It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready people....The big one is coming,...very soon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just wanted to give people a heads up, who might not necessarily think that a big Earthquake is going to hit California....

I don't know if anyone's seen this map lately, but,.... it seems to me that the amount of earthquakes and their magnitude is increasing.... Day by day...

This is not a good sign, it's going to continue to build up, we're going to watch this happen.

And then, well, the big one's gonna hit...

No one can say they didn't know....

This is serious and it's going to happen.

It'll build up, and eventually hit the 9 range in magnitude..

I personally, am making a prediction that it will be a 9.4....

But! There will be some 7's and 8's before that happens.

All I'm saying is get ready and watch out!

5.6 in Mexico, 4.3 in Nevada,......They keep getting bigger, doesn't anybody understand how these patterns work!?

Oh yeah! We're on ATS and mad people on here know this!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I watch dutchsinse quite often, and the passed few months the earthquakes all over are ramping up, and Japan just wont quiet down. Looks like something is brewing around the USA lately, new madrid, California coastline up to Victoria Canada, or around florida coast.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You are correct...I believe California or the New Madrid Fault by May 30th, 2011.....Seems every where except Calif. and the New Madrid has been hit with a big one..It is and has been raining like hell all over the New Madrid these past 10 days...Much, much added weight to that area...Your corrupt government is doing their exercise along the fault line next month which should be watched very, very closely....They just love to KILL during one of their exercises........

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Do you mean geologically speaking very soon? because thats like a couple thousand years.

Making a prediction of an earthquake isn't easy, and much more likely to be wrong. As for California, it's just a matter of time. No one knows when it's going to happen, and there are hundreds if not thousands of scientists monitoring seismic activity. I'm sure we'll hear something if it's noteworthy.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Fifty plus years of exposure to sensationalistic news has created a dependency situation, apparently, whereby people crave some earth-shaking event in preference to just getting on with their humdrum lives

When in truth, most people have a far greater chance of being in a car or other accident than of witnessing a massive earthquake

but hey,

don't want to rain on anyone's headline-seeking thread

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HippieKiller
Do you mean geologically speaking very soon? because thats like a couple thousand years.

Making a prediction of an earthquake isn't easy, and much more likely to be wrong. As for California, it's just a matter of time. No one knows when it's going to happen, and there are hundreds if not thousands of scientists monitoring seismic activity. I'm sure we'll hear something if it's noteworthy.

Sometimes you just know. It's a gut feeling we all have.

Japan starting rumbling a week before and many people just knew what was going to happen. Myself included.

I know it ain't science but if animals 'just know', then humans have the same ability.

Of course these gut feelings aren't always correct, but the science of predicting EQ's doesn't have a perfect track record either.

IMO.

Appreciate your stance on it as well.

edit on 27-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
You are correct...I believe California or the New Madrid Fault by May 30th, 2011.....Seems every where except Calif. and the New Madrid has been hit with a big one..It is and has been raining like hell all over the New Madrid these past 10 days...Much, much added weight to that area...Your corrupt government is doing their exercise along the fault line next month which should be watched very, very closely....They just love to KILL during one of their exercises........

I agree, as does Edgar Caycee who forsaw the future of the US many years ago after violent seismic activty reshapes the North American land mass:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Fifty plus years of exposure to sensationalistic news has created a dependency situation, apparently, whereby people crave some earth-shaking event in preference to just getting on with their humdrum lives

When in truth, most people have a far greater chance of being in a car or other accident than of witnessing a massive earthquake

but hey,

don't want to rain on anyone's headline-seeking thread

Sir, you have summed up contemporary nihlists and conspiracy loons more succinctly than anyone i've ever heard.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have been watching the USGS earthquake site for several years now. Just a couple of years back there was a swarm at Yellowstone that had everybody worried and FEMA was getting ready to start planning for the worst. Then it quieted down. Then there was a quake in the Baja California Mexico area that generated hundreds of aftershocks a day for over a month before it too quieted down.

This is the usual pattern, but the number and diversity of quakes has ramped up considerably in the last few months. As bad as the Japan quake and aftershocks were they are also starting to quiet down slowly but surely.This is a very regular cycle and I doubt that anyone will accurately predict any of the "big ones" except by pure dumb luck. Only time will tell if the recent increase in activity all over the world is just another blip in the cycle or the harbinger of things to come.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

You hit the nail on the head! The earth goes through cycles.... And those cycles do include big earthquakes! Nobody can say that it's not gonna happen, because whether we like it or not, mother earth will cleanse herself! This cleansing process is happening as we speak, little by little. It's nature, it's life!

And as far as my prediction goes, I was told that number through telepathy... I could be wrong, like many others have been as well, but it's all good.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Do you have any idea how many thousands of times there have been swarms of earthquakes in California for months on end then they just died down again?

What expertise are you applying to this situation that will make it any different than those other times.

Sorry but looking at a chart doesn't give you the knowledge to predict earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow this thread is scary.
But seriously,. at the end of March Jim the usetobe Geologist
said a big quake was comin to the west coast,. based on info he had gathered
Didnt happen.
then Comet Elenin was to be aligning with earth, ... cause it did it before,. and .. nothing
swarms come and go,. simple,. AS I to have been watching this for some time,.
Everybody seems to have become predictors of doom lately..
People who claim they have a "Feeling",. well maybe it is just indigestion,. Take some tums
and post in the morning.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There are about 3 different threads on here of earthquake or volcano predictions I can think of just off the top of my head that haven't come true. Hi true american lol

So don't worry they cannot be predicted and there is nothing that will indicate when a big quake is pending.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath

Originally posted by Caji316

I agree, as does Edgar Caycee who forsaw the future of the US many years ago after violent seismic activty reshapes the North American land mass:

To the point where land becomes scarce, people die, and we will say (not to the ones that say I told you so) "I didn't know.

However, we are different. We have the greatest weapon of all: knowledge. And no one can take it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

This is a discussion board, and not an academic one. It is not required that posters be experts. One assumes that the people that frequent this forum are aware of recent developments. There have been numerous threads that support, with sound sources, that the big one is indeed coming. There have been a few recent tv documentaries about it. All Mainstream. The government is flat-out warning people to prepare for a big one. The big one is probably going to begin with a swarm of activity. And so we watch. And we discuss. I appreciate the discussion. If you don't, then perhaps you should find another thread. Or at least learn to disagree without being so ill-mannered.

You don't need to be an expert to put 2 and 2 together.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Get ready people....The big one is coming,...very soon...

Considering 'soon' is a relative term, I agree 100%.

Of and also consider we have only been monitoring activity in the USA since we stole it, then we may not have enough historical data to speculate.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingthing
reply to post by kro32

This is a discussion board, and not an academic one. It is not required that posters be experts. One assumes that the people that frequent this forum are aware of recent developments. There have been numerous threads that support, with sound sources, that the big one is indeed coming. There have been a few recent tv documentaries about it. All Mainstream. The government is flat-out warning people to prepare for a big one. The big one is probably going to begin with a swarm of activity. And so we watch. And we discuss. I appreciate the discussion. If you don't, then perhaps you should find another thread. Or at least learn to disagree without being so ill-mannered.

You don't need to be an expert to put 2 and 2 together.

Actually when it comes to earthquakes there is no 2 and 2 to put together. They can happen without any warning whatsoever and most usually do. There have been many topics on this here lately and not a single one of them has any valid source of predicting earthquakes because there is no way to do it.

Every single thread is nothing more than people studying the usgs charts and looking at current earthquakes. There is no way to discern future events from that. If it was possible all geology centers in the world would have earthquake warning systems.

If they can't do it than do you think someone untrained is going to be able to predict one.

Also my point is not derail threads but merely to bring more evidence to the table that alot of people are not aware of. If some people get upset when I introduce logic into their thread than they are free to move on.

You put stuff up here like this though and I will completely debunk it every single time

new topics

top topics

join