It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed agents invade Maxam Nutraceutics and steal natural health products in shocking FDA raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Armed agents invade Maxam Nutraceutics and steal natural health products in shocking FDA raid

www.naturalnews.com...

Maxam Nutraceutics is a company that makes and sells what they describe as natural products for several ailments and have been doing so since 1992. In October of last year they were contacted by the FDA who informed them that Maxam we're being naughty and had 15 days to comply or else. Maxam replied within two days of the warning and took measures to soothe the FDA's, let's say, concerns and thought everything was hunky dory.

On Thursday April 14th Maxam were invaded by a heavily armed force consisting of the FDA, IRS and FBI who proceeded to literally empty the place of anything they could get their hands on.

As we say here, what's the craic?

A little heavy handed in my eyes. The thought crossed my mind that this may have a connection with 'big pharmacy' but silly me, surely that would be a conspiracy theory not worthy of mention.

I googled this story and while there are many sites covering it I have not seen it anywhere in the MSN though I didn't check every page of links.
edit on 28/4/11 by JohnGeeTee because: typos

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The letter was sent in October last year.
The raid was now.
Clearly they had plently of time to get their act together.

Reading the FDA letter, it seems Maxam were in violation of a whole heap of things, including various aspects of their web site.
In order to stop snake oil merchants, you arent allowed to say something has a pharmaceutical effect without getting FDA approval. Whether the laws on this are right or wrong is a topic for another day, but the laws as they stand at this moment are very strict and rigorous.
Reading the Maxam CEO's response on naturalnews.com, it appears that they altered the web site, but did nothing else.

The FDA letter clearly says
The issues and violations cited in this letter are not intended
to be an all-inclusive statement of violations that exist in connection
with your products. ... It is your responsibility to ensure that your
firm complies with all requirements of federal law and FDA regulations.

...but it seems to me that the only thing they did were respond to the website related items.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I agree the the list of violations was quite long. The article is a little unclear in stating what exactly Maxam did to do come in line with what the FDA were asking for. The only definite action noted is as you say, changes to their website and hiring a FDA copyright person whatever that is. It does say that "Jim cooperated with every demand that the FDA made of him" but true, it doesn't say what exactly.

One of the thoughts that I had reading this article was the numerous adverts I have seen while in the US that unlike the laws in this part of the world for medicines have to state the probable side effects, which is a bloody good thing may I add. The speedy voice listing them all as quickly as possible, some quite lengthy never ceased to amuse me. What I really mean by this and you gave me the perfect term to use. Who really are the snake oil merchants?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I don't know why you're not getting more traction with this. The PTB surely don't want Us to have anything They can't patent and control in making Ourselves healthy.

In fact, it's pretty clear they don't want Us healthy, period.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
In order to stop snake oil merchants, you arent allowed to say something has a pharmaceutical effect without getting FDA approval.

It's also to stop people discovering things like a cure for cancer, which is very dangerous because if people became aware of it, big pharma would lose all their power.

I met a guy who was supposed to die in 2001 from cancer. The medical industry told him there was nothing they could do for him because the cancer was too advanced and he couldn't afford the treatments they had to offer.

They told him to see a Tibetan woman who claimed never to have lost a patient. He believes the only reason they sent him too her was because she claimed to never have lost a cancer patient, and because he was so far gone already, there was no way she could save him, and it would ruin her reputation.

But she cured him too.

He taught me what she taught him, and told me to keep it very low as the medical industry were very against this simple cure.

They don't want people being self-responsible for their own health. They want to control your health so they can make you sick, so they can make money off you by "saving" you.

The heavily armed raid is designed to implant the impression into stupid people's minds that these natural treatments are dangerous.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Well there are more newsworthy stories about this day. There are storms wiping out towns, there's a wedding at the weekend and of course there is the small matter of a disputed birth certificate keeping people busy so I didn't think it would attract too much attention.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnGeeTee
The article is a little unclear in stating what exactly Maxam did to do come in line with what the FDA were asking for.

It would have been because they were selling a product that had the potential to cause serious damage to the medical industry.

I guarantee it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
It would have been because they were selling a product that had the potential to cause serious damage to the medical industry.
I guarantee it.

Now don't be silly. Surely the only reasoning behind the FDA's action was for the good of mankind. I'm surprised at you even suggesting that. We're the government, we're here to help.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

Well there are more newsworthy stories about this day. There are storms wiping out towns, there's a wedding at the weekend and of course there is the small matter of a disputed birth certificate keeping people busy so I didn't think it would attract too much attention.

I would dispute this wedding as being noteworthy, let alone newsworthy. LOL! I agree that storms are news, but there is nothing we can do about them short of taking over HAARP, and the BC is "news" as a distraction. The fact that health food industry manufacturers are being raided (for no good reason I can find) is something We CAN do something about - IF enough of us are aware.

Therefore, I think this is more important than the list you offered.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just read this article, also from natnews, it describes the FDA's systematic attack of holistic and natural medice from just 1987-1992

www.naturalnews.com...

It's completely disgusting when we get a glimpse of how the masses really are viewed as sheep. We aren't people, we aren't valued, except for the money which we must inject into big business. Big business has manipulated the system into their own image. FDA is simply the enforcement arm of Big Pharma and Monsanto.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I dont know about you guys but I feel safer already.

Nothing like the thought of alphabet agencies kicking in doors and shoving guns into peoples faces to really instill that deep sense of security.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I would dispute this wedding as being noteworthy, let alone newsworthy. LOL! I agree that storms are news, but there is nothing we can do about them short of taking over HAARP, and the BC is "news" as a distraction. The fact that health food industry manufacturers are being raided (for no good reason I can find) is something We CAN do something about - IF enough of us are aware.

I totally agree about the wedding though you would not think so watching the UK press. I saw the front page of one of the UK's supposedly better newspapers this morning. With all that is happening in the world it was more concerned with the astonishing finding that the bride to be wore jeans to a rehearsal, including photograph of said jeans.

I'm sure you've seen the threads I mentioned yourself. I even got caught up in one before my head started to get dizzy reading abusive and hate driven posts against conspiracy theories on a conspiracy website. Hard to figure really,

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I totally agree about the wedding though you would not think so watching the UK press. I saw the front page of one of the UK's supposedly better newspapers this morning. With all that is happening in the world it was more concerned with the astonishing finding that the bride to be wore jeans to a rehearsal, including photograph of said jeans.

Ah the circuses abound, don't they?

I'm sure you've seen the threads I mentioned yourself. I even got caught up in one before my head started to get dizzy reading abusive and hate driven posts against conspiracy theories on a conspiracy website. Hard to figure really,

Indeed. I poked about myself in a BC thread. I figure that if it degrades like that, it's merely a circus. The things that matter seldom degrade and never like that.

top topics

join