It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul gets angry...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yeah, great another fascist. Cooperative programs are what will happen, with or without money. No one can take care of themselves. Women died by the scores in childbirth, lifesaving operations. No one should have to pay hundreds of thousands for treatments. Medical treatments for the rich sold as responsibility!!!!

The best countries in the world have good medical programs.

What a joke. He hates collectivity.

The trillions to the bankers and the wars are the problem. social spending is peanuts and the very reason for taxes. I support venus project grass roots run, no money, but not dog eat dog have and have not style, it would wed collectivity and freedom as things should be.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Like I said, some people can see the train, some people are running right into it, You are a perfect example of the latter.
edit on 28-4-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by skull_bones
I think he is 100% accurate.

However, he will never get elected by campaiging on making cuts to social programs like, SS, medicare, medicade, welfare, etc....

YES but he needs to let the people know, cause most seem to NOT understand, is that all he can do is get the House to propse these... and vote on them.

He needs to CLEARLY explain the alternate when these people "opt-out".

I agree,

However, Im just of the opinion that even if you clearly explained to everyone and they understood exactly what the consequences would be, which is bankruptcy of the system and then nobody would get anything. They still would never vote to not get their benefits and the system would colapse.

Its really no different than wall street colapsing the economy for the sake of short term profits and bonuses.

Everybody wants to get theirs while they can and to hell wiith everything and everyone else.

Lets kill the goose that will lay the golden eggs for infinity, for a nice "Roasted Goose" dinner today.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I love Ron Paul and would vote for him again but I wont have a chance. The game is rigged and he is not part of the riggers unfortunately - that is the very thing that people recognize about him and admire him for. He is up against dogs that would slit thier own mother's throat to get another vote and he is just not that type of person - he actually cares about things too much and that is his downfall, not because of him but because the majority of Americans aren't ready for the reality he speaks. Perhaps they will be ready by the time they are standing in a line for soup...hell that time might even be before the election so who knows? Right on OP - nice post.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Ron Paul- Great man who uses a lot of common sense.

However, I have a big question about him running for President.

If Ron Paul can't get his fellow Congressmen and women to see the light, how will he make basically the same Congress see the light if he became president?

Very good point Jam. It seems like the rest of congress is working at a much different frequency then that of Ron Paul. They live in this world where everything is going to be just fine while the direction the country is headed is towards the toilet.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ron Paul has been spot on for quite sometime. i highly recommend his books End the Fed, and Revolution, a manifesto. in both books, he hits all the talking points and makes some serious suggestions that would " fix " an already broken system.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yeah, great another fascist. Cooperative programs are what will happen, with or without money. No one can take care of themselves. Women died by the scores in childbirth, lifesaving operations. No one should have to pay hundreds of thousands for treatments. Medical treatments for the rich sold as responsibility!!!!

The best countries in the world have good medical programs.

What a joke. He hates collectivity.

The trillions to the bankers and the wars are the problem. social spending is peanuts and the very reason for taxes. I support venus project grass roots run, no money, but not dog eat dog have and have not style, it would wed collectivity and freedom as things should be.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Like I said, some people can see the train, some people are running right into it, You are a perfect example of the latter.
edit on 28-4-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

No, some people don't see a train at all. The world isn't black and white. Some people see it a different way. Those societies which are collectivist tend to survive for longer.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Correct. If I properly understood you, the statist/interventionists would prefer to go onward blindly, lobbying for programs that are nothing more than a burden on the taxpayer. Meanwhile, the proverbial " train " is headed straight for them, never fully realizing the consequences of their misdeeds.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by antonia

Correct. If I properly understood you, the statist/interventionists would prefer to go onward blindly, lobbying for programs that are nothing more than a burden on the taxpayer. Meanwhile, the proverbial " train " is headed straight for them, never fully realizing the consequences of their misdeeds.

Uh no, you need to read what Unity wrote to understand it. Statism doesn't even apply in that setup. There is no money, there is no state, there is simply humanity.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
rollback bush tax cuts
bring troops home
reduce military budget by 50%

problem solved

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

i understand what you saying, but the problem is, there is money. Its being printed as we speak, created out of thin air. Why do you think all the continued lobbying for funds is still under way.

* regardless though, cut military spending by 50%
* eradicate all Unconstitutional social welfare programs
* stop being world police
* put our LEA's in check ( they simply bust anyone for revenue generating measures )
* bring the troops home, and implement them on the southern border for defense measures as the Constitution states.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by antonia

i understand what you saying, but the problem is, there is money.

I think Unity was saying that is the problem. The issue here is I am not think in in the current paradigm at all. I am thinking of a very different and new one. You simply cannot put yourself in it. We can not come to any understanding.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
rollback bush tax cuts
bring troops home

problem solved

I strongly agree with 2 out of 3.
End wars and reduce military budget. I am in the National Guard and by having a part time military for some parts of our military saves a ton. It just doesn't work well when you have a back door draft for a decade worth of wars.

Can't get on board with rolling back tax cuts. There is no proof it provides jobs and as a small buiz owner I can tell you that if the work is there you hire (reguardless if you as the owner make more money), if you pay less in taxes you buy stuff or travel. No creation. That idea is a bigger scam than the FED.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

That guy is an idiot.

IIRC, he was making fun of Palin. He said she couldn't talk right, but then he refers to her as a man.

Now, I'm not saying I support Palin or anybody else. I'm just saying that if you want to make fun of someone's grammar your own grammar better be impeccable.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Of course the dollar is going down!Did you think they made the amero for nothing?

Why is it when they make cuts,it usually only effects the people struggling to make ends meet?

And I wouldn't call that angry lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is why I love Ron Paul. A touch of common sense. He understands the larger issue, and also is willing to recognize that you cannot just cut off medicare and social security without returning the people to sound honest money. If we turn our back on our own people while supplying aide to foreign nations then we deserve to spiral down as a nation into the abyss. Ideally, there should be not state sponsored welfare, except in extreme cases that are temporary in nature (eg. natural disasters). But to shut off the life-line of help to poor, further debasing the purchasing power of the dollar and spreading money all over the world is a recipe to bring down a nation.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

Originally posted by SaturnFX
rollback bush tax cuts
bring troops home

problem solved

I strongly agree with 2 out of 3.
End wars and reduce military budget. I am in the National Guard and by having a part time military for some parts of our military saves a ton. It just doesn't work well when you have a back door draft for a decade worth of wars.

Can't get on board with rolling back tax cuts. There is no proof it provides jobs and as a small buiz owner I can tell you that if the work is there you hire (reguardless if you as the owner make more money), if you pay less in taxes you buy stuff or travel. No creation. That idea is a bigger scam than the FED.

Just looking at pre-bush era economy in general...it was working fine

As far as a argument on how it is a job creator...well, rich people, contrary to belief, do not create jobs. companys do.
a company that has to consider taxes taken out of profits will take that money to expand verses cash out...creating more jobs.
I won't go too much into the principles of rewarding expansion and stinging cashouts, I am sure you can understand the concept without all the details being laid out.

so, I stick with the 3
military budget, although exceptionally large, is not the only thing keeping the budget bloated...

And finally, there actually does need to be regulation of commerce (redistrubution of wealth)...else given another 50-100 years, all the wealth of the nation will be held by about 2-3 corporations.
Capitalism should not be mistaken with corporatism.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
Of course the dollar is going down!Did you think they made the amero for nothing?

Why is it when they make cuts,it usually only effects the people struggling to make ends meet?

And I wouldn't call that angry lol.

You do realize that the "amero ' isn't real right?

Finally, the “amero” – a shared currency for the three nations. This component is the least likely of the three, as there is no reliable evidence that a unitary continental currency is on the horizon. However, a savvy conspiracy theorist might suggest that the NAFTA Superhighway is Step 1, the NAU Step 2, and the amero the third and final step of tri-national merger.

Thus, why should there be much evidence for the amero’s existence at this point? The term “amero” was coined (no pun intended) in 1999 by Canadian economist Herbert Grubel. Grubel did manage to interest then-Mexican President Vicente Fox in the idea but could get no traction in the U.S. or especially in his native Canada [source]. Thus, the amero is strictly theoretical…

www.citizeneconomists.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul is too honest and straight-shooting to ever become President.

The Party Bosses will never, ever alllow it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul will get spinned to death. The Media, much like in the video, will focus on how he wants to end, phase out, medicare and social security. As if that is top priority. They will have armies of 50+ zombies asking for his head.
I think if he had the chance (and he stated it on the view) he would march us right out of every war and cut military and foriegn aid. That in and of it self would give Medicare and Social Security a nice little buffer in time as he focused on a phase out plan.

I think the greatest problem or country is facing is our lack of education and focusing of or future (children). I don't however think that is up to the Federal Government though. No kid left behind is destroying us from the youth up.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

Its already begun: "Ron Paul: If elected president, I'd kill Medicare and Social Security". That is the really big headline on the front of Raw Story, an alternative liberal news site. If RS is already at it, rest assured the bigger networks, including Fox will be all over it too.

--airspoon

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join