It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Tips for Spotting and Side-Stepping Web Goons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I know that there are ongoing discussions/rows about whether agents of 'The Government' or various private or other organisational interests operate on ATS. A question that frequently rears its head is how to know if someone is some kind of agent/troll/goon. Another question that often comes up is how to deal with them. Here are a few tips.

Here are a few alternative links to the video in case that one dies.

www.dailymotion.com...
www.disclose.tv...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Damn divisive water muddier's! That was pretty informative, although not surprising. The Goon squad huh?
Man ATS has to be the biggest place for these characters to run amuck too! Don't feed the trolls, of course, but I am also reminded that everything you say/type, can/will be used against you. I think it is important to correspond here with the awareness that yes, you are being monitored, and things like inciting violence or racism may get you on some list or something worse. Patriot Act subversion's definition comes to mind also.
One can still speak out or against in a civil way me thinks.

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That was an excellent video. I am afraid that I am guilty of responding to more than one of these goons here on ATS; on the other hand I'd like to think that I've put a couple of them in their place too -- nicely, of course.

It is comforting in some strange way to think that maybe the guy who makes an absurdly ridiculous, outlandish and violent statement isn't really for real, and was just being a goon for some nefarious purpose. Its better than believing some people actually do think and talk like that. Ugh.
edit on 4/27/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The best way to handle "web goons" is with facts and evidence. Or if they are the ones making claims, asking them for their facts and evidence.

All the "side-stepping" is done by the agents themselves when you press them like that. I'm convinced that these people already know what they're saying is disinformation because it's part of their job as per the DoD, so they intentionally steer away from direct reasoning. The first thing they do is go off onto tangents that also fit DoD agendas and convolute the discussion.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This Video should be required viewing for all posters here. Thanks for the link!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Cool vid. Not sure if this is necessary but you could also use a virtual keyboard when typing in passwords to avoid key-loggers that register physical strokes. From what I have read few banks in Brazil use physical keypads for this very reason because hacking is so prevalent there.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

An important part of handling them is understanding how they operate. The thread below compliments this one nicely with that aim in mind.

Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation

www.washingtonsblog.com...
edit on 25/5/11 by Pimander because: Add second link.

new topics

top topics

join