It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened in Wisconsin?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Honest question; couldn't find much via Google.

I thought this was it.. the beginning.. soon other state/city/federal workers would hoard and board themselves into town/city halls across the U.S demanding more benefits, alternate positions and pay raises but it went from the biggest news in the country to not even a thread on ATS about it, which is bad lol.

So what happened?
Did they just up and leave willingly?
Were their demands met?
Did the police disperse tear gas?
Cut off water supply to the building?
edit on 27-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Honest question; couldn't find much via Google.

I thought this was it.. the beginning.. soon other state/city/federal workers would hoard and board themselves into town/city halls across the U.S demanding more benefits, alternate positions and pay raises but it went from the biggest news in the country to not even a thread on ATS about it, which is bad lol.

So what happened?
Did they just up and leave willingly?
Were their demands met?
Did the police disperse tear gas?
Cut off water supply to the building?
edit on 27-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

yea, MSN is great in not keeping up with the follow up's. I'm seeing alot of this lately actually, big boom and then hush hush ..

So, refresh our memory, & confirm for me.. if I touch on it..

Wasn't Wisconsin the HUGE protest against the union and the police took the protesters side.. if that is true.. your absolutely on the right track..

It would be awesome to get some ground support from Wisconsin on this ..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I live in Madison Wisconsin, the city where the main protests took place, so I've been following the labor movement going on down there substantially.

The protests just slowly died down, I'm assuming that people stop thinking that protesting could make a difference and started focusing their efforts on recalling the republican senators eligible for recall. Maybe people eventually got tired of them. My guess is probably as good as yours.

There's still small protests going on around the state that attract a small number of people, but like I stated before the numbers have dwindled.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Synthx because: Minor grammer correction, deleted an extra space.

join