It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America breaks the debt ceiling TOMORROW... for real now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I had enough about the ceiling, keep thinking about that song
The roof
the roof
is on fire
the roof
the roof
is on fire
let that ---- burn !

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

You want it to collapse? Your tired of this stupid country? but you don't want anybody to get "violent" right? Because everyone is just so material you know? like far out! Saying you "want it to collapse" is like going out in the woods and hand feeding a 2000 lb grizzly bear PB&J sandwiches! Talking about a world of hurt! If you want it to collapse, by extension you want to see people suffer (Like they aren't already!) So grab your wonder bread, your peanut butter and your jelly and go hide in the woods because if there is a collapse, it WILL be stupid, and lots and lots of people WILL get hurt. Pretty stupid Huh? Be carefull what you wish for because if you haven't figured it out, the Universe has a pretty twisted sense of humor, some people even call it Karma!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well the auction was NOT GOOD.

Results of USD 29bln 7y note auction

FIXED INCOME

- Yield 2.712% vs. Exp. 2.698%
- B/c 2.63 vs. Avg. 2.80 (Prev. 2.79)
- Indirect 39.1% vs. Avg. 51.45% (Prev. 49.31%)
- Allotted at high 22.94%

All of it is not good. Yield going up, but not that much means that QE2 IS NOT WORKING as intended...

And foreigners who buy US debt are losing appetite...

And now it's official, America has broken the debt ceiling. But it will only be official next tuesday.

Foreigners losing interest on buying debt means that if QE2 wouldn't have existed right now, only 39% of US debt would have been sold... or yields would have skyrocketed.

So...either Bernanke does QE3... or yields are skyrocketing...
edit on 28-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Have no fear the New World Order will save you...

But be patient, they just need a li bit more money first..

Tell them to call Bernake, I hear he's giving away free money to people that don't need it

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid

You want it to collapse? Your tired of this stupid country? but you don't want anybody to get "violent" right? Because everyone is just so material you know? like far out! Saying you "want it to collapse" is like going out in the woods and hand feeding a 2000 lb grizzly bear PB&J sandwiches! Talking about a world of hurt! If you want it to collapse, by extension you want to see people suffer (Like they aren't already!) So grab your wonder bread, your peanut butter and your jelly and go hide in the woods because if there is a collapse, it WILL be stupid, and lots and lots of people WILL get hurt. Pretty stupid Huh? Be carefull what you wish for because if you haven't figured it out, the Universe has a pretty twisted sense of humor, some people even call it Karma!

I can see what you mean,

But I still stand by what I said. This world isn't supposed to be this way, and everyone in it is getting manipulated. you know this, I know this, and TPTB know this. There will be rough times, but things always have to get worse before they get better.

I know haw bad it will be, but it will be good for the human race.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn

If your tired of this country pick a new one!
Babye

Also, there isn't much of a way for a sixteen year old to leave the United States!
Haha, I would love to though. There are much nicer people I hear..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So what happened finally? Did it effectively collapse? What do you mean by "official only by Tuesday"?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
So what happened finally? Did it effectively collapse? What do you mean by "official only by Tuesday"?

Well the US has broken the debt ceiling. Now. But they will only make it official when they do the ``official maths`` tuesday.

So I would not expect an ``official statement`` before tuesday. I would expect the propaganda about raising the debt ceiling or default (total lie) to be cranked up starting this week end.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well tomorrow has came and went and they did not raise the debt ceiling but they will. They dont have a choice. They do it every year.... Man I feel sorry for the next generation!!

P.S I starred and flagged your thread yesterday,, a wake up call.

edit on 29-4-2011 by wonderworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I had enough about the ceiling, keep thinking about that song
The roof
the roof
is on fire
the roof
the roof
is on fire
let that ---- burn !

That is so funny, I think of the song up on the roof, not especially the one you mention. We are keeping the debt ceiling (up on the roof) Yes the roof is hot on fire. I think we need a politician like you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So what will happen on Tuesday if they don't raise the debt ceiling? Will the dollar suddenly crumble?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Can I ask what your solution would be?

Like the other person replied back, Is this natural? Or feel right to you? Usually, things have to get worse before they get better...

I dont want violence to break out either, but of course it will when 95% of america realizes they dont have any water and rush to the store... Thats why we need to educate people on whats coming, and to atleast get a few month stash of food and water to hold tight and let things settle... that amount of food and water isnt hard to attain, even on low wages...

We need to start getting back to our natural roots, living within nature and being self sustainable, either with your family, or within a community, we dont need all this big business, meaningless jobs while other jobs are sent over seas...

smash ur cell phone or get rid of your cable, and buy food/water with that money instead... you dont need that stuff, food and water you do need

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
So what will happen on Tuesday if they don't raise the debt ceiling? Will the dollar suddenly crumble?

Probably gonna take a hit... maybe even reach the floor of 70.69... if it goes below that, watch out. That would happen in a ``sane`` market...

But since this market is highly controlled, I don't expect much of it.

Well tomorrow has came and went and they did not raise the debt ceiling but they will. They dont have a choice.

They do have a choice. Do no raise the debt ceiling : NO DEFICIT... which is what is needed.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I see people are forgetting these words of wisdom from "former" senator obama.

Here are Obama’s thoughts on the debt limit in 2006, when he voted against increasing the ceiling:
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better

In 2007 and in 2008, when the Senate voted to increase the limit by $850 billion and $800 billion respectively, Obama did not bother to vote. (He did vote for TARP, which increased the debt limit by $700 billion.)

Wonder why the press seems to of forgotten these brave words from then senator obama. They seem to ring pretty true of today. The failure of leadership part hits pretty close don't it?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well...guess how this will go tomorrow in the News? Big Headline in every News "Obama killed" and in small Letters somewhere way down on every Site reads "Oh by the way,the US has defaulted...but Osama is still dead,so all is good,party away"

What a great Distraction

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Well...guess how this will go tomorrow in the News? Big Headline in every News "Obama killed" and in small Letters somewhere way down on every Site reads "Oh by the way,the US has defaulted...but Osama is still dead,so all is good,party away"

What a great Distraction

Yep. Should be tomorrow in the news... and yep Osama being dead sure is a great distraction.

Also going in the news tonight...SKorea does live fire drills on the border with NKorea... so maybe even another distraction there.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

There is more...they are probably gonna blow up the New Madrid Fault tomorrow Thread here ...and if that doesn´t work,they still can do another False Flag...ya know,like blowing up Nukes as revenge for "Killing" Osama...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
As Treasury Is Set To Issue $32 Billion In Bonds Tomorrow, Boehner Says No Debt Ceiling Raise Without Trillions In Cuts

While DC may continue playing its debt ceiling soap opera, crunch time for the Treasury is approaching as the first of three auctions is on deck: the first one for $32 billion in 3 Year Notes. The total raised will be $72 billion without any offsets from maturities. Elsewhere, the Treasury will catch a $16 billion break after it settles $100 billion in Bill maturities offset by $84 billion in new issuance, yet still the net total of $56 billion in new debt seems to be a slight problem since as of Friday, there was just $23 billion in total capacity under the debt ceiling. Granted, the Treasury has already announced it is commencing the tapering off of other debt programs such as the State and Local Government (SLGs) which however will have at most $5-10 billion in favorable impact per month. It is also cutting its debt issuance forecast in half, likely due to an expectation of maturing old Bills without rolling these, a feat which will consume all if not more of the $108.9 billion in total cash available at the Treasury.

Geithner said August uh? No way the treasury makes it to August without a deb ceiling increase.

We'll probably see some interest rate going up in the bond market or some ``flash crash`` to scare the people into accepting a fast debt ceiling raise ``to reassure the investors`` or some BS like that.... while cutting nothing.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I cannot create a new thread but here is why the US DOLLAR is WEAK.

US and China agreed to weaken the us dollar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join