It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List your favorite documentaries

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Anything & Everything by David Attenborough

The Living Planet

Life On Earth

The Blue Planet

The Trials Of Life

The Life Of Plants

etc etc

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Battle of Chernobyl

Cry of the Snow Lion

The Corporation

Magnetic Storm

Constantine's Sword

I like documentary's - great thread.

Almost forgot - hard to find - difficult to watch but brilliant - "Triumph of the Will" by Leni Reisenthal
edit on 15-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's available on Netflix anymore but "God Grew Tired of Us" is really amazing to watch. It's a huge eye opener to what we really have available to us in America, how greedy and selfish we truly are.

From imdb.com,
"Four boys from Sudan embark on a journey to America after years of wandering Sub-Saharan Africa in search of safety."

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Surprised this thread is still current
. I'll add more to the list:

Spiritual Revolution
I Am
Zeitqeist Moving Forward (best of the series BY FAR)
Samsara
Surviving Progress
Waking Life

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadesOfGreen

Yes that was an amazing documentary. Great to show the effect of culture shock and the differences between our lifestyles and those of third world countries. It also showed, to me at least, that a country's GDP does not correlate with that country's happiness.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
One of my favs is
THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS..
Its old and a bit slow to get into, but the experiments are really cool..

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Here is a good one...

Dear Zachary.

www.hulu.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I know what I saw
UFOs THE BEST EVIDENCE: The Visitors

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I was just going to make a thread like this, to have fellow members share with me some of the documentaries they enjoy.

Too bad a lot of the links seem to be outdated, and a lot of them are just names with no links. Anyway if anyone wants to share links to documentaries to watch that would be great. I'll add a couple here I've enjoyed the past couple nights with my insomnia:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Searching for Sugar Man- a documentary about a failed American musician Rodriguez who was an icon in South Africa

An Inconvenient Truth - It is a wonderfully devastating documentary about global warming that opened my eyes to environmental issues

A Map for Saturday - Every time I watch this, it makes me wanna pack my bags and explore the world. Awesome backpacking documentary.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Jackie (2016) . Really liked!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
While it's not a documentary, the secret life of plants (the book by Peter Tompkins & Peter Bird) is an amazing, eye-opening read. IF you read it, you're never going to look at plants exactly the same way. a reply to: FoxxiRoxxi

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
There are a LOT of truly great eye & mind-opening documentaries listed here! Nice thread. Here's a few of my own that I love: All Wars are Banker's Wars www.youtube.com... The American Dream www.youtube.com... It can't happen here by Larken Rose www.youtube.com... JFK to 9/11 Everything is a rich man's trick www.youtube.com... Rupert Sheldrake the science delusion www.youtube.com... Must See!! Agenda 21 for Dummies i.ytimg.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
A lot of the above but also add:

Life after people - it's a series of doc's looking at different impacts to the world (plants and animals, structures etc if people suddenly disappeared )
www.imdb.com...

Impossible Engineering
www.imdb.com...

Supersized Structures
www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Idiocracy

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
the deliberate dumbing down of AmericaIsn't it sad how prophetic that's becoming?! Never before in the history of our civilization has it been easier and cheaper to get a good education and yet the rise of ignorance is almost epidemic amongst far too many! Of course, THIS has a LOT to do with it though!

a reply to: Kromlech

edit on 19-8-2017 by 1FreeThinker because: I wanted to add the link to the response.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Chewingonmushrooms

The Last Waltz, a documentary about the preparation and some of the last performance of Robbie Robertson's The Band.

An Inconvenient Sequel, by Al Gore. An important documentary but its most inconvenient feature is the lack of references (his books, also).

20 Feet From Stardom, a documentary film about back-up singers that most people nowadays watch on NetFlix. Even watching it a second time with my family (because they hadn't seen it) was absolutely spell-binding. I couldn't look away from the screen.

Imagine, also John and Yoko's Year of Peace.

Funky little macrobiotic cooking demonstrations, like the one of Aveline Kushi.

Supersize Me, by the one and only Morgan Spurlock.

Many alternative health documentaries by Gary Null, PhD, the Academy Award-nominated documentary filmmaker, author, and radio show host. One of his most recent is about the high number of US patient deaths due to medical or hospital mistakes.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I kinda like the "Cancer is big business".

It's maddening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join