It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops could be deployed to Tunisia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
British troops to be deployed to Tunisia

British troops could be deployed to the Libyan border to guard refugees fleeing the Gaddafi regime, Liam Fox signalled yesterday.

heres the claim
Yes you heard it, British will be deployed in Tunisia under the cover of humanitarian efforts, but dont believe that part.

“It is very important that we do not signal, at any point, that we may waver in our commitment to what we are trying to achieve in Libya.”

that we may waver in our commitment to what we are trying to achieve in Libya

Everyone's guesses are good as mine on what this could mean.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
so if we are not to believe that.. do you want to enlighten us on what to believe the reason is..
or are you just saying, dont believe it? and we come up with our own conclusions based on your statement..

ok.. you edited it now.. but you cant just say not to believe in something unless you have a something to put to it, preferably with some sort of evidence..
edit on 28/4/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yes you heard it, British will be deployed in Tunisia under the cover of humanitarian efforts, but dont believe that part.

Because British troops have never taken part in humanitarian efforts? Or are you just twisting history to fit your ideology?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Because British troops have never taken part in humanitarian efforts? Or are you just twisting history to fit your ideology?

Excuse me but are you trying to say that you support the British efforts? all wars start and are based on excuses, i am surprised that some ATS members still support the rebels, and your excusing me of twisting history?

I will take that as an insult.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Despite the spending squeeze, he insisted the cash would be found to sustain operations in Libya for as long as it took.

“It is very important that these issues are discussed but it is more important that we send a clear message in the current mission that we are not going to be limited by pounds, shillings and pence but we have the resolve to see through the mission.

Cutting nurses and doctors, yet spending on wars. These bastards are sick.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Excuse me but are you trying to say that you support the British efforts? all wars start and are based on excuses, i am surprised that some ATS members still support the rebels, and your excusing me of twisting history?

I will take that as an insult.

Take it as you wan't I couldn't give a flying arse.

And no... I was 'accusing you' - Accusing. Not Excusing.
edit on 28-4-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

British troops to be deployed to Tunisia

British troops could be deployed to the Libyan border to guard refugees fleeing the Gaddafi regime, Liam Fox signalled yesterday.

Guard them from whom?

edit on 28-4-2011 by BadPenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I believe the UN resolution allows for every measure short of full blown invasion and occupation. But I think everyone knows that there are Spec Ops already in there along with military strategists directing operations.

It's the new way of toppling dictators and lunatics. Wait for the peopl to rise up and ask for intervention, bomb the military infrastructure and help the people win the war. Much cheaper than sending in our own boys, British or American.

Plus, I'm pretty sure they don't want to turn Gaddafi into a martyr. I can't even begin to imagine what being a Libyan opposed to Gaddafi is like.

top topics

join