It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke Speaks- *Prepare For Hyperinflation*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It actually ended the recession in 2003.

That's a lie, it didn't end the recession. The Bush stimulus package just masked over it, creating this depression we're seeing now.

Saying that war benefits the economy is as stupid as politicians trying to simulate the economy.

link

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
DP.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I agree with you that the Bush plan simply masked the economic woes and let them simmer on a back burner until the pot boiled over...but, the whole theory of capitalism does lend itself to a good war every now and again. While I am not advocating war the simple reasoning is that
1. Unemployed become employed as soldiers (draft required really and we didn't do that)
2. Soldiers die so there are less unemployed.
3. Spoils of war (which we no longer take *really*, yes that is a heavily qualified response.

It was easier to see during Feudal Times and second and third sons. There wasn't anything for them to inherit so off they wentto war. If they won. Excellent. New land for them and the crown. If they died. Fewer people at home squabbling over limited resources. TPTB have always had reasons for war that include crowd control and wealth.
It sounds so callous because it is!

Basically everything (religion, economics, government) has become so buffet style that there are really fewer and fewer ways to determine which systems work which ways and what would work now. We are trying everything and nothing all at the same time. Bernanke is a scholar of Depression Era Economics. That would seem to be good. But, at the same time he was "lent" to Japan for the Asian crisis of the late 90's and then they experienced their lost generation of no growth.

I will not really pretend to have an answer. But man, I wish we would do something. And, preferably something that didn't include a (yet another) war. The last one wasn't played by capitalist rules and hurt us politically and economically.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join