It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vagabond is getting back on the road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am subject to regular irregularities- I can generally expect to find myself on an adventure every eight to eighteen months- someone will need their car stolen back from a dope fiend, or be.stranded broke and barefoot in Bullhead, or the hiding in the desert with abusive cops looking for them for no good reason, and also I will go across the southern california freeways without much money or chance of success, until some how things work out. I've come to enjoy and take pride in these ventures and if I can ever get some piece of writing done about them they may actually pay off.

it's been a while since the last 1 though. it seems the problems of this new decade are not solluble by mere presence and force of will. The problems of the last 18 months have come to me and did not give up when I came after them. But they are slowly working out. I have a humble paycheck which I stretch better than most and can loan the occasional 20 bucks from, and a few others in my clan have done as well- its an odd kind of stability for a group of people who rode a vrry unstable prosperity for a very long time and then did quite a bit of laughing on the way down. Its been driving me sane and quieting my mind, killing my writing and making me doubt much.

but the 18 month mark Has come and the pattern continues in a way that may have something to do with this new decade and its idiosyncrasies. normal object of my rescue missions who perhaps should remain nameless for change, has actually become the bastion of stability for moment and perhaps or brightest bit of hope- but as usual she is over the horizon- some 700 miles this time- and she has gas money. so i'm getting back on the road, as a sort of karmic payment for dollars, miles, hours, grit and sheer scumbag audacity. I will have four days off, a fully insured rental car, gasmoney, and evensome entertainment budget. The objective is entirely up
to me and does not have to be accomplished, so if things get heavy I will probably just walk away and have a beer and come back when the problemis gone... Actuallt that doesnt sound like me but I have that option.

At the end of the day its just a joy ride from the mojave through the bay area and on to the oregon border then back, with a brief crash in on someone who in 2008, I figuredwould be a jane doe by now- but its what I do and im doing it a new way, may 19-22, and I am thrilled with the possibilities.

I plan to spend a few hours digging frisco and berkley on the 19 on the way up,and I might be around Humbolt State friday, so if any atsers know what is not to be missed up yhere, let me know.

Sorry for typos. Mobile

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Be safe in your travels and have a good time.

Trowa

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I'd take some time to sense the energies of Mt. Shasta and surrounding areas. I hitched from SLO to Idaho last summer and I felt some big presence(s) around the mountain. Other than that, I'd be down to get lost just about anywhere in norcal - its beautiful.

Seeya on the trails

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Two weeks from departure now. Alas shasta will be too far inland. Its looking like the main stop will be san francisco and possibly berkley. The last time I was there I had no wheels and almost no money- it was almost a complete letdown. I was impressed with their newspapers compared to what I see back home, and I liked just the ride through, and there were a couple of local commodoties available at better quality for a lower price, but most of my time was spent at a motel in south frisco where luckily there was a party crowd one night. I'm anxious to actually get around and see where things actually happened and see whats happening now though.

new topics

top topics

join