It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Cell Phone and You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Recently the tracking abilities of cell phones have been mentioned on the MSM. As with most news these days, it feels more like a conditioning report as no serious questions are ever raised and often they run a nice story that helps dissolve the issues of trust and personal privacy. Case point:
www.digtriad.com...

Many of the viewers to this website have known that these phones are far from private. GPS ability has been required within cells since 2002. Your mic can be operated remotely, deleted texts can be recovered, etc. Yet we continue to use these phones for their convenience despite the risks whether they be medical concerns, privacy or reduced awareness.

So what does the future look like for us and our phones? To begin with, the Obama administration is looking into creating an internet ID for the people. www.abovetopsecret.com...

So begins our journey into the possible uses of these nefarious devices. Once your ID goes digital within an established grid, you can throw all hopes of privacy and real freedom out the window.

Rather than start each sentence with "I see, or one possibility," I will state my ideas as if the grid is already in place and the technology is at this level.

Let's begin. The old days of not having password protection in the form of a numerical code, drawing a pattern over dots, etc, are over. Now your phone requires a bio imprint to begin functions. This will beyond a fingerprint scan. It may even involve face recognition. Regardless, your identity will be confirmed each time you use the device whether it be a key for online activity or making a call.
You cell phone has also become your car key. I would have expected vehicles to have evolved with more computer interactive devices for the user than they currently offer, however the steps needed for this are not far off. Great, now you don't have to worry about your car being stolen. Let's go for a ride.
Tolls are automatically deducted from your bank account as you pass electronic pass points. Those video cameras you see popping up at traffic intersections will serve a purpose. If you run a red light, a video of the incident will be sent for your confirmation and the fee has already been taken care of as well. Cars at this time have incident recorders along with on board camera systems. Initially I thought the DMV would become a thing of the past as they could update plate registration electronically but they will probably merge with the TSA to further torment their visitors.
Enough of the driving, let's grab a coffee. That starbucks already knows your order without talking with someone. Any alterations to your order are modified through your cell phone as your proceed up the lane. On you go, no cash was used because at this point though, you will not be allowed to use money as you have known it. Digital credits and debits are the currency at this time. When you buy groceries, not only is every item recorded, your phone has replaced your checkbook or debit card. Your purchases and income are now stored electronically so that means your taxes are already done, granted you don't keep accumulating icop speeding tickets.
Ready for a walk? As you pass nearby businesses, electronic ads begin popping up on your cell without your prompting. Some are quite entertaining so you go in to take a look. All stores have their own ID gates for protection from shoplifters and to further know their customer base. Hey you have friends on friendface, perhaps they would like to know you like shopping at best buy. On it goes.
Feeling like you want a way out? Go for it. Deviations from your normal routines will draw the attention of computer algorithms and authorities who are no longer writing speeding tickets will be there assist you. They will have the ability to review your recorded activities from their ipads (whether they be online or along the grids) while they are interrogating you.
Still feel like running? A digital ID block or alert status will be issued and you will no longer be able to function normally within the grid areas.

We are not too far away from such an electronic nightmare.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I prefer to call them hand-held computers now... I seriously don't see why people use there phones for everything when they could use the laptop or vice versa its too much for me i still use one of those crappy 'brick' phones and I'll only replace it when its broken.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It is called convergence, the shrinking and combining of all digital devices into one unit. There are a few different ways in which this can be employed, with the main difference being between humans as the master or the slave. In the current political climate of corporate rights placed over individual rights it is not looking good for humans. Microchip implants have been around for some time including very small mobile phones.

When looking into alien abductions the use of implants is a common occurrence with very strong indications that this foreign technology has been the source of a lot of the technology we have today. Some of these implants have been attached to important nerves in which messages can be sent and everything we see and hear can be recorded. In reviewing the political structure of this alien invasion it does have a collectivist methodology where individualism is eliminated.

While there is no disclosure on the ET topic we are left open to a stealth attack, which is slowly occurring. The reason of national security to maintain the secrecy on this issue is a lie. Some people have sold out in fear or greed, trying to gain an advantage over the rest of the population with this technology. Unfortunately you cannot make a deal with the devil and it appears they have already been enslaved.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

If you own a smartphone seriously click the link below find your phone (if it's listed) go to the forum and read up on how to install a custom ROM.

XDA

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This is just more proof that luxury comes at a price. The difference I feel now, is that we have voluntarily accepted the servitude in order to be able to tell your friends your at Applebee's. 20 years from now we will be asking this generation if it was worth it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I call it "Echelon". I call it "Predator" and it's no surprise is it? Apple built the damn thing that way. It's not something that just happened. The question is, if you own a smart phone, how much do you "trust" it? How sure can you be that when you turn it off, it is actually off? I know I-phone is the big "culprit" in this one but you know for sure that the damn things were capable of doing this before they started to sell them so just what in fact WAS/IS the government doing with you tracking information ? How often were the smart phones programmed to transmit the data covertly? Why wouldn't the governmant not take the opportunity to track smart phones in the first place since they are compact yet powerful enough to do some serious damage in the right hands? Why bother making yourself a target?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Who saw that happening? Everyone with a brain.

Electronics have advanced the planet, but not in a good way.

Dump those phones!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Actually we are electronics.. in a sense. The difference is that those that keep us in the land of the ignorant, are the same ones that took the time to make us want and need an extension, that if used in any other way, could have benefited all of us.

Its dependent on the individual. An example. I use the internet, sure Ill chat with some friends on Skype, or watch an interesting documentary, but others will use it to influence, murder, hate, and violence. The reason that has progressed so rapidly, is because the electronic (phone, t.v, internet) and "us" have such a great connection.

Ever met someone that had their phone turn off temporarily, or their light, or their internet. We feed each other, we just have to figure out a way to use if for good as opposed to evil. Electronics didn't turn us evil, we turned electronics evil.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Actually, we are not electronics.

We are meat on the hoof.

Electronics is what is destroying us, just like the gun to the cattle......BANG!

new topics

top topics

join