It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: Britain 'may have to look at’ deploying ground troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Libya : Britain 'may have to look at’ deploying ground troops

Britain “may have to look at” deploying ground troops in the Libya campaign in order to establish safe havens for civilians, Liam Fox has said.

Fears of a humanitarian crisis have grown as food imports into Libya’s rebel-held east have been hit while the National Transitional Council struggles to establish lines of credit and foreign traders fear they will not be paid.

The British government plans on sending British troops under the cover of a manufactured humanitarian crisis, this will really make the Russians upset if Britain does this then you could say WW3.

This is isn't looking good.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

i knew that since the start. But what Russia can really do....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
knew already that the UK has ground troops IN libya..

still pist at governments as we fight al-quada in afghanistan yet we support them in said libya..

i mean WTF???????
trust a polititian to not tell you the truth...

(i know.. spelling but hey.. )

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe

i knew that since the start. But what Russia can really do....

well for a start they liberate some parts of western and eastern eupore, afterall all those countries leaders in the east of eupore are backed and controlled by Washington aren't they?

As for libya Russia could send a navy fleet in west libya to protect the civilians and the government and east libya to destroy the rebels in one place, i just dont what Russia is waiting for.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Those of us that have stated this the day it started were hassled and I find it interesting that as "crazy" and "loony" as my world view is - it is constantly able to predict what will happen. If our worldviews were wrong then how come we can so accurately decipher the truth behind the statements of our leaders?

Obama said in his speech on Libya last Monday that “America’s role would be limited” and he “would not put ground troops”

We immediately translated that - War on March 19th (same as Iraq War) = Pagan Sacrifice and Obama Doctrine in 2009 Expanding Justification for Wars = MIddle East War / War on Terrorism v2.0.

So obviously the purpose is to have bases in Libya and control its resources and to do, given that they'd let the rebels get beaten would mean boots on the ground.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Special Forces have been on the ground for months and we sent over an assortment of officers to assist the side we are supporting in this civil war.

This really Pees me off, but I am not surprised that they are considering this. I mean have you seen the mess that is being made in Misratah? NATO's involvement has just increased the resolve of Gadaffi's supporters imo, and they have dug such an hole, that they can't get out of it.

It won't happen until after Friday though.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by believer74

Yeah SAS been there ages if not in there in safe zone ready to deploy..think UN force or ANU will go in then in that mandate SPECIAL FORCES will be helped by the armed force to do clandestine operations ya can write the rest your selfs.Closer intel for ground forces and air forces ..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have been deeply worried that our (UK) treaty with France had a deeper/wider meaning.. which seems to be being born out in Libya.

I mean how many times over the last few centuries has Britain signed a military treaty with either France or Germany that has not ended in a wider/bigger conflict (7 years war.. WW1 etc and even Constantine the Great used the Armies of Britain and Gaul to reunite the fractured Roman Empire)

Dodgy times ahead...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We all have at least one dream

Mine is that one day in the not too distant future, the heads of the UK armed forces will turn as one against the scum currently destroying the United Kingdom, rather than obeying orders to kill overseas

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
wouldn't it be better if we sent the penpushers in whitehall over there?
or if wars were still fought by the leaders of the countries?
OR.. picture this.. camoron and gadaffy(duck) fighting in the playground.. lol
sorry..

top topics

join