It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA employees banned from watching the launch because of Obama's presence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
IF THIS IS FOR REAL... this is DISGUSTING.

NASA employees banned from watching the launch because of Obama's presence

NASA and United Space Alliance employees have just been informed that due to President Obama attending the launch of Space Shuttle Endeavour on Friday, the entire facility will be on lock-down, and they will not be permitted to leave their offices to watch the launch in person.

What the hell? Really? The last launch ever? And those people have given their lives to the cause... and they are about to be all fired? And they get that treatment?

If this is for real, Obama allowing this is truly disgusting.

EDIT : This applies to NASA employees INSIDE the facility... it will be on lockdown and they won't be able to see the launch.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hopefully Obama will record it on his phone and upload it on Youtube for them

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hmmm... seem their logic is to stop someone from shooting Obama. Too bad stuff like this makes people snap... understandably

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am highly suspect of your blog source....posted by "Barnzy"????

A friend of a friend told someone..blah blah blah.

I don't see why employees would be locked in their office...that makes no sense.
edit on 26-4-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
and i am highly suspect of the man obama who essentially killed the space program in america

going to see the fruits of his labor the last shuttle ever to be launched from america

god save the king obama

may the sun never fade from his most glorious visage

all hail the king.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Then only thing I could find on the net was the Free Republic as a source. There is absolutely no way to tell if this is even true. It looks like it was just some guy saying he knows someone who told him this was how it was going to be. Anything without something to back this up is pure speculation and there is no need for people to get their you-know-whats in a wad until we can verify this.

link   

From source:

Their big payoff is being able to watch the Shuttle launch and successfully make it into space

Holy generalization...

Speaking for anyone should be frowned upon...speaking for those in a highly specialized field without the credentials to accompany the rhetoric, should come with 10 lashings..!

Speaking of 10 lashings - how does Obama equate into this..? Oh, that's right - it was an opportunity to forward your own agenda.

edit on 26-4-2011 by facelift because: indentify source

link   

Originally posted by neo96
and i am highly suspect of the man obama who essentially killed the space program in america

going to see the fruits of his labor the last shuttle ever to be launched from america

god save the king obama

may the sun never fade from his most glorious visage

all hail the king.

Don't you always talk about that we have to stop spending???

You should be applauding Obama for cutting spending in a program that is not needed.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
NASA employees cannot watch the launch, but this guy can? Forgive me if I have just a little trouble believing an unsourced post on FreeRepublic.

Will you be watching when the space shuttle Endeavour makes its historic final launch from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center? The University of Delaware’s Doug White will be. He’s been selected from a pool of 4,100 applicants to watch the event in person from about three miles away and to receive back-stage access to NASA astronauts, scientists, and engineers.

www.udel.edu...

ETA: And these kids will also be there to watch the launch.

About two dozen students from Pasteur Elementary School on Detroit’s west side are headed to Florida to watch the final launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavour, the Detroit Public Schools announced today.

Students, parents, and staff have tickets to enter the launch site viewing area Kennedy Space Center in Florida. They plan to leave on a bus Wednesday, April 27.

www.freep.com...
edit on 26-4-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

These people will also be watching the launch. Please read the last sentence of this paragraph.

Barbara Nixon and Brian Prince are among 150 space enthusiasts and Twitter users invited to participate in a "tweetup" surrounding the launch of space shuttle Endeavour on mission STS-134 at Kennedy Space Center on Florida's East Coast. They will have special access to the launch complex and will watch the liftoff from the KSC press site, the closest viewing site for anyone other than NASA employees.

www.theledger.com...

I'm calling BS on the freeper site.
edit on 26-4-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

now why on earth why would i ever applaud that dolt who cuts nasa and defense

and doubles the entitlement programs in this country

now honestly why would i?

sorry it aint ever going to happen.

novemeber second i will be thankful when hes out of office god,allah,aqua buddah willing.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There is no way that another space program doesn't exist. Logically, it doesn't make a lick of sense. I know I'm opening a big ol' can o worms here, but seriously. Do you guys think that this is all there is?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Then what about these people?:

Space Shuttle Endeavour witnesses: Giffords, Obama and 150 tweeters
blogs.orlandosentinel.com...

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, President Barack Obama and his family and likely scores of other VIPs will have their prime vantage points for Friday’s launch of the space shuttle Endeavour. The Twitter community will have one too.

As with the past couple of launches, NASA has invited 150 of its Twitter followers, randomly selected from more than 4,000 who registered, to the launch. They’ll be centered in a Twitter tent at the Kennedy Space Center press site, sending their 140-character observations to the world over Twitter.com.

And say... Isn't the "royal" wedding on the 29th as well. Shades of Illuminati timetables keep popping up in my mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

oh i have no doubt that another space program doesnt exist

but heres where we diverge from agreement

a space program to make more space for more entiltements
t

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This doesn't make any sense. NASA has put so much work into the shuttle program. For them to be denied viewing the last flight of their shuttles seems like a punch in the throat to me. Maybe it's Obama haters in NASA because of him cutting funding or something.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

now why on earth why would i ever applaud that dolt who cuts nasa and defense

and doubles the entitlement programs in this country

now honestly why would i?

sorry it aint ever going to happen.

novemeber second i will be thankful when hes out of office god,allah,aqua buddah willing.

So you aren't really being honest about cutting spending then...huh?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Could you elaborate?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I do know for a fact that when a prez comes onto a talk show, late night show or news station, certain interns and employees are given the day off with no reason. It is probably because they have had background checks brought up and said some less than savory things over the internet or phone. All of which is recorded and kept.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

it is rather appearent that obama wasn't honest about cutting spending not i friend.

i dont work in washington now do i
edit on 26-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

heres the elaboration:

nasa was cut do to not enough money in the federal budget right?

social security,medicare,medicaid,welfare,food stamps etc all had the budgets doubled.

cut one program to make space for the expansion of other "more important" programs

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

NASA employees cannot watch the launch, but this guy can? Forgive me if I have just a little trouble believing an unsourced post on FreeRepublic.

NASA employees working in the compound cannot watch the launch, not EVERYONE...

I am highly suspect of your blog source....posted by "Barnzy"????

A friend of a friend told someone..blah blah blah.

I don't see why employees would be locked in their office...that makes no sense.

Yeah that's why I said... IF TRUE... which is probably isn't since it was on freerepublic... and those people are crazy nuts.

Speaking of 10 lashings - how does Obama equate into this..? Oh, that's right - it was an opportunity to forward your own agenda.

My agenda? I got one? If you would know me, I've been posting for 7 years here and I've always been against Bush and Obama's BS.... so I don't have a ``republican anti-Obama`` agenda...

I just posted this because I thought it was interesting and great people here could see if it's real or not.

We shall see on the day of the launch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join