footballer and yes they are in the ruling party and yes other actors in the public eye are also in there. That being said and as i stated, simply use the net to your ability, everything is out there, i prefer not to spoon feed people but rather provoke them in finding and then saying " here they are tristar, hows that"

I will edit it so as not to create any hostile feelings. Hostility is something i do not respond well to, let alone on or within a civilized manner.

chill out .

link   

2nd

Yes

you could have added something constructive to this thread, by saying which ones instead of trying to be a smart ass..
what was the point of that

actually your stupid comment has annoyed me a bit.. the whole point of this site is to put information up for people to see.. if everyone were like you and left pointless comments like find it yourself, this site would be non exsistent..

edit on 28/4/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

I agree, MisterLondon.

So, who are the 4 people involved I wonder?

Edit- If people are too scared to state who they are please pm me and I will post the names.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

link   

2nd

Yes

It doesn't state who they are in the article it cannot due to the super injunction.

However, would it be illegal for me to mention who the footballer is? Because I have just gone on to his page and it is locked!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

The fact we live in a society where someone's sex life is considered news worthy is quite embarassing. I could understand these people wanting these injunctions if they were politicians etc, other than that it seems pathetic people even care about celebrities being unfaithful. The only time these things should be taken out is if certain news is likely to jeopardise someones life or interfere with an ongoing police investigation.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I doubt very much the women didnt know these high profile people were married, the fact they wanna speak out is just an attempt to get money or attention.
If the guys were violent or a crime was commited fair enough Ill be the first to demand it be realeased and not covered up.
I dont know the background on these stories but from what I gather no wrong was done these guys were just unlucky enough to get caught and a paper wanted to publish it coz scandal always sells.
But I agree they are sleazebags

I enjoy sports but can you imagine watching a professional game of anything were the athletes were picked based on moral character? it would suck and thats if they could even get enough players for a match.

These people arent paid to be role models there paid to be the best at what they do and short of commiting a crime they shouldnt be punished for what normal people do everyday

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

. That being said and as i stated, simply use the net to your ability, everything is out there, i prefer not to spoon feed people but rather provoke them in finding and then saying "

well, then im glad other memebers on this site dont have the same mindset as you..
2nd

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Until they take ad contracts and endorsements fir their reputation . They are then making money for their apoarent moral standing not sporting prowess.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

you can't exactly call it sport anymore. they have been destroyed by coporations. those at the top can behave however they want and name their price. I have to laugh at anyone who takes any of the large sporting events seriously anymore. the game between real madrid and barcelona last night clearly shows how sad and pathetic sport has become. anger , cheating, deceit, violence was pretty much the run of the game.

anyway, my main point is that if you have enough money you can use the legal system to buy silence. this is not possible for someone who is not very wealthy. rules for the rich , different rules for the poor. very simple.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by JohnySeagull

Totally agree proof perfect because the females were named. Why did the judge not protect them at the same time. Four additional names inserted into a ruling would have taken a nano second.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by JohnySeagull

Totally agree proof perfect because the females were named. Why did the judge not protect them at the same time. Four additional names inserted into a ruling would have taken a nano second.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join