It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin- Massive object coming in towards us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This Elenin has put doubts in all of Nibiru believers and physicians. Fresh news are here now, putting more doubts i think :
______beforeitsnews/story/587/964/ELENIN_-_MASSIVE_OBJECT_COMIN%E2%80%8BG_IN_TOWARDS_US.html

Nasa has doubts since many thing happen in our solar system : new planets ? new comet ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

After read this, i conclude there is something approaching our sun or many things : but i don't know what exactly because it's too far this time. It's really strange.

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Read the article, but my understanding is you can not see a brown dwarf, it emits no light, not even on infra red.

I could be wrong, Nice images anyway.

Pax

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

After read this, i conclude there is something approaching our sun or many things : but i don't know what exactly because it's too far this time. It's really strange.

The sun's gravity is what draws in objects like Elenin in.

Many get sucked into the sun...

Like these two:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

imagine that the sun is swallowing a bigger object...
(nice video)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Read the article, but my understanding is you can not see a brown dwarf, it emits no light, not even on infra red.

Yes and no. As a brown dwarf ages it loses luminosity. The older and cooler it gets (when it becomes hard to distinguish it being a brown dwarf or a planet) it becomes dark. They still put out x-rays and can be detected in infrared until they cool to the point of becoming planet like.

We would, however, be able to tell what is coming from the effects it has on other planetary bodies. eleinin is not a massive object at all.

If the current planet x / nibiru/ brown dwarf timeline (the newest, there have been plenty of revisions as dates have passed with no disaster) then we'd be able to see and detect it by now.
edit on 27-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thank you for clearing that up for me. You have made me much more comfortable about the whole brown dwarf thing. i appreciate your time.

Pax

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
why didnt you just add your link to the existing thread? you havent actually added anything different from it, apart from your opinion..
pointless starting a new thread.. especially as the other thread is still live and was posted less than an hour ago..
edit on 27/4/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Thank you for clearing that up for me. You have made me much more comfortable about the whole brown dwarf thing. i appreciate your time.

no worries at all, don't take my word or anyone else on here though, i always suggest some googling to get a better understanding.

i'm not saying a brown dwarf isn't hurtling towards us right now, there could be several, we don't know. We I can feel fairly comfortable about is that nothing that massive is as close as it would have to be for the "predictions" to be accurate. We'd be able to detect it.

detecting it, sadly, doesn't mean we can stop it, or even redirect it. If some massive body came smashing through our solar system it would not be good, we need the moon, but it's a liability being so close, something big enough could give it a push or pull physically or just with it's mass, and send it towards us or away from us.

The thing I'd honestly be worried about is elenin bringing a debris field behind it. It's going to pass between us and the sun and if there's any debris the ISS and satellites might be in some trouble.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ughhh,
SERIOUSLY?!
Another one of these?!
Forgive me, but I'm REALLY getting sick of all the ignorant (repeat) threads posted regarding this, *ahem*, 'supposed Nibiru'

FACT IS-
(use common sense here please!)
IF a planet several times larger, and more importantly- WITH EXPONENTIALLY GREATER MASS- than Jupiter, were in our solar system-
I'll admit that there is one thing that the Nibiru'ers WOULD be correct about-
The notion that it could exist but that we would be unaware of its existence,
If it existed,
We ABSOLUTELY would be unaware...

BECAUSE WE WOULD ALL BE DEAD.

Something THAT MASSIVE making its way towards us would RIP OUR SOLAR SYSTEM APART.

*pulling my hair out*
I just don't understand WTF people don't understand about this VERY basic concept?!?!

I'm NOT saying that a brown dwarf doesn't exist in our galaxy (as CLEARLY it does- which is what the WISE project has recently released)
BUT NOT IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
Seriously people?!
FACEPALMHEADDESK

Here is the post I added in the ATS thread you've referenced:

(START POST)
reply to post by Razz123
Might want to change the title of your thread-

"Recently, WISE completed an extended mission, allowing it to finish a complete scan of the asteroid belt, and two complete scans of the more distant universe, in two infrared bands. So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter."

What they're ACTUALLY saying is:

"Here is what WISE found:
1. A brown dwarf
2. 20 comets
3. 134 NEOs
4. 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

NOT THAT ALL OF THOSE OBJECTS WERE FOUND "between Mars and Jupiter.
I can see how one could interpret it that way though.
A good example of WHY proper grammar is so important.

i.e.
THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMAS:
'Let's eat, grandpa!'
versus
'Let's eat grandpa!'
lol

(END OF POST)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
This Elenin has put doubts in all of Nibiru believers and physicians. Fresh news are here now, putting more doubts i think :
______beforeitsnews/story/587/964/ELENIN_-_MASSIVE_OBJECT_COMIN%E2%80%8BG_IN_TOWARDS_US.html

Nasa has doubts since many thing happen in our solar system : new planets ? new comet ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You use a source that posts blatantly fake images, cites the non-existant Starviewer team, and uses the IRAS' picture of Saturn as 'evidence'.

Yeah, no sell.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Please learn how to read things. Here is one of the sources for the article you read:
The European Union Times

In other words: SORCHA FAAL!!!

To the Mods: Can we simply get the European Union Times classified as a "known hoax?"

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

This thread can be usefull for others.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

This thread can be usefull for others.

For many reasons:

•How not to make a thread.
•For "the lulz"
•A form of torture to educated people.
•Cannon fodder
•Solid "proof" by Nibiru believers.
•The beginning of some new dumb idea that has no basis on reality.
•Metaphorical toilet paper.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

imagine that the sun is swallowing a bigger object...
(nice video)

Now that will be an even bigger problem. Think about it. If something the size of Jupiter hit the sun, we could see a solar killer scale Armageddon, and that is the last thing on my list.
edit on 27-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

and it would be the end

new topics

top topics

join