It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme court bans medicinal use of Aloe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I did a search and this was posted but the thread was deleted. I was wondering if this would found to be a hoax or something or if we're just not supposed to talk about Aloe on here because it is a "drug".

Just wondering.

recoilmag.com...

Washington, D.C. -- The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled Monday that people using the aloe vera plant for medicinal purposes are not exempt from federal laws prohibiting use of the naturally occurring herb, which medical experts say can ease the suffering of burn victims. "It is clear from the text of the [controlled substances law] that Congress has determined the aloe vera plant has no medical benefits worthy of an exception," Justice Clarence Thomas wrote for the court.

edit on 26-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Already posted and moved to the hoax bin, I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, it seems to be 404d across the web. From what I can tell of what remains, it was a satire article written to discuss the lunacy of trying to regulate the medicinal use of naturally occurring plants.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ok good. After looking more around that site I can see that it is probably a hoax. Its amazing how many sites will parrot what they see from one source on the internet.

Feel free to trash this thread mods.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
it wont be a hoax five years from now...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Ok good. After looking more around that site I can see that it is probably a hoax. Its amazing how many sites will parrot what they see from one source on the internet.

There is a difference between a hoax and satire. Lost on many to be sure. It's an acquired taste, like aloe and best swollowed with your tongue planted firmly in your cheek.
edit on 26-4-2011 by whaaa because: viva la pepa

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by mayabong

There is a difference between a hoax and satire. Lost on many to be sure. It's an acquired taste, like aloe and best swollowed with your tongue planted firmly in you cheek.

I understand that. Didn't know it was a satire site. Just saw someone post it on facebook and people were pretty outraged lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The original work may have been a "satire," but when other sites pick it up and run with it as fact, then those subsequent stories become hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

recoilmag.com...

Recoil TM is a satirical newspaper published by Blue V Productions, LLC.

Recoil TM uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

new topics

top topics

join