It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly released Obama birth certificate is not fraudulent - heres why:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Let me first start by saying that I am not a fan of Obama myself. Not at all. But anyways, that doesn't mean I'm about to jump on the bandwagon saying that his BC is fraudulent simply because I don't understand the facts. I am a professional graphic designer and I know how many adobe programs work.

Located in this post the OP says because the text is layered in the PDF when imported into illustrator that it must mean it is fraudulent. However I know that to not be the case.

PDF files use optical character recognition software (explained here) in which the text is extracted from the actual document, even if it is a flat JPEG. This is done so that PDF files can be put into databases and the text can be searchable. In order to do this the software needs to pull the text from the image and create a new text layer that allows it to be searched. Optical character recognition (or OCR) pulls the black text off leaving white on the base layer. An image of this is seen in "Bonafide Ween's" topic viewable below:

Note: The cursive remains on the base layer because OCR cannot recognize cursive as it is not a standard font.

The white remains on the base layer because the original scanned in image does not have the data of what is below that black text, so it leaves it white. If the text were placed onto the background image the original image would remain in tact under the text layer. However this is not the case.

When the PDF is imported into Adobe Illustrator the layers are recognized by the software. Adobe produced both PDFs and Illustrator and they have great compatibility.

Although this BC was not manipulated in illustrator, that doesn't mean that the original image was not doctored, printed, and then scanned in again. With all of Obamas money I'm sure they wouldn't have made the silly mistake of leaving the text layers in tact.

The real question is: Why does his BC say Barack Obama and not Barry Soetoro, his birth name? While some questions may remain about the BC, hopefully I laid to rest the rumors that the white house released BC was edited in illustrator.

edit on 27-4-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Why does his BC say Barack Obama and not Barry Soetoro,

Could this be explained because he or someone else petitioned the court for a name change?

Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
.... while I understand what you are saying. This is just ONE concern that makes people feel it's fake. From what I'm reading there are way more than just the one reason to be concerned.

The best being the name plus some other issues.... that are best summed up other places.

Although i will say that your description of how acrobat does what it does was very informative and you have cleared up questions I didn't know I had about the software lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Why does his BC say Barack Obama and not Barry Soetoro,

Could this be explained because he or someone else petitioned the court for a name change?

Thanks for the info.

No, his father was Obama, the kenyan..
His mother met Soetoro, the Indonesian, later..
You guys need to read up a bit..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

But I hear the text was NOT saved as text..
Kinda odd don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
he original document was in a bound volume (as reflected by the curvature of the left hand side of the certificate), how can the green patterned background of the document's safety paper be so seamless?

• Why, if Obama was born on August 4, 1961, was the “Date Accepted by Local Reg.” four days later on August 8, 1961?

• What is the significance of the smudges in the box containing the name of the reported attendant?

• David A. Sinclair, the M.D. who purportedly signed the document, died nearly eight years ago at age 81. So he is conveniently unavailable to answer questions about Obama’s reported birth.

• In the “This Birth” box there are two mysterious Xs above “Twin” and “Triplet.” Is there a sibling or two unaccounted for?

• What is the significance of the mysterious numbers, seen vertically, on the document’s right side?

• Finally, the “Signature of Local Registrar” in box 21 may be a desperate attempt at establishing the document’s Hawaiian authenticity. Note to forgers: It is spelled “Ukulele.”

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

OR,
Why did his mother sign the form a day earlier than the doctor....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That doesn't mean to stop buying WND's crap and book coming out...they have invested alot in birther gear...

and besides, wnd says it isn't real...why would they say that? What could they possibly have to gain by lying?

oh, right...nevermind.
star + flag and leaving the cult of birtherism for the night

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Check out my thread!!! Tell me something is not up!!!!

Link

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justice2012
reply to post by SaturnFX

Check out my thread!!! Tell me something is not up!!!!

Link

You want me to start studying hawaiian law?
start theorizing why there is a green background?
show me your papers.

I seen the short form cert for years
I seen the announcments
I now seen the long form

Obama has done more than any president ever to establish this...there are conspiracy theories that he is a reptilian..he will not be giving a dna sample.

I spent a considerable amount of time researching ocr products, learning adobe bugs in the forums, etc...I am done doing the research to deadend dying breath birtherism concerns.

just go buy your book and bumper sticker..the reasonable people are leaving the room and letting the rest wear your helmits and eat paste or whatever it is you lot do....

oh, and enjoy your unsourced spam chain emails (see postings above of the ever so original point lists being plagurized and slapped on ats).

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to explain this, because most of us, I think, are pretty confused at what we see in this document. I dont have any background in this whatsoever. Someone on the other thread had mentioned this very thing. Heres a quote of the post:

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by DJW001

this is smart. good job.

I am wondering if the optical character recognition (OCR) can account for bumping out all of the separate layers?

IMO, the fact that this is such a mess is a real problem. they should have flattened the layers. it should have been perfect. this is still suspect.

ETA: nevermind...there is no selectable text. no OCR. even more suspicious.
edit on 27-4-2011 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

Can you help clear this up? Thank you!

There is also the issue of the hospital name being changed, which I find odd.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You guys need to read up a bit..

Guess I should I should have expanded on my wording. What I am saying is that even if his name was Daffy Duck, he or somebody else could petition the court to change their name.

His name is BHO and has been since birth. There is a newspaper ad , a public birth index, and now a birth certificate stating so.

Obama is legit IMHO.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

How could his birth name be Soetoro when his mother had not even met Lolo yet? His father was Barack Obama Sr.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

The text is in multiple fonts, on different lines, different kerning, leading, and scale. Illustrator would be unable to have all that text in the same text box. Many users may not even have all the correct fonts installed. Illustrator simply throws all the text into one vectorized layer and calls it a day. ...As for the random squiggly lines included in that text layer; I honestly can't explain that...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

How could his birth name be Soetoro when his mother had not even met Lolo yet? His father was Barack Obama Sr.

Was unaware, thx for clearing that up. I'd edit that out of my OP but then i'd be accused of all sorts of bull-larkey so I'll leave it there and hope users read the whole post before commenting.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No worries. I like the thread, but that raised a flag. It's all good now.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. That make sense. I was waiting for someone to explain this because I just cannot believe the White House would make such a huge mistake. The person I quoted in my previous post was obviously on to something, and you have confirmed.

I think everyone should take what you have said into consideration. Great job!

edit on 27-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: grammarz

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What I would like to know is why Obama seems to have been "amused" by this whole birth certificate issue for the last two and a half years?

That to me is NOT very Presidential, intentionally toying with the American public like that, spending millions of our tax payer money hiding his record, only to FINALLY come out and show his birth cert after Trump gets him on the defensive.

What a waste of million$ that could have been better used elsewhere.
Why did you wait over 2 years to finally show us your BC?

You are indeed a megalomaniacal JERK!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Does it really matter where he was born? even If he is removed from office today it would take decades to undo the damage this man has caused. SO does it really matter at this point if he serves another year and a half....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Does it really matter where he was born? even If he is removed from office today it would take decades to undo the damage this man has caused. SO does it really matter at this point if he serves another year and a half....

If his presidency was invalid then his healthcare bill, for example, would be null. Right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join