It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stunning pictures of completely uncontacted tribe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

Survival's Director Stephen Corry said 'The illegal loggers will destroy this tribe. It's vital that the Peruvian government stop them before time runs out. The people in these photos are self-evidently healthy and thriving. What they need from us is their territory protected, so that they can make their own choices about their future.'

While I agree they should decide their own future, i'm not sure whether I think we should contact them or not. One one hand it would be a shame to watch them turn into fat, whiny, people with severe ADD which would most likely happen to the majority of them if they modernized, I don't think it's right to let them live in ignorance completely oblivious to the world either. They probably think the planes are gods or something.

I think to truly decide their own future they should know whats out there and what they need to decide about.

Do you think they should be contacted? Why or why not?

edit on 27-4-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is soooo old news. However, are they uncontacted. Look at one of the children. She carries a machete!

There is also a metal cooking pot there.

You want to learn about untouched peoples (though they have scavenged metal too) go to the island of North Sentinel in Indonesia . They have repelled vistors for melenia. They are the most remote in the world yet so close to mainstream civilisation (40 miles).
edit on 27-4-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Well the pics were released about 3 months ago, and while it may be old to you, i'm sure it's not to everyone.

As far as the machete, and cooking pots thats a good point. Think they could have traded with a contacted tribe?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I think to truly decide their own future they should know whats out there and what they need to decide about.

well when you say it like THAT! I guess we SHOULD take these people away and let them explore the world.
Why not? They're obviously idiots that don't know left from right. They don't know how to navigate so they run in circles all day, no wonder they don't know what else is out there. Or maybe they are happy with the lives they all live.
Why is there a need to modernize everything? Why do we always need to be selfish and throw our own options at other people?
I wish I were in that tribe, this world is reaaallly starting to bug me.
edit on 27-4-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I've seen two sets of pictures like this here. One turned out to be a hoax, proved by people in the photo's with clothing and implements that were modern and one was real. I think these are from the hoax.

As I recall the hoax was from some save the world group that could not get any real pictures, so they staged the photo's and got caught.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Looks to me like the guy in the second picture is talking on a cellphone...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

UPDATE: A number of readers have cast doubt on the veracity of the photographs - perhaps best summed up by this comment from allcarfan:
These are the same photos that were showed two years ago that were proven to be FAKE!!!
A set of photographs of the tribe were indeed published by msnbc.com and others in May 2008. However, the images above - which were made available to the media for the first time yesterday - are not the same photographs. A Survival International spokesperson has just confirmed to me that the images were taken in June 2010. For the sake of clarity and accuracy, I have therefore updated the title of this post to say Newly-released photos rather than New photos.
The controversy over the 2008 pictures was sparked by an article in The Observer headlined Secret of the "lost" tribe that wasn't. Later in 2008, Stephen Pritchard, that newspaper's readers' editor, wrote a follow-up piece in which he said the original article had misrepresented the situation.

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

Read the link.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I thought that too. Must have Verizon, because at&t wouldn't work out there.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It would be interesting to have a conversation with these people. I wonder what they would think of the modern world if you could show them?

As interesting as contact would be, I think that they should be left alone to live in peace.

I find myself envious of their lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I've seen two sets of pictures like this here. One turned out to be a hoax, proved by people in the photo's with clothing and implements that were modern and one was real. I think these are from the hoax.

As I recall the hoax was from some save the world group that could not get any real pictures, so they staged the photo's and got caught.

Haudi all

I saw these too a couple years ago, same images, from memory proven to be a fake. I swear Its these images, these are not new images....

Here is the 2008 image... Same red body paint??
Fake lost tribe image 2008

have the best day

themuse

edit on 27/4/2011 by themuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This isn't new to me, but cheers for posting it so others may hear of it too. Conservation of remote areas like this is not soley for the benefit of animals and plants, but for other humans as well. I dare say that extensive deforestation of these areas is akin to a massive human rights violation.

Try telling that to the U.N.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I don't think it's right to let them live in ignorance

Why is their “ignorance” of a greater “ignorance” than yours? They don’t have a 9-digit slave number such as your own.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Great pics,,but there is something in the first pic that begs for question...Where did the little fellow get a knife made from metal? How would they learn to melt metals the right way to make a metal strong enough for it to be used? You have to melt different types of metal to strengthen most raw ore.And there are many difficult steps in the process...just a question.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominus1

Hey man, he probably found it or traded with another tribe for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by daggyz

Well the pics were released about 3 months ago, and while it may be old to you, i'm sure it's not to everyone.

As far as the machete, and cooking pots thats a good point. Think they could have traded with a contacted tribe?

3 months? More like 3 years.

Try searching sometime www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rktspc

Try reading the link
These are not the same images!

I said stunning pictures, didn't talk about the tribe just being discovered. If your gonna come on and derail my thread. At least actually have a valid point.

The pics came out a few months ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Though I see this thread going in an odd direction, I did want to say that this reminded me of a commercial a couple of years back, where people that never ate fast food before, we asked on t.v mind you to taste and give an opinion between a McDonalds burger and Burger King.

I felt so bad for them, to be taken first taken from where they were, place their faces on t.v, where I am sure they got paid close to nothing, and then given a highly processed food. I cannot find the video ( I am still looking), but they look like less fortunate people, that didn't even know how to hold the burger.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Hunter gatherers work less than us, live nearly as long as us, do what they want, have close human bonds.........yeah, they really dont seem to be suffering all that much to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by rktspc

Try reading the link
These are not the same images!
I said stunning pictures, didn't talk about the tribe just being discovered. If your gonna come on and derail my thread. At least actually have a valid point.

The pics came out a few months ago.

Just because a new source decides to re-publish old pictures does NOT render them new or "stunning."

You should have searched before wasting most members' time.
edit on 27-4-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

[iI don't think it's right to let them live in ignorance completely oblivious to the world either.

Why not? They have been doing fine so far. What would they need to know in order to help them live their lives? All about Kate and William? Who's winning Dancing with the Stars?

top topics

join