It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffett is going DOWN... one of his former associate is turning against him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Please please please please please? That POS Buffett needs to end his scummy life in jail! The guy has done thousands of insider trades not to mention his implication in a number of currency collapses.

And So The Billionaires Turn On Each Other - Sokol's Lawyer Accuses Buffett Of Lying

And so the cannibalism at the very top begins. According to a statement just released by Barry Wm. Levine, attorney of David Sokol (who was slated to be the next head of Berkshire... until Berkshire decided to sue him that is), none other than the Octogenarian (soon possibly the Outcast) of Omaha was in fact lying, and arguably committing 10(b)-5 fraud by not disclosing the full details of his and Sokol's involvement in the situation in the Lubrizol proxy. To wit: "Mr. Buffett was told twice, not once, about Mr. Sokol’s ownership of Lubrizol stock before Mr. Buffett engaged in any discussions with Lubrizol." And we personally can't wait for Munger to be the next fall guy: we are confident that Charlie will suck it in, like every other good citizen who benefited from the infinite taxpayer largesse. Grab the popcorn - it's dirty laundry "on the record" time.

Please Santa Claus! Give me this present for christmas! Buffett in jail!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Somebody appears to resent people with money.

If he is guilty then let him be punished but you are spewing hate towards those you consider elite.

You want to see the destruction of the powerful and they want to see the destruction of the peasants.

I don't see the difference between you two other than your bank statements.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

If he is guilty then let him be punished but you are spewing hate towards those you consider elite.

He is guilty. And no I do not resent those with money who have earned it HONESTLY, like Steve Jobs..... but that POS Buffett didn't. He made money killing countries and doing insider trading. Screw him.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I highly doubt he will ever see prison. But it would be a great gift!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Of all the billionaires out there, I like Buffet best. From what I read in the article, it looks like David Sokol is the one who did the bad thing. Not Warren.

www.bloomberg.com...

David Sokol violated Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK/A)’s insider-trading rules and misled the company about his personal stake in Lubrizol Corp., which he recommended as a takeover target to Chairman Warren Buffett, the firm said.

Berkshire will cooperate with any government investigations related to Sokol’s Lubrizol transactions and weigh suing the former manager to recover his trading profits, according to a report from Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire’s audit committee.

Sokol’s purchase of about $10 million in Lubrizol stock while facilitating Buffett’s deal to buy the lubricant maker “violated company policies, including Berkshire Hathaway’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and its insider-trading policies and procedures,” according to the report.

of course Sokol is going to say he told Buffet what he was doing. He is the one looking at jail time.

At least Berkshire Hathaway did the right thing and outed their own guy, just like they should have.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by kro32

He is guilty. And no I do not resent those with money who have earned it HONESTLY, like Steve Jobs..... but that POS Buffett didn't. He made money killing countries and doing insider trading. Screw him.

So before seeing all the evidence or having him tried in a court you are just declaring him guilty and it's off with his head huh?

I sure hope when you get accused of something you don't get a judge that thinks like you.
edit on 27-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

LOL...Steve Jobs, "honest"?

What was in that Apple you ate?

Steve Jobs makes money by instituting a "toll" fee for just about every device they use. I also suspect CIA/NSA collaboration. He is as ruthless as any of them.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
thread fail.

biased and mean and did not deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

join