It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Luciferian Sky

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The creator established an order; a divine order which must be replicated here on earth. Going against it is: disobeying the will of God. Even a female Jew can understand this order. Its fairly obvious to any perceptive person.

I realize that you believe yourself to be in possession of Universal Truth (and for all I know you are), but you can come across as kind of, well, mean in expressing your understanding of it.

I would expect Divine order to be a self-replicating process, though if you are implying that we must exercise our Free Will to actuate Divine order, then I provisionally agree.

edit on 12-9-2011 by mistermonculous because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Im sorry for coming off as arrogant, or mean. I dont try to come off that way.

I clearly need to do better job selecting my words. Do i come off as a know-it-all??

Im a naturally sarcastic person. My dad is very sarcastic, my sister very sarcastic. My Dads side of the family just deals with things through sarcasm.

I have this urge in me to mock and deride things which i find to be evil, wrong, or stupid.

Overall, my heart is in the right place. I want to do good, and i do agree that our purpose here is as you marginally suggested, to exercize our free will to correct that which God made defected, but i do have a very bad habit of getting arrogant while i speak
I guess i feel a little too proud of myself? I dont know. But i do know this response occurs way too often for me not to learn something from it.

Give me some pointers on how i could relate my beliefs without eliciting this response, because i think you have good sense.

(and for all I know you are)

Youre the first person to admit that.

Its pure chance, luck, or providence, whatever you want to call it, that i have been led to a deeper study and interest in Judaism. I already have an interest in spirituality in general, and i dont follow any religion in particular, but Judaism to me is so balanced and wholesome. I think God - in the real and total sense - gave the Torah to the Jews to keep mankind in check. The Jews arent "better", they just happen to be one element amongst mankind who is here to keep us from destroying ourselves; or from creating a world the likes of which Hindus have been subjected to; classicism. Gross exploitation of the masses; acting as 'nature' does, the higher classes devouring and preying on the lower classes.

Dont think the world could be anything different, in a real sense, without Gods laws to keep us from encroaching on that which is not ours.

This is why "land" is so often emphasized in the Torah. It symbolizes property; ones own world within the world. That which is his own, and which he can impart to his child after he dies.

Memory is another thing emphasized. When we come into this world we remember why were here; to build a world of holiness, of goodness and charity, in which God - the essence of reality - may enter this world and rest - Shekinah, with his creation....

I think this is the highest way to live. To be reasonable, and just beings. This is what Ish Ra El means. To defeat your lower, animalistic and unjust side, to transmute the essence of the dark side, and have it SERVE - bestow a whole new name ie; relationship, between man and reality.

Thus, God makes himself known through the reason - logos. This is "God walking through the garden". To hide from him, is to lead to banishment from the garden. To a fallen world.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I had to star your post, I haven't seen Perfect Blue or Serial Experiments Lain in years, but both are excellent pieces if you're into anime

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Im sorry for coming off as arrogant, or mean. I dont try to come off that way.

No problem, mang. Thanks for explaining where you're coming from.

Im a naturally sarcastic person. My dad is very sarcastic, my sister very sarcastic. My Dads side of the family just deals with things through sarcasm.

Because of my own cognitive blind-spots, I either miss sarcasm entirely, or interpret it as low-grade cruelty. Where most people employ sarcasm, I employ hyperbole. Which gets me into as much trouble as sarcasm probably gets you.

I have this urge in me to mock and deride things which i find to be evil, wrong, or stupid.

This could be interpreted as mocking the people you are having a conversation with, rather than the ideas they espouse.

If your ideas are sound, there's no need to bolster them by attacking the intellect, perceptiveness, or moral character of the person you are expressing them to.

Overall, my heart is in the right place. I want to do good, and i do agree that our purpose here is as you marginally suggested, to exercize our free will to correct that which God made defected, but i do have a very bad habit of getting arrogant while i speak
I guess i feel a little too proud of myself? I dont know. But i do know this response occurs way too often for me not to learn something from it.

Right on. Here's where I tend to fall down, and what I'm working on:

Fallacy Of Division:
assuming that what is true of the whole is true of each constituent part. For example, human beings are made of atoms, and human beings are conscious, so atoms must be conscious.

Fallacy Of Composition:
assuming that a whole has the same simplicity as its constituent parts. In fact, a great deal of science is the study of emergent properties. For example, if you put a drop of oil on water, there are interesting optical effects. But the effect comes from the oil/water system: it does not come just from the oil or just from the water.

Confusing Correlation And Causation:
earthquakes in the Andes were correlated with the closest approaches of the planet Uranus. Therefore, Uranus must have caused them. (But Jupiter is nearer than Uranus, and more massive too.)

Give me some pointers on how i could relate my beliefs without eliciting this response, because i think you have good sense.

Thanks, that's very kind of you.

Youre the first person to admit that.

Is it possible that folks around these parts failing to even concede that your views may be valid (or, worse, being aggressively reactive when you express them) has lead you to feel a bit cranky? If so, you can probably spot for yourself where that's slipping into your discourse.

Once again, I really appreciate the information you've contributed; and thanks for clarifying the way you communicate and why.

edit on 12-9-2011 by mistermonculous because: gramamar.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Where most people employ sarcasm, I employ hyperbole.

I consider hyperbole a form of sarcasm.

Is it possible that folks around these parts failing to even concede that your views may be valid (or, worse, being aggressively reactive when you express them) has lead you to feel a bit cranky?

No.... I mean, i have encountered people who agree with me, obviously. But when i talk to people i suspect of having gnostic sympathies, almost none of them ever concede that they just dont know
. You know? I dont even know. No one can know. All i can do is choose what i consider to be the wisest and safest path. ... To be a good person, come to know myself better, helping others etc. Anything that is good, i know in my heart to be true. Only an insane person, even if he has an 'esoteric philosophy' behind his emotional imbalance, could try to justify a reality where good, love and peace is not the common denominator.

So, i really dont like these "gnostics" who talk and act as if they "know" the truth. "Evil doesnt exist, morality is a trick of the demiurge" etc. That to me is arrogant. It assumes far too much, in my opinion. I would not be willing to live my life doing whats counter-intuitive in order to 'rebel' against order.

The progressive, liberal movement is based on 'the rules for radicals' doctrine of saul alinsky, and alinskys writings mirror very much, in essence, the radical antinomianism of Gnostic doctrine.

Its a popular philosophy. And most people who follow it, being outwardly christian, never reveal their status as 'initiates' and 'pneumatics' of the inner wisdom.

What kind of religion exhorts its esoteric initiates to do one things outwardly - profess the same faith in the same terms as the masses, but in private, express yourself in the true spirit of christianity, which is in essence antinomian, and so contrary to the doctrine preached to the masses.

This is what Judah Ha Levi, an 11th century Rabbi living in Spain, thought about the Christian monks. These people are fakes, charlatans. They dont abide by the morality the outwardly profess, because they dont believe in it; they dont believe in the "demiurge" - which is for only the masses and those who havent come to "gnosis".....

Gnosis, which allows you to act cruelly and unreasonably with others, is not gnosis, but a crass delusion, and idiocy, that any person with basic common sense can see if false and wrong.

Do you know why people think theres such a thing as a demiurge? Because people are extreme. The extremist people control the world. Those willing to kill, to control, are the ones who control things.

No such extremism can be true. It is a far too irrational.
edit on 12-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I consider hyperbole a form of sarcasm.

hy·per·bo·le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA
noun Rhetoric .
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

sar·casm   /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Show Spelled[sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

O.K.

I am not, I repeat, not a gnostic. Nor do I subscribe to an -ism of any sort. To be doubly clear: I do not believe in a demi-urge, in Sophia, or even in Yaweh, for that matter.

My belief system consists solely of this: We are children to a Creator who loves us in an unconditional and personal way.

Over the last year I have been running into pieces of what I like to call the Information. When I come across it, I recognize it, and it's EVERYWHERE; although I generally have to wade through a lot of dross to find it. No source is too ignoble; pop media, classical literature, every kind of doctrine, music, etc.

What this Information indicates is that we are being Farmed. Honestly, when I say I am fumbling around the outlines of this; I can only compare my situation to that of a chicken who wants to understand the dimensions of its' cage, the nature of its' keepers, and the reason it's being kept. One problem: it's a fricking chicken, and it doesn't have a whole lot of brain-power to work with (compared to its' human keepers).

So, while I appreciate the time and effort you've taken in contributing to this thread, I must say that a lot of that contribution is at best tangential to the thread's subject. If you're really interested in waging a one-man war against the Neo-Cathars, there are plenty of other threads where it would be topically appropriate.

edit on 14-9-2011 by mistermonculous because: flubbity hoo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous
I know I'm really going off the deep end here, but what if human consciousness not only generates and effects electro-magnetic fields, what if those electro-magnetic signatures don't flatten after death?

What if they could be stored in the earth's ionosphere by a binding over-consciousness and manipulated by technology such as HAARP?

this sounds very much like l. ron Hubbard's xenu myth. I do not mean that as an insult, I am a fan of many cray-zee mythologies.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Oh, noes. Really?!

Goddamn you, L. ROOOOOOON!

Still, as I've noted: no source; no matter how slimy, snake-oily, or spurious shall be overlooked. So, I'll over-ride my gag reflex, and dig into the Xenu tripe. Back soon.

O.K., I'm back, and I think you're referring specifically to this:

The now-disembodied victims' souls, which Hubbard called thetans, were blown into the air by the blast. They were captured by Xenu's forces using an "electronic ribbon" ("which also was a type of standing wave") and sucked into "vacuum zones" around the world. ]

So there's a potential tie between the proposed electro-magnetic nature of the subtle bodies and Hubbard's thetans being stored on an "electronic ribbon". I feel that's where the similarities end, but thanks for throwing down.

Also, jeez, how did that guy ever get published? I need a long shower. And some bleach. And some steel wool.

edit on 14-9-2011 by mistermonculous because: addition

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
From here:

He also mentioned something I still think is extremely odd, because I’ve not heard of it from any other source. He talked about what he called “Saint Peter’s Net.” He stated that as godlike beings, they would form a “net” and capture the energy of others who die and use their spirit-energy to become even more godlike. (In a way, this reminds me of cannibalism and ingestion of blood by some occultists in rituals, to gain the life force of their newly deceased, or dying, victims.)

The above passage is from an interview with Kathleen Sullivan, a purported MKUltra survivor. Pretty sure the dude she's referring to is Kissinger. Iffy source (to say the least), but a startling reference nonetheless.

Lord preserve us from St. Peter's Net.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous
Still, as I've noted: no source; no matter how slimy, snake-oily, or spurious shall be overlooked. So, I'll over-ride my gag reflex, and dig into the Xenu tripe. Back soon.

mm,

I think I'm beginning to fall in love with you!!!

Okay, now I'll leave you to wonder whether that is hyperbole or not.....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Uh, hey. For the record, it's us.

We're farming ourselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
From here:

I don't know about feeling anything, but I can tell you I had a doozy of a dream this am. I dreamt that I was a ghost. Only one person was able to see me and I couldn't cross over I told the person who seen me the "transformer" was being blocked? Whatever that means and by the end of the dream I still hadn't crossed over and was at the place where I died (A bridge).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Re: St. Peter's Net.

As long as all the other CT tropes have been tied in here, why not chemtrails?

It occurred to me that distributing aerosolized copper ions into the upper atmosphere could act as a global Faraday cage. Which, looking back on a prior post, would entrap the subtle body of a recently deceased person. Satellites run off microwave radio relays, so their function wouldn't be interfered with.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Eidolon23 because: ...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Further: our natural course after death might involve the Moon somehow, as being an organelle in a larger system. A "transformer", if you will. Block access to the transformer, and harvest the surplus energy of the trapped "souls".

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Warning: Satire.

Or.

Black Butler Season2.

Trancy, pederacy, numerous not-so-subtle geopolitical references disguised behind a ridiculous cravat (redundancy).

The only ones paying attention are Western esoterica/anime buffs (thin slice, no doubt) while the source culture gets their gonads scorched beyond reproductive viability.

What if your mysteries are a con?

Tower to nowhere we haven't been before?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Does partial transparency negate karmic retribution?

Sure, but only if karma isn't just another grift.

Which, if you mistake cause-and-effect for a higher law, might just snare you.

Morons.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This thread is confusing, what a TV series has evil story and characters, and we should be alarmed?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

SO ALRMED. VERY ILLMNATI. MCH RECURSION.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

dontreally

Well, Lord above.

dontreally, I never really was able to like you, but.

soundcloud.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

My children are big fans of Black Butler series, especially my oldest son. I've watched several episodes of the show myself and thought "meh." Not really my cup of tea, but I didn't see anything inherently terrible about it either. And before you go making judgements, I do not let my kids just do or watch anything. In fact, I have an 11 year old who thinks I'm the meanest parent EVER because I won't let him play GTA 5 or Saints Row series.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join