It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy rains and flooding in SE Missouri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
SE Missouri(and elsewhere) has had near non stop heavy rains from Thursday thru Tuesday morning which has caused flooding. More severe storms are expected tonight/tomorrow.

more than 6 inches of rain fell on the town on Monday, bringing the four-day total in the area to 15 inches and causing the Black River to pour over the levee in 30 places from Poplar Bluff to the town of Qulin, downriver.

news.yahoo.com...

Other than a leaky roof, I'm fine here but work has been cancelled because it's flooded there.

Other areas that have been hit hard:

Kentucky

Arkansas

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow ! It must be bad there . Is this normal rainy season stuff .

I was reading threads here about all the underwater body bag that your Fema has ordered for an exercise that was to be held in that region . Who knows the region that it is planned in for May ?

And to further that the guy in charge of the exercises was also in NZ when the big quakes happened . All sorts of links. It was a guy on youtube I was watching explain all of that stuff .But now look . Here we are in that area of your getting so flooded out that it is like Noahs ark. Just the type of exercise they were about to do there . Or that mid New Madrid fault area .
I hope your houses are built up high on stilts at least .

Has Dutchsense been doing his radar posts predicting these rains ?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
Wow ! It must be bad there . Is this normal rainy season stuff .

No, not typical rainfall. Much heavier.

As for the other stuff you mentioned, I am not too familiar with it. Other than the fault which we are close to.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
More rain/storms headed toward Missouri. Storms with very heavy rain just came thru central Arkansas heading north.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Some people that I know even got a mention on ABC World News.

Rivers Surge With Relentless Storms

Link to site with video.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is the gov't trying to hide the extent of the flooding in SE USA? Went to the NOAA website on flooding and clicked on the links for 'current river conditions' and 'current flood warnings, watches and advisories'.

www.noaawatch.gov...

All I got was:

Not Accessible
You have requested an area on the National Weather Service website that is not accessible for security reasons.

and

Page Not Found
The web page you have asked for cannot be found. This could be for several reasons.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What a difference a year makes. Now we are the complete opposite. Record droughts now. Drought

I wish we could have saved some of last years' rain for this year.

top topics

join