It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recap 4/27/2011 minus the B.C & Wedding

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I was nearly at the point of no return as far as ATS and those two subjects go so thank you for this thread and your perspective (and a couple of other poster's) and humanity for caring and seeing what is important in life and the future of this planet. I will never read another birther thread and I am almost through with this cesspool of a site...it's become a joke for the two aforementioned subjects and I'm having a hard time wanting to support it anymore.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
S+F dood. I come to ATS to escape MSM, but for two days now, it has been almost as bad. Thanks for the breath of fresh air however laced with tragedy it may be. Wish well for those suffering in the east. Keep up the good work webrooklyn. Its difficult to believe the tribulation our nation is facing, everybody should keep their eyes on the prize, don't be distracted by the smoke and mirror tactics of TPTB. Take care.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To me the royal wedding is of no concern at all. I am in the USA so I don't understand the fascination with the royal family; have they done some great humanterian act? I could care less if some little royal brat marries some other rich brat.
The birth certificate issue is an old one from 2008 or 2009; I have heard enough of that issue. I am glad to see other topics brought up. The tornados and people dying/injuried due to them is way more important to read about.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

We're in NE Indiana, and by this time of year, we are sitting with air conditioners in our house and hoping we don't swelter to death (we're in a trailer... i.e. man-made microwave house lol) Yet tonight, we're going to have a low of below freezing and MAYBE 50 degrees tomorrow, if we're lucky. I'm starting to wonder if the shift in the earth the Japanese Earthquake brought about isn't quite so minor and these horrible weather patterns happening are due to the earth settling into a new balance. After all, that's what storms are for on the face of it.

I wish the best for you and your family

I think whatever is going on up there (space), it's surely showing some effects here. If the earth needs to cleanse itself in a sense, then fine, we've done more than enough damage to it. I just wish people and lives werent affected.

Good Luck to you

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Thanks for the thread! Those tornado videos are unreal. I've seen 3 tornadoes (all from the same storm), but they were nowhere near the size of these monsters and they didn't stay on the ground near as long. I've always been one to poo-poo those saying the weather is getting crazy and mother nature is getting her revenge and such...but I'm beginning to wonder. This month is unlike any I've seen and even looking at annual death tolls from tornadoes since 1875 (link)...we blow the majority of these numbers away, and it's only April. Heed the emergency sirens!

Welcome

Those guys that chase tornados have some real guts in them, im sure they have families and children but it's so dangerous! Theyre screaming at each other to run out of dodge while some want to stay, thats insane!

But yea, it seems every month there is more activity and it's getting scarier, at least for me.

If you saw 3 tornados, then you must have been too close, good luck to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I was nearly at the point of no return as far as ATS and those two subjects go so thank you for this thread and your perspective (and a couple of other poster's) and humanity for caring and seeing what is important in life and the future of this planet. I will never read another birther thread and I am almost through with this cesspool of a site...it's become a joke for the two aforementioned subjects and I'm having a hard time wanting to support it anymore.

And thank you!

I totally agree with you, I think we are at a time in our lives where we NEED to have more compassion, more peace, we NEED to have this happen or we're going to lose it all. Things are so bad right now, we really need to come together.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

S+F dood. I come to ATS to escape MSM, but for two days now, it has been almost as bad. Thanks for the breath of fresh air however laced with tragedy it may be. Wish well for those suffering in the east. Keep up the good work webrooklyn. Its difficult to believe the tribulation our nation is facing, everybody should keep their eyes on the prize, don't be distracted by the smoke and mirror tactics of TPTB. Take care.

Hey DOOD
your welcome, and thank you

I wish we all thought like that, we would be in a much better place!

I wish I can help all those people who lost everything, how are they going to accommodate all those families???

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

To me the royal wedding is of no concern at all. I am in the USA so I don't understand the fascination with the royal family; have they done some great humanterian act? I could care less if some little royal brat marries some other rich brat. The birth certificate issue is an old one from 2008 or 2009; I have heard enough of that issue. I am glad to see other topics brought up. The tornados and people dying/injuried due to them is way more important to read about.

I dont understand the fascination either. Im 26, I spoke to my mom today and she says "Are you going to record the wedding" im like
are you kidding mother WHY. My husband had to remind me that shes from another time lol. Unfortunately I had to let her know why it wasnt such a big deal, I guess im a moodkiller

The tornados and other issues are definitely more important and i hope we can get the good ol REAL ats back!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I guess what's really sad to me is how much human energy goes into such foolishness. I get angry when I click on a thread that promises in its title to have something interesting or relevant only to find strictly opinions or conjecture or "sourced" from the lamest of blogs or websites or yet another lame ATS thread authored by the same person or one of their ATS pals. It's like stealing energy from people.
Is it just me or does it seem like people who actually live in the southern states of the US and who have been affected by these storms are not inclined to participate here? Maybe they are busy at the moment.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I guess what's really sad to me is how much human energy goes into such foolishness. I get angry when I click on a thread that promises in its title to have something interesting or relevant only to find strictly opinions or conjecture or "sourced" from the lamest of blogs or websites or yet another lame ATS thread authored by the same person or one of their ATS pals. It's like stealing energy from people. Is it just me or does it seem like people who actually live in the southern states of the US and who have been affected by these storms are not inclined to participate here? Maybe they are busy at the moment.

I thought about that. Im sure there must be numerous people from ATS who are going through it, who probably lost a home, or family member, I wish all of them the best in these hard times.

I guess we cant stop the trolls and sheeple on ats, we just have to know how to sort through them

I forgot to mention, I know how exhausting it can be when you click on 5 threads that had an interesting title only to see something you were trying to avoid in the 1st place...
edit on 28-4-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Kudos and flag for you! I hope your thread makes it to the front page of ATS and knocks a BC thread off. I admit that even I got caught up in that crap, but thanks to your thoughtful reminder, I remember that there is way more to worry about than this crap. Maybe we should all try to find a piece of news that was overshadowed by the two stories but more important.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
reply to post by heavenlysouldier

Seems like florida is ok for now....

Weather Satellite

I don't know about that. It is eerily quiet outside after being windy for days and now we have storms rolling in off the Gulf. It could be a bumpy ride tonight.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am grateful that you posted this, I have to scan the news online in the morning and then throughout the day as I get a chance. I have three girls so the tv no longer belongs to me. It saddens me to see some of the headline threads; when Japan got hit it was all over the place but it is in my own backyard and nothing. I will keep sending as many good vibes as I can it just seems to be running thin or at least in too many directions. Here is a Link that has April stats and 2011 stats to date also a little video about some tornado myths.

Thank you S&F we need to open our eyes to what really matters and avoid the distractions.

What is BC? I am still learning all the lingo.
edit on 28-4-2011 by UdderlyInsane because: question time
hahaha I get it now birth certificate, see that will tell you how far out of the loop I am on that topic or how tired I am.
edit on 28-4-2011 by UdderlyInsane because: blushing

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Kudos and flag for you! I hope your thread makes it to the front page of ATS and knocks a BC thread off. I admit that even I got caught up in that crap, but thanks to your thoughtful reminder, I remember that there is way more to worry about than this crap. Maybe we should all try to find a piece of news that was overshadowed by the two stories but more important.

Thank you very much

I hope that at least some of the people that have been posting nonstop threads on the b.c and wedding, look at the few pieces in my OP and realize that there's more behind these 2 insignificant topics.It's unfortunate that it takes a little glitter and gold for people to lose focus and its unfortunate that it takes a tragedy for people to see whats really important, but a gift because they are now reminded as you said or just more aware of whats really going on.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I don't know about that. It is eerily quiet outside after being windy for days and now we have storms rolling in off the Gulf. It could be a bumpy ride tonight.

I was basing it on the feed at the time I posted, im sure things have probably changed by now but nonetheless, if things pick up, good luck to you and your family.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I would like to start off by saying i just joined ATS last night and I'm very pleased to meet all of you. Even though i just joined ive been lurking for about a year or so but even before i came here the events that happened on 9/11 was my awakening. The events that has happened this year like the tornadoes in addition to other important events like the wars and uprisings in africa in my opinion is a clear sign that something is NOT right. You dont have to be religious, or political to see this either. The absolutely stunning thing is the amount of people including politicians and the president himself ignoring pretty much most of this. I keep watching reports on TV saying gas is high due to high demand. Oh really? Did we already forget the saudi king has stated that the market is OVER SATURATED. Yet all these MSM outlets are completely ignoring that fact when talking about oil prices and contracts. It saddens me that most are still sleep, but gives me hope when i see threads like this. Thank you for being human.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Me -"hey buddy, we gots to go pay our dues to china"
buddy- "huh? What are you talking about?"
Me - "duh! We are the united states of china now, where the heck you been?"
Buddy- "when did this happen? What about obama's b.c.? We are so close to finding the truth!"
Me- *facepalm*

Thank you o.p.! And I could give a flying f*cc about this stupid wedding! Finally! Something of interest!
I really pray for these people getting hit with these crazy storms/tornadoes! Ive also noticed it seems extremly hot already here. Heck, loredo tx hit 110 deg already!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UdderlyInsane

I am grateful that you posted this, I have to scan the news online in the morning and then throughout the day as I get a chance. I have three girls so the tv no longer belongs to me. It saddens me to see some of the headline threads; when Japan got hit it was all over the place but it is in my own backyard and nothing. I will keep sending as many good vibes as I can it just seems to be running thin or at least in too many directions. Here is a Link that has April stats and 2011 stats to date also a little video about some tornado myths. Thank you S&F we need to open our eyes to what really matters and avoid the distractions. What is BC? I am still learning all the lingo. edit on 28-4-2011 by UdderlyInsane because: question time hahaha I get it now birth certificate, see that will tell you how far out of the loop I am on that topic or how tired I am.

it's ok, I found out what BC was 2 days ago, we're in the same boat lol

I agree, we try and send good thoughts and wishes to people going through disasters, but it really is going in just about every direction.

Wheres your link on tornado stats?
I think you needed a good rest, hopefully you provide a link, Im interested being that this year seems to be a record.

Good day

edit on 29-4-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ForestBehindTheTrees

I would like to start off by saying i just joined ATS last night and I'm very pleased to meet all of you. Even though i just joined ive been lurking for about a year or so but even before i came here the events that happened on 9/11 was my awakening. The events that has happened this year like the tornadoes in addition to other important events like the wars and uprisings in africa in my opinion is a clear sign that something is NOT right. You dont have to be religious, or political to see this either. The absolutely stunning thing is the amount of people including politicians and the president himself ignoring pretty much most of this. I keep watching reports on TV saying gas is high due to high demand. Oh really? Did we already forget the saudi king has stated that the market is OVER SATURATED. Yet all these MSM outlets are completely ignoring that fact when talking about oil prices and contracts. It saddens me that most are still sleep, but gives me hope when i see threads like this. Thank you for being human.

Well Thank you very much and welcome to ats

9/11 changed the way I thought too, I started questioning everything and nothing was less of suspicious.

I agree, there is so much activity and bad things happening and basically we are on our own to just deal with it

You know the kind of debates I have with my sheeple friends when one comes and says "oh the food prices went up in my supermarket, they said it's because gas went up"

And thank you for being human also, theres been some wonderful responses on this thread and it shows that thankfully alot of people still have good hearts and intentions and still care for their fellow humans

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Me -"hey buddy, we gots to go pay our dues to china" buddy- "huh? What are you talking about?" Me - "duh! We are the united states of china now, where the heck you been?" Buddy- "when did this happen? What about obama's b.c.? We are so close to finding the truth!" Me- *facepalm* Thank you o.p.! And I could give a flying f*cc about this stupid wedding! Finally! Something of interest! I really pray for these people getting hit with these crazy storms/tornadoes! Ive also noticed it seems extremly hot already here. Heck, loredo tx hit 110 deg already!

Hahaha thanks buddy

I dont care for the wedding, glad its over with safely but even happier that the threads on that can stop now. Maybe now they can turn their focus back on the south and people affected, search and recovery etc.

Stay cool down in Texas!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join