It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel like things don't matter anymore?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm not talking about total apathy, but apathy in certain things. For example, feeling like your job, school, etc. doesn't matter.

When i'm in school, i can't shake the feeling that it doesn't really matter what grades i get. I've never had this before last month or so and part of me knows that grades are important but another part shrugs it off. What DOES feel important is keeping the peace, in other words not having any outstanding issues with other people (making up as soon as possible), and the personal relationships between people. Actually, this is the focal point of my life right now, the bonds i forge with others.

It also feels like something big is coming, VERY soon. Like it could potentially happen in a few days, whatever it is. I've been feeling this sense of foreboding since the middle of last year, continuously building...

Anybody else?
edit on 26-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I do all the time. Then a pesky little thing called societal norms creeps up on me and I have to pretend like i do care to the point where I actually believe I do.

My "sense of foreboding" is pretty strong, too. Ever since mid-January for me. For some reason, I just can't shake the feeling that 2011 is going to be a doozy of a year and that it is all going to be a precursor to how 2012 is going to be. I am not referring to anything like the Mayan 2012. It just really feels like we've been headed downhill every since 2008 and that the consequences for many actions will come to fruition during this year.

edit on 26-4-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

In times like these, it is easy to feel as though nothing really matters. You're right, relationships, family, love are all things that should come first. Although, I think it is important to carry out your life and not let the news get to you too bad.

What is this "something big" you're talking about?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Exactly how I felt when I started college earlier this year. I was so excited about going to art school. But once I started going, all I would do was sit in class and write notes,draw random pictures or write songs. Ive never done that before. Thats why I dropped out and now im pursuing my dreams. College is a waste of time. Well, it was for me.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by itaii

What is this "something big" you're talking about?

I edited it with more info. It's just a sense of dread and foreboding that's been building and building...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Honestly... yes. I'm one of those people that knows I gotta keep my priorities straight and all, but especially of late, I'm more interested in my family, my friends, my positivity and PEACE. It's a hard feelin to shake annd maybe we're not supposed to shake it...idk

Always listen to yourself and your body.

Your not alone!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
For me, it's the things in society set up the way they are that no longer matter to me.

As you said, job, school, etc, just does not mean ANYTHING compared to the relationships you forge with others and knowing that this present moment is the only one you are guaranteed to have.

Society today is a joke, perpetuated by the elite and carried on by the masses in the hopes that things will one day change. Well, Einstein said it well, when he saic, "the definitiion of insanity is doing the same things over and over and over and expeting a differente result." That's what we have going on right now.

My family and I are getting things together to just walk away from society and make our own way. I think that the "big feeling" you're sensing is that a great many people are just absolutely so sick of playing the game that they are stopping.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm not talking about total apathy, but apathy in certain things. For example, feeling like your job, school, etc. doesn't matter.

When i'm in school, i can't shake the feeling that it doesn't really matter what grades i get. I've never had this before last month or so and part of me knows that grades are important but another part shrugs it off. What DOES feel important is keeping the peace, in other words not having any outstanding issues with other people (making up as soon as possible), and the personal relationships between people. Actually, this is the focal point of my life right now, the bonds i forge with others.

It also feels like something big is coming, VERY soon. Like it could potentially happen in a few days, whatever it is. I've been feeling this sense of foreboding since the middle of last year, continuously building...

Anybody else?
edit on 26-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Sure with the way society is going right now a lot of things like a job might seem unimportant, it feels like a lie. Education on the other hand, does matter, no matter which way you slice it. It doesn't matter if you get good grades, but keep up with the education man. Learning is always a good thing. I feel like everything is going to come crashing down so it is best to focus on what's important, and that is the now.

Best of luck

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Life does matter. You just need to turn off your computer more often. I am guilty of this myself (computer doom overload), but I just got back from 4 days without the darn thing, and you realize the earth has not changed all that much other than overpopulation which has obviously created population specific problems.

I do think sh!! will happen, don't get me wrong, but you can't give up trying to make the world the best place you can.

I think the challenge in life is to live it, no matter what obstacles come your way. I would be bummed if I died before something big happened, as wierd as that sounds, lIke if I missed out on the big earthquake, or economic armageddon, or the electric grid going down. Life is meant to be experienced good or bad, and in the meantime you've got to be smart, so don't give up on ANYTHING!

My 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes. I also have little desire to pursue long term plans and goals (which had always been a big focus of mine) and instead I am much more focused on helping the neighbors, enjoying my moments, connecting with people and nature, enjoying the books and philosophy I love.

There are some longer range things I want (kind of) to pursue, but I just cant really get motivated that way. Its definitely been a shift to a much more satisfying overall life style.

And I also have been having dreams/feelings that something big may be about to happen that will cost a lot of lives. But Im choosing to focus on how the grass smells and feels, or the wind, or what the birds sound like, being a good friend, neighbor, pet owner, etc. Im not even too highly motivated to prepare for the SHTF, because it almost feels like there isnt a point to it, and why waste too much time on fear. Not that I do not have moments where I worry about what might be coming.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkestHour

Sure with the way society is going right now a lot of things like a job might seem unimportant, it feels like a lie. Education on the other hand, does matter, no matter which way you slice it. It doesn't matter if you get good grades, but keep up with the education man. Learning is always a good thing. I feel like everything is going to come crashing down so it is best to focus on what's important, and that is the now.

Good answer, but I would interject with "education in WHAT?" as being the big question to ask yourself.

If things are going to fall apart (it is lol), an education in common school courses would do little good. As an example, how many people holding degrees are working at McDonalds or something similar right now? A LARGE proportion.

If you are going to educate yourself, learn about things that you can USE no matter WHAT happens to change in society. Learn how to grow food, sustainable and alternative energy methods, alternative healing and nutritional concepts, etc.

Those would be useful no matter what happens or where you end up in the food chain (AND would help a lot more people than just yourself, as well).
edit on 26-4-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by TheDarkestHour

Good answer, but I would interject with "education in WHAT?" as being the big question to ask yourself.

If things are going to fall apart (it is lol), an education in common school courses would do little good. As an example, how many people holding degrees are working at McDonalds or something similar right now? A LARGE proportion.

If you are going to educate yourself, learn about things that you can USE no matter WHAT happens to change in society. Learn how to grow food, sustainable and alternative energy methods, alternative healing and nutritional concepts, etc.

Those would be useful no matter what happens or where you end up in the food chain (AND would help a lot more people than just yourself, as well).
edit on 26-4-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

Completely agree. A definite emphasis on the most basic of survival skills like growing food. It's important to be as self-sufficient as possible

Hey but you can't forget that people all over the world hold different wealth's of knowledge, all we would have to do is come together.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I would say continue to educate yourself but DONT focus on what you think will be of "use." Focus on what you love. Best thing I ever did in my life was to walk away from business school at the beginning of my senior year and take up philosophy instead. If what you love to do happens to be of use, great. If other people think its useless, do what you love anyway. You never know what will turn out to be useful in life.

If you do what you love, you will be on the right path FOR YOU. Too much of human society for the last however many years has been focused on making corporate America or someone else want to date you. Trying to make yourself what they want. And look how thats worked out for us. They used us, and dumped us as a people like cheap whores and fled to anywhere and everywhere they could find cheaper whores.

Make your life about being who you really are. I am of the believe that every human being has a purpose, and that being who you really are is better for the world than anything else you could ever do.

Edit to add;

And while it is nice to learn to garden and grow food for yourself, no one is going to make it alone. We are going to have to form communities, and you never know what skill that group might need. It might turn out that those underwater basket weaving classes everyone mocked you for taking are just the thing your group really needs.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've felt the same way for almost two years.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
First off, everything matters. But there is a pecking order of the way things should matter. The pecking order has been tampered with by external forces. By external forces I mean in the broadest stroke of the brush; both on and off this world or realm. The ones that have the most influence over you are the ones in this realm, the greedy schemers.

We have a tremendous connect one to another, it has been oppressed for eons and now it is synthesized and watered down to a mundane and superficial shell of what it was originally. It was a disconnect for a time and then the web came along at a critical point and is performing as a bridge of consciousness. Our thoughts and words are changing the world. Again though, our expressions are watered down, superficial and at times, deviant and malicious.

However, the sensation of change and possible foreboding is a sign of an awakening. We are being called. As it intensifies things will be corrected and unfold as they should.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
About my life, parents, family, career and such.....hell yeah....It MATTERs lot.
UFO, Apocalypse, Disclosure, 2012, Transforming to higher density.................they dont matter anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have to admit the world seems dim these days and it wears on me too.

The world will go on though. It's not ending, it's just looking ugly at the moment.

Your grades do matter, so do your human bonds. Just keep your head up and keep pushing forward. Regardless of what may come, good or bad, you'll need to be alert and strong to make the most of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I admit to feeling and thinking as if something is looming and about to happen. I have often thought of what could happen, but lately, nothing I do or think about seems real important and meaningful any longer and in that sense of foreboding, I, like others seem to feel and sense that playing the game no longer matters.

I have tried many ways to break this mood or state of mind, but nothing seems to alter or deter me from thinking that everything is a lie and a total waste of time. The feeling and thoughts that something is about to happen strengthens each day and that is why this posting made me realize that I wasn't the only one that felt this way.

I may not feel any better, but at least I know that others are feeling similar thoughts and feelings.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Oh i absolutely agree... the different skillsets are going to be important for sure. And I always, ALWAYS, advocate doing what you love as opposed to doing what you're "supposed" to do lol

But I also live by this quote from Robert A Heinlein...

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

That's kinda the point I was trying to make about the educating stuff
Do what you love, first, but don't neglect picking up skills that you never would have thought you'd need.

We have the ressurection of the Library of Alexandria available to us in the form of the Internet. All the knowledge of mankind is available to you at the touch of a button, right now, right here. There's no excuse for not knowing how to do anything you set your mind to do.

And, like all the great libraries of the past, the knowledge within is a danger to those in power, and will be the first thing to burn when they invade.

Bear that in mind. Use it while it's here, and never let anyone ever take away your power to think for yourself.

That's my point

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes!!!! I have been feeling this way for about a month or so...I've always loved my job but lately I've found I've been taking long lunches, periodically taking off work an hour or so early/starting an hour later in order to spend more time with family and my pets and to do things I enjoy doing. I'm lucky I have a job that is flexible like this and I can get away with this sort of thing but I get paid by the hour so I'm making less money by doing this and I really don't care!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join